NSW Origin side for Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have said all along that the "youth policy" line was garbage and was only used so they didnt have to answer questions about why players like Ryan and Kimmorley were not picked despite being in great form.
The selection of Barrett confirms it for me (who is actually older than Ryan)
I hope NSW get smashed 3 blot so we can get rid of the selectors.. they are f$%ked.
hey, so question then!
do u think that if nsw lose game 2, that craig bellamy will no longer be coach for next year? I remember they brought him in at the time cause they thought he was a "supercoach" and was capable of miracles lol but i dont think his tactics have been that good, and if NSW lose this series, thats 2 series losses in a row. Graham Murray lost his coaching job after losing 2 origin series in a row, so IF it was to happen again, do u think they'll do the same 2 him?

UnderCoverBrother

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hey, so question then!
do u think that if nsw lose game 2, that craig bellamy will no longer be coach for next year? I remember they brought him in at the time cause they thought he was a "supercoach" and was capable of miracles lol but i dont think his tactics have been that good, and if NSW lose this series, thats 2 series losses in a row. Graham Murray lost his coaching job after losing 2 origin series in a row, so IF it was to happen again, do u think they'll do the same 2 him?
I think Bellamy would be given a third crack, i don't see any other coaches who have similar club coaching credentials (based on the last few seasons). If Manly do great this year after all they went through i wouldn't be surprised to see Des Hasler given a go. We Could also get a "blues legend" and a club assistant coach like the maroons who knows with our blues, im surprised we don't change coaches each match we loose its ridiculous.

I'll say this again, our team matches QLD although we (blues) lack a pair of halves who will take charge e.g. Lockyer and Jt are both leaders and playmakers, even Wallace in club footy NEEDS someone like lockyer to shine.

afghan4life

Beastwood
Reaction score
nsw got betta fowards and there backs are pretty good but halves are hopeless for origin

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nsw got betta fowards and there backs are pretty good but halves are hopeless for origin
Betta what ?? THey didn't make any inroads against an ageing front row. The forwards create the space/time for the halves to give the outside backs quality ball. The NSW forwards have been dominated/nullified by the QLD pack, so the quality of the halves really shines through. Plus Thurston and Lockyer have played in Origin together for a while now and have develop an understanding for each others game, NSW thinks they can do that in a week of training.

QLD 4 series in a row white wash.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL AT THE TEAM ! FFS, SELECTORS ARE GARBAGE.

Morris should have been ahead of Lyon. Ennis over khara. White over Stewart. ( another front rower instead of him )

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oz Tag footy? I think QLD have better backs anyway, Slater, Hunt, Inglis, Folau will have a field day if it's oz tag footy especially with Lockyer and Thurston giving them quality ball.
Hey kimlo, when I say Oz Tag Footy, it's this rubbish style of play where they run from dummy half, quick play the ball before getting to their feet, one pass off the ruck and keep doing it to gain cheap yardage. NSW started doing that in the second half of the first game and made metres up the middle.

When a state of origin game descends to this level it becomes a joke. This is supposed to be a war not Oz Tag.

QLD played hard and moved the ball around. NSW got praise after game one because they got close playing Oz Tag at the end but they really weren't that good. Creagh and Jennings are dangerous but because our playmakers are woeful and our forwards got out muscled these guys rarely got the ball in a serious raid.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Betta what ?? THey didn't make any inroads against an ageing front row. The forwards create the space/time for the halves to give the outside backs quality ball. The NSW forwards have been dominated/nullified by the QLD pack, so the quality of the halves really shines through. Plus Thurston and Lockyer have played in Origin together for a while now and have develop an understanding for each others game, NSW thinks they can do that in a week of training.

QLD 4 series in a row white wash.
Niether of our props made a hundred metres in the first game.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Price, Petero Civinoceiva, Ben Hannant, Nate Myles ( origin edition ) >>>>> Kite, Bailey, Weyman, Poore, White, Watmough, Learoyd Lahrs, and every other prop in NSW.

Fu Manchu

www.myspace.com/fumanchu
Reaction score
Team they should have gone with:

1) Hayne
2) Monaghan
3) Lyon
4) Cooper
5) Williams
6) Gidley
7) Mullen
8) Stuart
9) Farah
10) Weyman
11) Creagh
12) Ryan
13) O'Donnell

14) Payten
15) Learoyd-Lahrs
16) Scott
17) Wing

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
why do people insist on playing gidley in the halves?? he has never and will never be great as a 5/8 or halfback. When you have better players in that position, you should be going for them. Remember its "supposed" to be the best from NSW taking on the best from QLD.

Gidley isnt the best NSW fullback, 5/8 or halfback. But he sure is the best utility we have, so logically he should be playing on the bench. he could easily be the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.