NSW GOVT IN SPORTS FUNDING RORTS AS WELL

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The world is currently ruled by corruption, Putin in Russia, Johnson in UK, Xi Jinping in China, Trump in US, Netanyahu in Israel.

Do we fight it or embrace it?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bridget McKenzie didn't have legal power over sports grants, law expert Anne Twomey says
ABC News Breakfast
Posted8 hours ago, updated7 hours ago
WATCH
Duration: 1 minute 45 seconds1m 45s
'Minister did not have legal power in sports grants process,' says law expert
Senator Bridget McKenzie did not appear to have the constitutional power to make decisions about the $100 million community sports grant program, says a leading law expert who has also cast doubt on the lawfulness of the entire process.

Key points:

• Professor Anne Twomey says the Minister "does not have the power" to make decisions on the sports grants
  • The entire Commonwealth sports grant program may be unconstitutional, she says
  • A Nationals MP has called for "increased transparency" around grants to restore public trust
University of Sydney professor of constitutional law Anne Twomey said the Commonwealth had limited powers under the constitution, and these did not extend to sport.

facing growing pressure to resign over the handling of the sports grant program after a federal auditor-general's report found marginal seats were targeted before the election by the then-sports minister.

The report discovered "evidence of distribution bias in the award of grant funding" and noted there did not appear to be any legal authority for the Minister to have picked recipients.

It has since been revealed Prime Minister Scott Morrison's local soccer club also boasted about funding for a clubhouse weeks before a grant was announced.

Entire program may be unconstitutional, Twomey says
Professor Twomey has also cast doubt on the entire sports grants program, citing the case of a Queensland father who challenged the school chaplaincy program in the High Court in 2014.

"The High Court said, 'Well, the Commonwealth can't spend money on things unless there's parliamentary authorisation for it and unless there's some support in the constitution for it'," Professor Twomey said.

"In this particular case, the Commonwealth might rely on what's sometimes called its nationhood power.

"But that means you either need some kind of national emergency, like the bushfires or the global economic crisis … or it has to be something that peculiarly only the Commonwealth can do and the states are unable to do.

"And we know that the states can, and do, give out sports grants, so it doesn't seem to fit either of those.

"Which means that there's a bit of a problem in terms of supporting this program."

Government minister Darren Chester also weighed in on the controversy surrounding his Nationals colleague, suggesting increased transparency around grants could help restore public trust.

"I've said this many times publicly in the past — the integrity of the way we deliver these types of programs needs to have the transparency that people can have confidence that a fair system is in place," he told the ABC.

"Because people need to have confidence when they make a bid for a program."

"Increasing the transparency, I think, will be good for us as politicians at local, state and federal level, to restore that trust with our voters."

UNO

Waterboy
Reaction score
grants are good if spent right. i dont know if this is spent right but

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
grants are good if spent right. i dont know if this is spent right but
They went to worthy participants but participants were selected in key political areas. Pork barreling isn’t right but all parties do it so it’s hypocritical for others to complain

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They went to worthy participants but participants were selected in key political areas. Pork barreling isn’t right but all parties do it so it’s hypocritical for others to complain
The labor minister resigned when she got caught.

Peter slipper was dragged through the mud and resigned

Craig Thompson sacked

Sam dastyari resigned

Larissa Walters willingly resigned immediately so that she could get rid of her dual citizenship

Meanwhile

McKenzie is still there and digging her heels in

Matt canavan is still there

Angus Taylor is still there

Susan ley is still there

Joe hockey is still ambassador to the US

Mathias corman

Michaela cash

Do I need continue?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The labor minister resigned when she got caught.

Peter slipper was dragged through the mud and resigned

Craig Thompson sacked

Sam dastyari resigned

Larissa Walters willingly resigned immediately so that she could get rid of her dual citizenship

Meanwhile

McKenzie is still there and digging her heels in

Matt canavan is still there

Angus Taylor is still there

Susan ley is still there

Joe hockey is still ambassador to the US

Mathias corman

Michaela cash

Do I need continue?
Tell us all what they were found guilty of and let everyone decide. Don’t forget Eddie and the rock spider

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell us all what they were found guilty of and let everyone decide. Don’t forget Eddie and the rock spider
Well I mean this says everything that I've been complaining about. There's ignorant statements like "both sides are as bad as each other" and if people are asking "Tell us all what they were found guilty of and let everyone decide", it's quite clearly an indication that :-

A. People don't follow politics (all the incidents I listed were all splashed over the media repeatedly)

B. Given that people don't follow politics, they make statements like "they're just as bad as each other"

How can that statement be made if you've got NFI what's going on?

