NRL Vegas promo

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I honestly don't get the hate for it all. If anything I'd have gone all out with a Netflix doco - throw in a bit of drama, show some of the characters and big on-field moments and watch the world soak it up.

F1 has done so good with that and all of a sudden the Yanks are eating it up like it's only been around for the last 5 years.
100%

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I miss things like contested scrums. Many people don't even know what you are talking about if you discussed the loose head and feed. Back when these were things a scrum could be fucking exciting. Winning a scrum against the feed could net you a quick try or at least posession when you were in trouble. Now they're virtually a chance to get a bit of a break, I can't recall the last time I saw a scrum go against the feed.
I agree with this one Uleh.
I roll in Union circles and the sniggers and mocks they put on league scrums is embarrassing. They question why even have them
What outraged me is there was a game on tv, maybe two, three seasons ago, and I can’t remember who was playing but it was a crunch game. Might even have been doggs involved.
But the team won a legit scrum against the feed and the ref blew the whistle and the commentary team blew up a bit and surmised the ref did it because he assumed somethifn went wrong since it never happens.
That really infuriated me at the time because it was brilliant work, ruined only due to ref being confused.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This stunt is to raise gambling revenue, not to expand the game's footprint, PVL is anticipating changes by the government to online gambling
nothing wrong with that.expanding the game would be a bonus but getting Americans to gamble on our game would be huge.
Gambler is going to gamble whether it’s nba, nfl, baseball or rugby league.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it be a flop? Can't believe Sharon is out there marketing the game. Should've picked some real athletic looking players to go over and not some guy who looks like a Vegas tourist.
I reckon they should have sent Mase and Shrek with that DOW game againgst Saints playing on the big the screen then again not a true indication of todays game.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if the game can make money from gambling it can only help it.. funds helps grassroots levels and expansion.
But that’s when gambling will affect the game a will be more possible to rigging the game. When you start having massive money bet on the game it will only result in corruption. It’s happened it boxing , soccer, NBA and a lot of other sports.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But that’s when gambling will affect the game a will be more possible to rigging the game. When you start having massive money bet on the game it will only result in corruption. It’s happened it boxing , soccer, NBA and a lot of other sports.
You just mentioned some of the most successful sports in the world.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely your not proposing league stay in Nsw and Queensland with no growth, no money and now betting.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely your not proposing league stay in Nsw and Queensland with no growth, no money and now betting.
Everything u have quoted in this thread, I agree 100%. Couldn’t have articulated any better. Fingers crossed the game comes away from this venture, more financially secure than ever.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
The whole experiment will be a flop. Small crowds, little interest and the day after it's finished nobody outside of Australia would even remember it was on.
Yanks aren't interested in any sports outside of their own, that's why they label every one of their premiers World Champions ffs. And the NRL doesn't even have the 2 ingredients anymore that might've gotten the Yanks interested for more than a minute: fights and shoulder charges.
Backwater football NRL-style will always remain that. It's just a junket for head slob PVL and his scummy mates.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not like there gonna know the difference. He talks very well and understands how to market. Plus the others can continue pre season training. He’s perfect for the role
No doubt hes got the gift of the gab. Year after year he is able to convince teams he is a FG forward.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The gambling cow isn’t as milky as u think because online gambling banned in America

Panther Karen

Waterboy
Reaction score
This stunt is to raise gambling revenue, not to expand the game's footprint, PVL is anticipating changes by the government to online gambling
Yeah, Vlandys has already said it’s about gambling.

I suppose gambling is more revenue for some of the NRL people and associates.

I was thinking about the disruption to the sides competing.

The cost of putting on just one game of NRL for a club, runs into millions of dollars factoring in salaries and support etc.

Playing so far away and disrupting schedules etc is far from ideal.

It’s a bit of a circus for a less than ideal purpose.

Bears dancing on barrels!

They should go full Monty and have 4 quarters, a kiss comeback and Budweiser ads.

Aaron Woods brings in the couch slob viewers. They get a sense of familiarity.

Last edited: