Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights. Okunbur haha just a pure passenger

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The big loss is not the coach its Topine & Flannos 70 to 80 tackles that are missing from the last 6 games.
Nu Brown was one of the better players - gone too.

Watch the highlights from yesterday - the right edge defense okunbor bbo alamoti - seemed to make it easy for knights

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nu Brown was one of the better players - gone too.

Watch the highlights from yesterday - the right edge defense okunbor bbo alamoti - seemed to make it easy for knights
Terrible right edge generally. Lots of cheap turnover in the game. We had 12% possession in the first 20 minutes.
Would like to see Joash as fullback instead of Kaled.

Malla

Reaction score
I ready about a month ago that David tangata Toa was finsihing up at the dogs this year
His contract was only 3 years. Signed on with Baz. Unfortunately Gus did not offer him an extension.

He came on as a transition coach, when Gus started he made his role redundant and moved him to coach NSW Cup. Was unlucky not to get the interim coaching job last year. Instead, brain dead Potter was given the go and as a result (by pure luck) he got an assistant gig this year. David has secured a job at another club (PM me if you are really interested to know).

DTT is a huge loss. Players really loved being coached by him. He helped a lot with the development of players like Preston, Edwards, Topine, Skelton etc.

For me, this is a horrible decision by Gus. Potter should not be anywhere near this team. DTT deserved it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You ready for the kicker???? He was captain

He's a disgrace
Really fuck that's bad... Where the fuck was Topine, he's the heart and soul of that team, everytime he doesn't play it's a guaranteed loss.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably miss the semis and rightly so, has been a shitshow for more than a month more like 2.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His contract was only 3 years. Signed on with Baz. Unfortunately Gus did not offer him an extension.

He came on as a transition coach, when Gus started he made his role redundant and moved him to coach NSW Cup. Was unlucky not to get the interim coaching job last year. Instead, brain dead Potter was given the go and as a result (by pure luck) he got an assistant gig this year. David has secured a job at another club (PM me if you are really interested to know).

DTT is a huge loss. Players really loved being coached by him. He helped a lot with the development of players like Preston, Edwards, Topine, Skelton etc.

For me, this is a horrible decision by Gus. Potter should not be anywhere near this team. DTT deserved it.
DTT has been transitioning into an awesome coach. I’m really surprised that they have allowed him to leave and not give him an offer. He has done so well the last few years with the NSW Cup boys. Whichever club he has gone to, he’ll excel in. The boys absolutely loved him.

Malla

Reaction score
DTT has been transitioning into an awesome coach. I’m really surprised that they have allowed him to leave and not give him an offer. He has done so well the last few years with the NSW Cup boys. Whichever club he has gone to, he’ll excel in. The boys absolutely loved him.
I know, it’s a real step backwards imo. I don’t like this decision at all. It’s either Gus getting rid of everyone from the Baz era or cost cutting.
I really thought he would be given the interim job last year and he would get an assistant coach gig this year. Good luck to him, a real loss for us.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe the NSW cup game v Canberra will be on nswrltv this week - hopefully help to inform the debate here of where Skelton, Hughes etc are at in their development

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Fijian kid Gus pulled himself over who’s been out for over a year is back in Flegg this week.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s doing with Topine? Not named in NSW cup either? He might be on his way out

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What’s doing with Topine? Not named in NSW cup either? He might be on his way out
Has not been named in any grade for three weeks, prior to that was 18th man in fg. I was blocked by gus on Twitter, hope someone will ask him.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has not been named in any grade for three weeks, prior to that was 18th man in fg. I was blocked by gus on Twitter, hope someone will ask him.
Weird as, I reckon he’s been shipped out of the club on the low.