As far as Eddie is concerned, that's a state government issue and RIGHTFULLY Labor are suffering the consequences of being in opposition for quite a long time in NSW.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To answer your question @Natboy II

Labor minister (forgot her name) resigned because she also illegally distributed funding just as this current case

Peter slipper $900 cab charge

Craig Thompson credit card strip club scandal

Larissa Walters dual citizenship

Sam dastyari accepting watch and flights from China

Now for the libs and nationals

McKenzie this current blatant rort

Canavan, his mum applied for Italian citizenship for him and he didnt know

Gladys Liu 100k donation from the chinese

Susan ley claiming trips to buy an apartment

Michaela cashs office tipping off media for union raids then she avoided questions both in Senate inquiry and in court proceedings.

Angus Taylor $80 million water buy back for a company he once was director and now that that company is registered in Cayman islands Australia cant ask for them to reveal who their directors are. Barnaby Joyce is also included in this

Joe hockey and mathias corman travel agency helloworld government tender. Corman apparently didnt realise that no money had been taken out of his bank account for a trip that hello world organised.

Barnaby Joyce giving his mistress a job

Barnaby Joyce accepting a 40k reward from gina Reinhardt

Peter duttons wife owning a child care centre and this same government pushing through bills to subsidize child care centre . Of course no conflict of interest there

A (I think) $650k commissioned report which no one can find because Barnaby Joyce sent it via sms text messages

There seems to be a common theme of who resigns and who doesnt

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To answer your question @Natboy II

Labor minister (forgot her name) resigned because she also illegally distributed funding just as this current case

Peter slipper $900 cab charge

Craig Thompson credit card strip club scandal

Larissa Walters dual citizenship

Sam dastyari accepting watch and flights from China

Now for the libs and nationals

McKenzie this current blatant rort

Canavan, his mum applied for Italian citizenship for him and he didnt know

Gladys Liu 100k donation from the chinese

Susan ley claiming trips to buy an apartment

Michaela cashs office tipping off media for union raids then she avoided questions both in Senate inquiry and in court proceedings.

Angus Taylor $80 million water buy back for a company he once was director and now that that company is registered in Cayman islands Australia cant ask for them to reveal who their directors are. Barnaby Joyce is also included in this

Joe hockey and mathias corman travel agency helloworld government tender. Corman apparently didnt realise that no money had been taken out of his bank account for a trip that hello world organised.

Barnaby Joyce giving his mistress a job

Barnaby Joyce accepting a 40k reward from gina Reinhardt

Peter duttons wife owning a child care centre and this same government pushing through bills to subsidize child care centre . Of course no conflict of interest there

A (I think) $650k commissioned report which no one can find because Barnaby Joyce sent it via sms text messages

There seems to be a common theme of who resigns and who doesnt
Thank you. I follow politics but was interested in your opinion and interpretation of the incidents.
One thing I have missed and you’ll no doubt know, how did the dual citizenship drama go away with Penny Wong. Did she ever provide evidence? I do travel a lot but missed what ended up happening with her

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you. I follow politics but was interested in your opinion and interpretation of the incidents.
One thing I have missed and you’ll no doubt know, how did the dual citizenship drama go away with Penny Wong. Did she ever provide evidence? I do travel a lot but missed what ended up happening with her
Everyone, since before the last election, was checked and those that needed to be removed were forcibly removed e.g. malcolm roberts one nation

However the canavan excuse that he didnt know because his mum signed him up was amazingly let off by the high court

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Everyone, since before the last election, was checked and those that needed to be removed were forcibly removed e.g. malcolm roberts one nation

However the canavan excuse that he didnt know because his mum signed him up was amazingly let off by the high court
Ok cool. I thought she had somehow deflected it. It was all such a waste of time and money. I wish they would focus on more important things than trying to bring each other down

