Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watched this one live.
Todd was excellent. Great defence on our line and some very strong runs in attack. I think a taste of first grade this season will really benefit him.
Cassius Tia played up from Flegg. He was very strong as well. He looks to be more of a long term lock proposition, really interested to watch his development.
I thought Lachlan Vale was strong he is another I am very keen to see where this season takes him.
Hopoi and Marshall got some important minutes both are long term propositions and any NSW cup games are beneficial for them
The second rowers i believe had the wrong numbers - only saw the nswrl highlights but pretty sure it was Harry Hayes scoring the try - both he and Vale are good workers.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many quality players coming through the grades - more than I have ever seen. Every position is covered - the competition in some positions is fierce.

If we get their development right we will be top 4 come 26 with a pipeline of players to keep us there.

We won the club championship last season and we will win it again this year - we will probably win it next year as well!!

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
The second rowers i believe had the wrong numbers - only saw the nswrl highlights but pretty sure it was Harry Hayes scoring the try - both he and Vale are good workers.
Yeah, the commentator was pissing me off all afternoon by calling them by the wrong names. They are 2 totally different looking players physically.

They both played quite well. Vale seems to be very strong and solid.

Can the Club be in any trouble for the players wearing different numbers to what is listed on the team sheet?

Last edited:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Cook looked really good I thought.
Yep BBO only played 20 mins probs because cook was going so well and I was actually think BBO was having his best game of the year.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tetevano can’t get a start in reggies when we are crying out for middles, one of your best Gus.
Assuming King,Kikau,Mann and Edwards are out,Even if Tetavano doesn't play first grade, we will need forwards in reggies . . . That's why he is here, depth and experience.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many quality players coming through the grades - more than I have ever seen. Every position is covered - the competition in some positions is fierce.

If we get their development right we will be top 4 come 26 with a pipeline of players to keep us there.

We won the club championship last season and we will win it again this year - we will probably win it next year as well!!
We need to make sure we keep them too, Joseph O'Neill is off contract,we.need to retain him.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
We need to make sure we keep them too, Joseph O'Neill is off contract,we.need to retain him.
It’s going be very hard to keep them all. Hayward O’Neil, Cassius Tia, Woods, Conti, even Bakarat in Matt’s is playing well. Looks like Hayward is being turned into a 9/lock. Tia could also end up a lock. Would be shit to see one of them leave and kill it. But just the way it is I guess.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s going be very hard to keep them all. Hayward O’Neil, Cassius Tia, Woods, Conti, even Bakarat in Matt’s is playing well. Looks like Hayward is being turned into a 9/lock. Tia could also end up a lock. Would be shit to see one of them leave and kill it. But just the way it is I guess.
We won't keep them all,not all of them will make first grade. The trick is keeping the right ones.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100% that's the goal to develop like Penrith have. If we lose some guns then so be it, only thing that will matter is that we keep the right ones and maintain a core group.