Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure how Skelton fits in but surely if he keeps this good form he deserves a spot in first grade.
I don’t know what they are waiting for regarding Skelton, he should be in the team in place of Avo or coming off the bench as an impact player.

I feel like CC is trying to establish a bond and culture and this likely inhibits his selections, at least at this stage.

not sure how Oluapo went, but how good is it to see success in most lower grades, whatever Gus has planned for it’s clearly working.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t know what they are waiting for regarding Skelton, he should be in the team in place of Avo or coming off the bench as an impact player.

I feel like CC is trying to establish a bond and culture and this likely inhibits his selections, at least at this stage.

not sure how Oluapo went, but how good is it to see success in most lower grades, whatever Gus has planned for it’s clearly working.
It's reserve grade and the standard of football played there is levels below the NRL. Just look at Tanner, was our best prop in reserve grade last season and by the looks of it had a big game yesterday yet most on here don't even want to see him named in the NRL despite all our injuries to props. Ciraldo is even playing Okunbor at prop ahead of him. Decisions are heavily influenced by training and not the 80m of football we see a week.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's reserve grade and the standard of football played there is levels below the NRL. Just look at Tanner, was our best prop in reserve grade last season and by the looks of it had a big game yesterday yet most on here don't even want to see him named in the NRL despite all our injuries to props. Ciraldo is even playing Okunbor at prop ahead of him. Decisions are heavily influenced by training and not the 80m of football we see a week.
The opposed sessions iv watched Skelton has struggled defensively - not tackling just decision making

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The opposed sessions iv watched Skelton has struggled defensively - not tackling just decision making
Has it all physically. Just needs some mental adjustments and fucking hell our backline looks good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd say that plays a big part, another factor would be that the club sees him as a winger and right now he currently has Kiraz and Fox ahead of him. People will say drop Averillo and push Kiraz to centre but maybe Ciraldo doesn't like that? Those two pretty much have the best combination in the squad right now and are responsible for a fair chunk of our points, breaking that combo up when halves currently have 1 try involvement between them in a month of footy probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd say that plays a big part, another factor would be that the club sees him as a winger and right now he currently has Kiraz and Fox ahead of him. People will say drop Averillo and push Kiraz to centre but maybe Ciraldo doesn't like that? Those two pretty much have the best combination in the squad right now and are responsible for a fair chunk of our points, breaking that combo up when halves currently have 1 try involvement between them in a month of footy probably isn't the smartest thing to do.
Perham to half Averillo to fb Kiraz centre Skelton wing Flanagan ESL - oloapu bench - who are the 12 best backs at the club - pick 7 to play fg one on the bench - Flann0 wouldnt be in that 12

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Averillo has a big game today Marking Holmes. If he does well spot will be his. If he struggles today Skelton really is busting the door down.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Perham to half Averillo to fb Kiraz centre Skelton wing Flanagan ESL - oloapu bench - who are the 12 best backs at the club - pick 7 to play fg one on the bench - Flann0 wouldnt be in that 12
That's Tiger level desperation, too much shuffling that only leads to disruption within the team imo. What we need is for Burton to pull his finger out and start playing to his salary, the quicker he does that the quicker Karl can be promoted.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's Tiger level desperation, too much shuffling that only leads to disruption within the team imo. What we need is for Burton to pull his finger out and start playing to his salary, the quicker he does that the quicker Karl can be promoted.
Anything to get Flanno from playing half fg - Oloapu must be close - maybe waiting till the forward pack is stronger - when Burton runs straight with intent he looks so much better

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jersey Flegg Sharks kick a Field Goal on Fulltime and win 15-14. Dogs were down 10 at half

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
The thing I am loving about or junior and cup sides this year. Is not are they doing well, with maybe the exception of our Ball side that has probably under achieved, is that you can see that they are full with guys that have NRL potential. The half back from Matt's looks awesome. Seve and the Qld prob in SG ball. Skelton and Blake Wilson in cup. All these guys when the time comes you know they will kill it.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing I am loving about or junior and cup sides this year. Is not are they doing well, with maybe the exception of our Ball side that has probably under achieved, is that you can see that they are full with guys that have NRL potential. The half back from Matt's looks awesome. Seve and the Qld prob in SG ball. Skelton and Blake Wilson in cup. All these guys when the time comes you know they will kill it.
That's all you really want out of your juniors .... winning is a bonus.

It is rare to get more than a player or two from any junior team to become NRL regulars.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comparing a winger to an undersized front rower?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He has only played 15 games of league tops ... no need to rush, although that try was Eric Growth like.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are comparing an undersized front rower to a winger. Is that a fair comparison?
Yes. Tanner has been one of our best performers in reserves grade @ prop yet a winger has been favoured over him. That's my point.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
NSWRL or Fox should make a better effort to televise these games. Don’t even need commentary, just record the game live. Annoying this upcoming game also isn’t televised