Official NRL reverts back to 1 ref for the rest of the season

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now they know what its like to be put in the bin

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah, now he will only have to tell 1 ref how to do his job instead of 2, half the work, twice the effect.

Go Dogs
Easy to script a fairytale send off for Smith. Storm win the comp and he retires. He will control the 1 ref with ease.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05...th-single-referee-system-coronavirus/12278712

The fact the reversion back to one ref is now being considered a "trial" and will be reviewed at years end puts a hell of a lot of emphasis on that review.

If the game bogs down and it's decided at years end to revert back to two refs, than this season has a massive * next it as it'll be referred to as the trial premiership. Even if we win it I'll only consider it a 2.5 peat.

But seriously, the decision of that review now holds massive emphasis on how this season is remembered. Alternatively, if the one ref is retained ongoing than no * as far as I'm concerned.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05...th-single-referee-system-coronavirus/12278712

The fact the reversion back to one ref is now being considered a "trial" and will be reviewed at years end puts a hell of a lot of emphasis on that review.

If the game bogs down and it's decided at years end to revert back to two refs, than this season has a massive * next it as it'll be referred to as the trial premiership. Even if we win it I'll only consider it a 2.5 peat.

But seriously, the decision of that review now holds massive emphasis on how this season is remembered. Alternatively, if the one ref is retained ongoing than no * as far as I'm concerned.
In 20 years time, this seasons victory will remain a victory on the score board. No-one will care how it was won. No-one will care this this year was a right off.
Im all for 1 ref.
In saying that with all this mess with the refs, I think this has actually turned out for the best. If 1 ref fails, they can revert with complete consultation next year.
Win win I think.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 20 years time, this seasons victory will remain a victory on the score board. No-one will care how it was won. No-one will care this this year was a right off.
Im all for 1 ref.
In saying that with all this mess with the refs, I think this has actually turned out for the best. If 1 ref fails, they can revert with complete consultation next year.
Win win I think.
Many still refer to 1997 as the "split year" premiership. I think a lot of how it will be remembered will rely on the decision by the review.

Like you said though, the 1 ref decision could turn out to be a massive win for the game.