Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

ChesoBulldog

Banned
Reaction score
on report i believe for hip drop
Sam? Or the bloke that tackled him?
All I remember was seeing him with the trainer in the second half pretty upset and grabbing his leg. It was the play where he jumped on the loose ball after a charge down I think?
He played well in the first. Put on a try for O’Neill with a great hole run.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sam? Or the bloke that tackled him?
All I remember was seeing him with the trainer in the second half pretty upset and grabbing his leg. It was the play where he jumped on the loose ball after a charge down I think?
He played well in the first. Put on a try for O’Neill with a great hole run.
During the first half Dogs were up 10 nilPenrith player stayed down after treatment either Hughes or other player in tackle was penalised n put on report - two players were spoken to.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spent a pleasant day at Belmore watching a couple of good sides run around. Both our cup and Flegg side did a great job and it was great to see boys show pride in the jersey. We now sit first ( Cup)and second (Flegg)in those grades.

In both those grades we have used around 38 different players for various reasons, yet the performances on the weekend were smooth and controlled. Chain passing, great scrambling in defence and an enthusiasm sadly lacking in first grade.

Happy days for those two games then had to watch the disappointing shambles that was first grade, with probably only three or four players giving an effort...Morrin ,small of stature but big of heart, Pele, well just a big boy all round, Flanagan and Preston were the only ones who caught my eye.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
No RFM or Hughes named in cup this week...Was hoping RFM would be back.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprised to see Pele, Patolo, Skelton, Rajab, Oloapu, Morrin and even Flanagan not named this week, boys need as much game time as possible.
As usual the club will wait to an hour before the game to name the side - flegg side they left blank.

Players you listed and others need game time - i like the idea of getting alamoti n oloapu a run in flegg - let them play some footy rather than being constrained by the process driven fg plan.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disappointed to see that Wilson and not Perham named at FB this week. Hopefully Wilson has a blinder so he can start there against the knights in first grade.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flegg side added on nswrl site

Dogs4eva13

Reaction score
Did Sam Hughes end up getting suspended for a hip drop last week?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did Sam Hughes end up getting suspended for a hip drop last week?
not sure, apparently he got injured as well - i was at the game - my assumption was that Hughes was put on report - player stayed dpwn - ref waited then spoke with hughes n topine(c) and did the on report sign

Dogs4eva13

Reaction score
Worth remembering Skelton and Pele did get a 2 match ban a few weeks ago from playing cup. So while it is good to give guys a run, need to balance risks of getting injured suspended. I think Pele has nailed a bench spot now, especially with concerns over our packs size. Skelton has to be very close. Although my gut is telling me perham will be dropped for Averillo with Burns in that centre spot. Will see next week.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reggiies coach David Tangata Toa (apologies for spelling) seems to have done a good job the last 18 months - rarely mentioned anywhere.