Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i gree with you re the size of most props coming through with exception of Seve and Underhill - both decent size but not so big that their mobility is limited
With the comp and the way the game is headed, with other teams seeming to come up with bigger and bigger, yet agile frontrowers, we will need them also.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Havent seen the NSW Cup game, does anyone know how Knight played - did he continually slow /stop before the line ? - his stats looked pretty good - who from Patolo Tetevano Knight are likely to get promoted?

Jenson

New Pup
Reaction score
Might have missed this news somewhere else, but saw Jirah Momoisea named at prop for Ron Massey this week.

Former Knight and Eel. Played a dozen or so FG games over the years.

He, Tetevano and Suluka-Fifita aren’t catapulting us into the top 4 this year, but interesting little depth moves on the fringes to get a bit more size in the squads.

edit: yep was already covered in the main threads!! https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...ckrower-jirah-momoisea-outside-top-30.128174/

Last edited:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Skelton must have gotten a suspension from last week? Not named in cup? Hopefully only one week. Backrow looks stronger with Hayes starting, but backs loot a bit light this week. Need a big effort from Patolo and tetavano who have had a few matches to build up their fitness and should be right to go now.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
what is the take on s alatini?..backrower
Amazing, generational talent. Will play NRL. Not sure how big he will get not huge atm, might have to be a centre for NRL. If he becomes a centre could debut in maybe end of 25/26. Bit longer if stays a back rower, need to lock him and a few others in the Ball/Matts squad up.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the take on s alatini?..backrower
Amazing, generational talent. Will play NRL. Not sure how big he will get not huge atm, might have to be a centre for NRL. If he becomes a centre could debut in maybe end of 25/26. Bit longer if stays a back rower, need to lock him and a few others in the Ball/Matts squad up.
The kids talented for sure, he definitely stands out and makes an impact playing against other teenagers but he'll need to add some more size and muscle as he moves up the grades, I agree he may very well get his start in the centres one day, similar to how sbw debut, I read an article a month or so ago that said he isn't going home after the sg ball season as he's staying on to train full-time with the flegg side, no doubt Gus will give him and some of the other kids a taste of the next level throughout the year and that can only be a good thing for their development. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be the next Jackson Topine, a great reserves/lower grade player but just can't cut it in the nrl because of his size.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The kids talented for sure, he definitely stands out and makes an impact playing against other teenagers but he'll need to add some more size and muscle as he moves up the grades, I agree he may very well get his start in the centres one day, similar to how sbw debut, I read an article a month or so ago that said he isn't going home after the sg ball season as he's staying on to train full-time with the flegg side, no doubt Gus will give him and some of the other kids a taste of the next level throughout the year and that can only be a good thing for their development. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be the next Jackson Topine, a great reserves/lower grade player but just can't cut it in the nrl because of his size.
when someone says generational i think sbw.....

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im thinking that when Sg ball finishes Woods goes to Jersey Flegg O'Neill goes to Cup and hopefully Sexton to Nrl.
Maybe Ciraldo has given Hutchison until then to prove himself..
Hopefully!!