NSW Cup Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Today the Dogs played Balmain-Ryde, The Dogs were up 32 zip with a few to go. Not sure what was the final score.

Highlights:

- Gordon scoring a double, 1 off a great cut out pass by Roberts and the other a 90M run (believe it or not)
- Heka Nanai and Chris Armit are killing it.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how was roberts did he have a blinder?was he controlling the game or reynolds?

is he still fit?

CMON MAN DETAILS! lol

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roberts was ok for 1st game back. Controlled 1st half, but quiet 2nd half.

Went ok and saved a definate try right on the line in the 1st half when it was still nil all.

Not enough to unsettle Barba though.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Today the Dogs played Balmain-Ryde, The Dogs were up 32 zip with a few to go. Not sure what was the final score.

Highlights:

- Gordon scoring a double, 1 off a great cut out pass by Roberts and the other a 90M run (believe it or not)
- Heka Nanai and Chris Armit are killing it.
agree totally. Armit should be in the tog grade & Heka surprised me today. Final score 32 - 6

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
" Heka surprised me today."

Probably looking for a contract.

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Armit was great for us today. Made great metres and was solid in defence. Roberts I thought was good in defence but his attack and kicking game still need some work. Played well though considering how long he has been out for. Hickey did not play due to being injured. Bad news though with Romelo coming off early with shoulder problems and Reynolds coming off near the end with a hip injury. He looked to be in serious pain.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Heka=great nsw cup player. Not a first grader.

Romelo came off injured and didn't go back. Shoulder. Sorry CK.

Roberts great defence and was a bit quiet 2nd half though looked very good for first game back.

Gordon 80m try, was rooted at the end and basically collapsed over the line to score the try.

Fantastic game. 10 x better than our first graders.

Tim Browne, Morrin, Armit were on fire! Absolute domination.

I'll be following reggies for the rest of the year. At least they can play! Hardly any errors at all.

Dak1

Waterboy
Reaction score
they should put the nsw cup back into the nrl game day schedules with the toyota cup all three grades in one day
bring back reserve grade to gameday
looks like could be back to back grand final wins for the nsw cup maybe even toyota cup to

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Armit was great for us today. Made great metres and was solid in defence. Roberts I thought was good in defence but his attack and kicking game still need some work. Played well though considering how long he has been out for. Hickey did not play due to being injured. Bad news though with Romelo coming off early with shoulder problems and Reynolds coming off near the end with a hip injury. He looked to be in serious pain.
Armit was awesome. Played for the whole of the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second. He came back on with 15 to go. Lots of minutes and lots of meters. Showing a lot of courage and leadership.

What was good about Buddy's 90 meter try is that none of the Tigers speedsters could catch him. We were all gob smacked. 2 tries for him today.

Balmain beat us 54-16 a couple of months ago and they were on top of the comp. Today we kept them to 0 for 75 minutes, their last consolation try was just that.

We now sit on top of the ladder with for and against

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
roberts and armit should come back asap
Roberts not really. Armit yes. Roberts needs at least another week or two. He seemed rusty and threw some bad passes. No where near his top form. Armit is a legend. I have always tooted his horn. He made a mad run today. Just came onto the field. Took a kick off and went 50+ meters. Looked like a back. Had to do a double take :p

If the reason for Gordon/Armits dropping match fitness related I guess with 5 or so starts in the reggies they should be returning into first grade now. But I think their dropping might have had other reasons????

Gordon played well. And scooted away for a length of the field try with no one making any impression on him. Then again he is vs park footballers so you would expect him to kill it. You would think that you can fit Armit and Gordon in the team in place of Warburton and Halatau cant you????

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So how quick is buddy in open space? Or is he just powerful runner?
Mate it looked like he was really motoring. As others have stated he was playing against park football players and no one of note against him. But yes, he was quick in open space.

Pity that open space needs to be created in the NRL.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So how quick is buddy in open space? Or is he just powerful runner?
His first try was a real forwards try. Barged over. Carried a few. His 2nd try was a backs try. He found open spaces and no one looked like stopping him. It was however off a turn over so there was no defense infront of him and I have seen Sherwin and Kimmroley go the length of the field in similar situations but the impressive thing was that he was putting in the big strides and didnt slow down or give up. He was stuffed after the try. Could hardly lift his hand to shake his team mates hand and was hunched over and breathing heavily for a min or more. But he should be in first grade. He is a quality player and is an attacking player. His defense has improved since his time at the dogs and can put on a hit now and again.

He is not a stagg to play 80 mins makes 50 tackles and miss none. He is not an eastwood to run 140 meters with 5 off loads and 15 massive hits. But he is a great player and a great person and after his performances in the last 5 weeks should be given his bench spot back atleast. Maybe drop Neuman and play Idris at centre I dont know. But Gordon should be back in the team. Its not a one off performance he consistently plays well first grade and reserve grade.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
I've never been to the Crest before. Does anyone know the address and entry price to go and see the Dogs v Wenty Magpies next week?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've never been to the Crest before. Does anyone know the address and entry price to go and see the Dogs v Wenty Magpies next week?
Adults $10. Children Free entry.

Off Rex Road Georges Hall. McLean Street I think it is.

Najj

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lmao , Gordon ran 90 meters , im surprised he could do that

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And their consolation try was an intercept. Far too good the Dogs. The crowd gave Morrin an nice ovation when he came off. It felt like we were back at Belmore in the 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.