Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gabriel went well yesterday.

Reactions: ATT

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was at the game. Flanagan's two misses were from the sideline and the conditions weren't great, so I didn't really blame him for missing.

The game was like our first grade at times, the Raiders' big players ran hard and made big metres while the Dogs showed a lot of spirit and determination.

The Bulldogs defence was, until the last minute, very good. Considering the players we had out and the strength of the Raiders team, I thought we played well.
Agree mate. was there too. The penalty shot that they got within distance but not taken cost dearly in the end. was saying to others there that because they knocked back the kick they had better score 4 or 6. Oh well....

Some nice efforts by the boys and thought that Mazzone played well. He got a knock early on and looked a bit inconvenienced but pushed on. Billy T and Tanner had good efforts as well and thought that Flanagan went okay. Would be interested to know the average age of the team.

Raiders has an absolute mountain of ball in the second half and we scrambled well but fell short right at the last. Not forgetting we had a try disallowed late in the game which would have probably put us pout of reach.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What the heck are they doing with the Jersey Flegg team? It's all over the place??

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s the go with Nu brown on the bench? Does he have a legit position? Hooker, halves, lock? Or is he just Mr versatile?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the heck are they doing with the Jersey Flegg team? It's all over the place??
iv asked on twitter but no answer - last game it seemed like the older players went to ron massey n the younger ones mixed between sydney shield n flegg - would love to know the reasoning and whether rm cup or flegg is regarded as the higher quality

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
iv asked on twitter but no answer - last game it seemed like the older players went to ron massey n the younger ones mixed between sydney shield n flegg - would love to know the reasoning and whether rm cup or flegg is regarded as the higher quality
I can understand they want a few games to assess them against more experienced players but for how long will this go on? They have a genuine chance of winning the Jersey Flegg comp this year and if I was a young player I would not want that chance jeopardised either.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can understand they want a few games to assess them against more experienced players but for how long will this go on? They have a genuine chance of winning the Jersey Flegg comp this year and if I was a young player I would not want that chance jeopardised either.
i would have thought that through training n opposed session against nsw cup or fg players it would be clear who steps up. I didnt go to the last flegg game as imho it was second string team - glad they won etc but doesnt seem the same as playing best available. Happy to be wrong

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch game on Sat at noon on NSWRLTV, or better still pop into Belmore Sports ground.
Cheers, didn't know it was on tv. I'd love to go to Belmore, i won't be trekking down from the Gold Coast though

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago in here

It is correct. Jersey Flegg coach also moving to Ron Massey from this week... They want to have the boys playing against men in Ron Massey as part of the development plan, believe it will pay dividends. Trialling the change for the rest of the year.
It is an interesting move but the reasoning has some merit. Time will tell if it is successful i guess