Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh Kautoga was good. Worked really hard.

Xerri looked strong with his yardage runs but his defence wasn’t great. Well off FG standard.

I am a Papali’i fan but today wasn’t a great day.
Kautoga is only a matter of time for a bench spot, its huge and decent defensively it seems. Xerri sorts his defence and he wont be far away, with his speed, would love to see him back to his best. Papalii, i really hope he excels, got lots of skill, if hes can be good under the high ball and defend also, skys the limit

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone summarise this game today? Wondering mainlu how Joash, Bronson and Kautoga did?
Joash was poor - worst iv seen him play - KK was good, Xerrie good with the ball but some soft defence - BBO kicked out on the full led to a try missed tackle led to a try. Perham terrible both side of the ball. Jack Todd / Hopoi were busy but neither dominate in tackles yet at this level. Tetavano played 11 mins and about 7 minutes - seems a long way off Patolo didnt seem too busy but what he did was OK Turpin - one really poor tackle attempt led to a try.
IMHO the better quality players - relative to age n experience are in Flegg and jun reps. Hopefully after SGball comp finishes there is movement between the squads. The club would sure be fully aware of the limitations of guys like Hoffman, BBO, Perham by now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Joash was poor - worst iv seen him play - KK was good, Xerrie good with the ball but some soft defence - BBO kicked out on the full led to a try missed tackle led to a try. Perham terrible both side of the ball. Jack Todd / Hopoi were busy but neither dominate in tackles yet at this level. Tetavano played 11 mins and about 7 minutes - seems a long way off Patolo didnt seem too busy but what he did was OK Turpin - one really poor tackle attempt led to a try.
IMHO the better quality players - relative to age n experience are in Flegg and jun reps. Hopefully after SGball comp finishes there is movement between the squads. The club would sure be fully aware of the limitations of guys like Hoffman, BBO, Perham by now.
Was a fan of BBO but he has not improved and like last year, actually seems to mess up the Cup team.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Our probs in cup are forwards. Tetavano
Played 10 min stints so clearly not right. Hippo had to play edge then got dropped and then played 68 min mainly in the middle so he has been messed around. Samrani had to play edge. Patolo only good for 20 min max in cup. Hayes doesn’t look right he is a centre turned second rower so a bit smaller which hurts bringing it out. Edwards has been injured. Once Poasa is back should help, guessing knight keeps his spot? Then in May Sutton and Fafita should come into it. Also by then ball will be over so can also rotate some flegg boys through. Drag a couple of wins against Blacktown, wenties etc and should come home strong.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ht matts up 28 nil. In sgball dogs have a Jorgensen playing centre. I know they tried to sign the waratah Jorgensen awhile back. Does anyone know about this Jorgensen?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching SG Ball live and seeing the players walk into the tunnel at half time there is no issue with size like we have in FG. There is some massive humans in the side even all the backs are big. Steelers are getting blown off the park. 28-0

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough day for the Flegg side today, played a much bigger and more physical side in Penrith. However another very impressive performance from our ball and matts sides.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tough day for the Flegg side today, played a much bigger and more physical side in Penrith. However another very impressive performance from our ball and matts sides.
I don’t think Penrith were that much bigger they were just a lot more aggressive IMO.

Our Flegg team had some players out? Joseph O’Neill playing cup

Elijah Mataale looked strong on the edge early. There will more then likely be a number of SG Ball boys promoted I’d say when their season finishes

Last edited:

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Penrith were that much bigger they were just a lot more aggressive IMO.

Our Flegg team had some players out? Joseph O’Neill playing cup

Elijah Mataale looked strong on the edge early. There will more then likely be a number of SG Ball boys promoted I’d say when their season finishes
I like what I've seen from Elijah Mataale so far, I think he's a great sneaky pickup for our junior system.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like what I've seen from Elijah Mataale so far, I think he's a great sneaky pickup for our junior system.
Based on yesterday the fullback in Flegg has "Sloan defensive vibes" - arrives just a second or two late to engage in the tackle. May be just an off day

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Based on yesterday the fullback in Flegg has "Sloan defensive vibes" - arrives just a second or two late to engage in the tackle. May be just an off day
Did Flegg mostly miss O'Neill or was it all over the park for the loss?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did Flegg mostly miss O'Neill or was it all over the park for the loss?
Very little possession early on, had to do heap of defence n didn't really get into the game. Were really good week before. A few poor individual defensive efforts, lack of, didn't help.