NRL week 1 - non bulldogs games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who did everyone think the best side was this week.
I'm with the Roosters, yes they switched of for a bit in the second half, but I firmly believe they have the most balanced 17 and they still have plenty of room for improvement. Latrell at left centre is a big threat.
How shit is Mitchell? To think we could have signed him before anyone!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he drop
Hes never gonna improve his hands man. He's an impact player because he can't hold the ball
Maybe he drops the ball but at least he rips in and has a go and he does break the line and has a good offload, not like our soft forwards.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
- Ok so I'm not surprised by the Roosters/Titans game as the chooks showed signs off life towards the end of last year.
- Cowboys win by fluke and everyone starts kissing JT's ass. I'm expecting the Cowboys to go close again in 2017 but finish like 2016 - just short. Raiders are more of a threat IMO
- Knights surprisingly played well against the Warriors. They will improve on 2016 but not good enough to make the 8 IMO
- Eels did well against Manly. Pretty much like I predicted - a team who should make the finals
- Rabbits didn't do well at all against the Tigers. Like us, a long year ahead. The Tigers will make the top 8 if they remain injury-free
- Broncos will have a repeat of 2016 IMO - and the Sharks won't win it this year
- Panthers/Dragons was a very surprising result. I can only think the Panthers are a little rusty

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we dont earn the right to quick play the balls according to the refs interpretation.
Agree. As I have mentioned previously the refs ALWAYS call us out of a tackle quicker than any other side in the competition. We don't get the option of a quick play the ball.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was the first contact a shoulder charge from taupau cause no separation from the body
Well he has been charged as such. The new interpretation in any case states that separation alone is not sufficient; hands must be used to make it a legal hit.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ontroversial-2016-season-20170203-gu54p3.html

Under the new rules, a player will be charged if the contact is forceful, and the player did not use, or attempt to use, his arms (including his hands) to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Funny we lose by 6 to comp faves and best d in league and we are labeled shit. Yet Panthers flogged and they 'had an off day' give me a break

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny we lose by 6 to comp faves and best d in league and we are labeled shit. Yet Panthers flogged and they 'had an off day' give me a break
Our style is very effective against the storm, I guess we'll see where we are at against the Roosters. It could possibly be a massive blowup.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters have the old broncos and raiders book keepers with the roster they're allowed to field.
You have to be joking ! They ran 15th last year. Since 2014 they've released a shit load of talent. Around 14 first graders inc some huge names. They have young talent coming through, ie Mitchell,Watson, Matterson etc.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The PARRA on the eels jersey looks bodgy.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have to be joking ! They ran 15th last year. Since 2014 they've released a shit load of talent. Around 14 first graders inc some huge names. They have young talent coming through, ie Mitchell,Watson, Matterson etc.
And the Eels won wooden spoons while being over the cap, the reason they did so poorly last year was mainly due to pearce's dog humping suspension and the fact that they lost about 10 games by 4 points or less.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can really see Dragons build on there round 1 performance and be an outside chance of making the finals and not just being one of those teams that have 1 or 2 good games only, because I was impressed with there game plan and the shape there team looked in, every player looked like they knew what they were doing and did there job.

Status
Not open for further replies.