NSW are a bunch of cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot has been said about NSW players passion, or lack of it, and the way they have bonded, and realised what origin "really means"

This is a crock of BS as far as I'm concerned. NSW still don't get it. Kurt Gidley gets whacked in the face, not a NSW jersey in sight to back up their mate, Jarryd Hayne gets kneed deliberately in the ribs, not a nsw jersey in sight. This has been the case over the last 6 series.

Don't want to go on too much about it, but it's clear that QLD are still the only team that understands the concept of backing up your mates, and not taking a backward step. It helps that the buggers can play a bit of footy too.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hayne and Gidley arent worth pizzing on let alone backing up

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Good thread. Apart from the gulf in talent this is the main difference between NSW & QLD.

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hayne and Gidley arent worth pizzing on let alone backing up
LOL Hilarious!!!

Good thread though. Plenty of media have suggested that QLD look like they have been doing this since they were 6 years old rather than doing it for the past 6 years. Does help when you have a wealth of talent also.

Perhaps Mitchell Pearce is the best halfback in the world now that JT is injured.... Oh Ricky you so funny.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps Mitchell Pearce is the best halfback in the world now that JT is injured.... Oh Ricky you so funny.
I'm not completely convinced Pearce is even the best halfback at his club! The few games at the tail end of last year when he was missing, Carney looked superb at 7. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the Roosters would do too badly with Anasta at 6 (instead of being buried in the second row...) and Carney at 7.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's easy to stick up for your mates and have passion when you have a ridiculously talent laden squad and you're winning.

I'm sick of this Queensland passion rubbish. If NSW players join in on a fight, it's dirty play by NSW, but if Sam Thaiday or someone does the same for QLD, we get this 'sticking up for your mates' carry on. NSW player dives on ball, no comment, QLDer dives on ball, Origin play.

QLD are the better team, they are the dominant team, their squad and player depth is far superior and they have had pretty much the same team for most of the time they've been on top these past 6 years. But I wish people would stop acting like it's some intrinsic Queensland thing.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ay, brudda, i'm gonna get dat harfbak when hiz held up, brudda. Ferd man in, brudda. Wingaz, brudda. I shape me eyebrowz, brudda. Look lika fckin brudda tranny, brudda.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy to stick up for your mates and have passion when you have a ridiculously talent laden squad and you're winning.

I'm sick of this Queensland passion rubbish. If NSW players join in on a fight, it's dirty play by NSW, but if Sam Thaiday or someone does the same for QLD, we get this 'sticking up for your mates' carry on. NSW player dives on ball, no comment, QLDer dives on ball, Origin play.

QLD are the better team, they are the dominant team, their squad and player depth is far superior and they have had pretty much the same team for most of the time they've been on top these past 6 years. But I wish people would stop acting like it's some intrinsic Queensland thing.
Spot on. Tallis and company love to spout this whole "it's all about passion" nonsense. No. It's all about having the best 1,6,7,9 in the world. Talent means a hell of a lot more than passion. The reason I'm not playing rep football isn't that I wouldn't want to, or wouldn't care enough. It's because I clearly lack talent.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm very happy to see two people who don't buy into "OMG ORIGIN!" hype....

God bless you both. Sick of Origin Propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.