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Might add a few more:-

Supposedly it was one of Angus Taylor's staff (I call BS), doctoring travel expenses of Mayor Clover's office expenses and leaking it to the media. The AFP is apparently investigating this but they've let the Lib's off heaps of times in the recent past. Yes I'm saying the AFP are partisan

George Christensen and his flights to the phillipines and allegedly his strip club visits. He's spent more time in the phillipines than what he has in Australia over the past few years

The Palladin contract for refugees in manus and nauru

Screwing the NBN for uncle rupert

The $450 million grant to a Barrier Reef research organisation who had no idea they were getting it and never asked for it.

There's probably heap's more that I've forgotten about, but with this lot it's scandal and scandal after scandal and lies after lies after lies.

Both parties are CLEARLY NOT THE SAME.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Might add a few more:-

Supposedly it was one of Angus Taylor's staff (I call BS), doctoring travel expenses of Mayor Clover's office expenses and leaking it to the media. The AFP is apparently investigating this but they've let the Lib's off heaps of times in the recent past. Yes I'm saying the AFP are partisan

George Christensen and his flights to the phillipines and allegedly his strip club visits. He's spent more time in the phillipines than what he has in Australia over the past few years

The Palladin contract for refugees in manus and nauru

Screwing the NBN for uncle rupert

The $450 million grant to a Barrier Reef research organisation who had no idea they were getting it and never asked for it.

There's probably heap's more that I've forgotten about, but with this lot it's scandal and scandal after scandal and lies after lies after lies.

Both parties are CLEARLY NOT THE SAME.
So now the AFP are corrupt? Come on mate

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So now the AFP are corrupt? Come on mate
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but in the past 7 years (since Abbot won government) we as a nation have slipped down the order of corrupt nations in the world.

And it's not scandalous to suggest such (AFP) had you been closely following politics. There's been quite a few cases where the need to question their partisanship has arisen.

Don't forget as well we bugged the office of the East Timorese because we (John Howard) were trying to rort them out of their offshore gas fields, sold wheat to Saddam while the world had sanctions on him

If you truly think we're innocent and don't do that kind of shit, you've firmly got your head in the sand

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but in the past 7 years (since Abbot won government) we as a nation have slipped down the order of corrupt nations in the world.

And it's not scandalous to suggest such (AFP) had you been closely following politics. There's been quite a few cases where the need to question their partisanship has arisen.

Don't forget as well we bugged the office of the East Timorese because we (John Howard) were trying to rort them out of their offshore gas fields, sold wheat to Saddam while the world had sanctions on him

If you truly think we're innocent and don't do that kind of shit, you've firmly got your head in the sand
I’m sure there’s a lot that goes on that we don’t know but the AFP are accountable and closely monitored. Pretty big accusation to make

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m sure there’s a lot that goes on that we don’t know but the AFP are accountable and closely monitored. Pretty big accusation to make
With all the stacking of independent commissions that has gone on with this government over the 7 years, even the recent police commissioner (can't remember the exact title) who is a Hillsong mate of scummo, yeh I'm comfortable making that statement.

I do get your point at how outlandish it sounds but as I said with a LOT of this shit going on, yeh I'm comfortable making that statement

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
With all the stacking of independent commissions that has gone on with this government over the 7 years, even the recent police commissioner (can't remember the exact title) who is a Hillsong mate of scummo, yeh I'm comfortable making that statement.

I do get your point at how outlandish it sounds but as I said with a LOT of this shit going on, yeh I'm comfortable making that statement
Fair enough mate and that’s your opinion. I think you are referring to Andrew Scipione who was the NSW Police Commissioner, not AFP. I don’t like the look of the new commissioner though and I’ve heard many times through legal circles that he’s got some skeletons in his closest. As for corrupt I doubt that

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough mate and that’s your opinion. I think you are referring to Andrew Scipione who was the NSW Police Commissioner, not AFP. I don’t like the look of the new commissioner though and I’ve heard many times through legal circles that he’s got some skeletons in his closest. As for corrupt I doubt that
No it wasn't Scipione. I can't remember who it was, will find it later

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rorting is number one it seems lol