Nrl Tries Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the moment the current record try scorer is Ken Irvine with 212 tries. One would think that Billy Slater would've broken the record if he played the last 2 seasons and could also make it through next season as he currently sits at 178 tries. After Slater, Inglis is next best with 139 tries and he has no chance.

Out of the current younger players, the following players have the best chance:

- Valentine Holmes (41 tries, 21 years)
- Suliasi Vunivalu (37 tries, 21 years)
- Bevan French (26 tries, 21 years)

Out of the lot Vunivalu has the best chance considering his probably going to be the only one to spend his whole career on the wing, however it will all depend on how the Storm go when the big 3 retire/leave, because until then Vunivalu will be crossing for atleast 20 tries each season. At the moment he has 37 tries in 38 games.

Holmes has struggled to get on the score board since moving to fullback so I would rule him out unless he turns out a Barba type player who can bag 15-25 tries a season.

Bevan French has 26 tries in 26 games and is only going to get better. He was still able to find the try line earlier in the season when he played fullback and with the Eels improving now he could get to a 100 tries by the age of 25.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Holland can do it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is greg inglis really second with only 139?? I would have thought someone else was higher then that!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aha manu vatuvai has 152. Knew there was someone current with more. But i think his season is over and he is off to the super league anyways.
SSurely one of the youngsters coming through will break it. Maybe even tommy turbo.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aha manu vatuvai has 152. Knew there was someone current with more. But i think his season is over and he is off to the super league anyways.
SSurely one of the youngsters coming through will break it. Maybe even tommy turbo.
Yeah Manu is gone so I didn't want to include him. And yeah I really think that one of the youngsters coming through now will break it.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Slater was not injured for 2 years, he would go DAMN close. Currently on 178

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Montoya was at a club like Melbourne or Cronulla he would be up there no doubt. He is a brilliant player and is going to get his career..... DEStroyed.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Brett morris only has 4 tries less than inglis but inglis has played 32 more games (obviously no chance either of breaking the record). This is brett's worst conversion rate this season for games played vs tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.