NRL to decide on Canterbury Bulldogs coach Des Hasler's penalty after post-game 'sugg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasler came up with a great plan.
I sort of agree with coaches being fined for speaking out against refs for this reason. Say we have a great game calls go our way but they were fair calls, all of the other teams press conference will be blaming the refs for every single action in the game. Now haslers Idea is better where the media can ask the refs the questions and they can answer with no bemoaning from coaches. With that said there are biased bitches in the media against the Bulldogs they will ask questions to try and say that the refs won the Bulldogs the game or whoever we versed were hard done by

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
greenberg is the guy who says perception is reality and he takes an active role in changing the perceptions, for example if he releases 100 media stories about how he personally turned the bulldogs around, then eventually people will believe it and he will get a higher job

now he is trying to artificially control the perception again, by silencing referee criticism he thinks people will believe that the nrl has then fixed all the officiating problems and he can then become the hero for saving the nrl

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
greenberg is the guy who says perception is reality and he takes an active role in changing the perceptions, for example if he releases 100 media stories about how he personally turned the bulldogs around, then eventually people will believe it and he will get a higher job

now he is trying to artificially control the perception again, by silencing referee criticism he thinks people will believe that the nrl has then fixed all the officiating problems and he can then become the hero for saving the nrl
Come on man........ Greenberg did a awesome job with the Bulldogs, he was the best team CEO in the league, and helped out this club in a huge way.

His time so far in the NRL office I am less sold on, but, we could maybe beat him up less here, and beat up David Smith more.... he is the CEO after all. While I'm sure Smith's experience in the UK banking sector is great, Greenberg has a track record of knowing what he is doing, the CEO doesn't, so, it feels a little harsh to turn on Todd.

Everyone seems to blame him, and I can only assume that is because nobody knows who the hell the other guy who is actually in charge is (just like I can only assume the CEO knew nothing about the NRL before he was given the job to be in charge of it).

Goebbels killed himself the day after Hitler did...... not sure too many wise people follow his lead........ nobody really believed his BS other than those who killed themselves or went in to hiding around that time........ but it is easy to be smug and say things like that when you just kill people who don't say, yes sir, you are right, assuming we all believe the holocaust happened, Goebbels was wrong :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think that the issue is not discussing it in the media to protect the integrity of the NRL brand. But coaches can talk about it all in writing and via phone calls directly with the NRL and the referee boss.

I also don't think it is healthy for coaches to be gagged by expressing their frustration and their views in the media. It is a part of the passion and the game. So for me, the NRL needs to be run more like a business and less like a dictatorship.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Come on man........ Greenberg did a awesome job with the Bulldogs, he was the best team CEO in the league, and helped out this club in a huge way
i think he only helped out the club in a medium/good way and has been a big failure at the nrl

ok this gag order has a little merit, the refs get too much shit sometimes, but dont make it like north korea

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Is Des allowed to not turn up to press conferences? I wouldn't if I were him. Pretty sure he isn't interested in going there and talking to the media muppets

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
[FKN-SIK];2927820 said:
Is Des allowed to not turn up to press conferences? I wouldn't if I were him. Pretty sure he isn't interested in going there and talking to the media muppets
Almost certain he has to, but, if the NRL come down on him for his comments after round 1, don't think they can stop him from being a smart ass and not really answering any questions during them.......... he could find a way to answer every single question using the words pragmatic and reasonable for example........ oh wait, he was doing that in the lead up to the first game, and hasn't stopped yet....... so, maybe less other words around those 3 :p

Reported: " Des, it has to feel good to get your first win for the season, how did you think the team went tonight? "
Des: " Yes, I thought they played very pragmatic and reasonable "

Reporter: " What did you think of that no try call early in the game "
Des: " I thought it was almost pragmatic and reasonable "

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i think he only helped out the club in a medium/good way and has been a big failure at the nrl

ok this gag order has a little merit, the refs get too much shit sometimes, but dont make it like north korea
I think personally he was huge for the club, much like Ennis, he came at a time we really did suck, and given where we are now, I can't help but like both those guys for the bit they did to correct the ship.

As for his job at the NRL, can you ever think of a time the actual CEO has taken less heat? ...... Everyone knew Gallop was a dick, but at least they knew who he was. I bet if you took a poll right now, very few people could actually name who the CEO was, and here at least, I'd bet the top answer would be Greenberg. I like you wouldn't say he has done a awesome job there yet either, but, I'd give the benefit of the doubt given he did a great job here in my view, and isn't the boss there so can't act on much with his own authority, plays a big role for sure, but, he isn't the CEO after all.

(that said, given he is known as the Bulldogs Ex CEO, I can't imagine that helps us any, good chance he would vote to come down harder on us to avoid being seen as bias)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des may just have to quote Marshawn Lynch from his lead up super bowl interviews "I'm just here so I don't get fined"
Haha yeah i'd like to see him do that!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or more like "i'm just here to get find"

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
10 000 dollar suspended fine for Hasler..I give it 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.