NRL Predicted Team - Bulldogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Canterbury Bulldogs: 2021 round 1 predicted team
Author Chris Kennedy & Jamie (The Milkman) Soward

In a series analysing who will line up in each position for all 16 teams in the opening round of the Telstra Premiership in 2021, NRL.com looks at the Canterbury Bulldogs.

NRL.com says: Nick Cotric is likely to start the season at centre and while Jake Averillo is a chance of pressing for a full-time move to five-eighth at some stage, Lachlan Lewis or Brandon Wakeham is likely to start the season partnering Kyle Flanagan. The other will compete with Sione Katoa for the bench utility spot.

Jayden Okunbor will miss a large chunk of the season after a knee reconstruction and Luke Thompson is suspended for the opening four rounds for an eye gouge against the Panthers in the last game of 2020.

1609536109907.png

Jamie (The Milkman) Soward says: Kyle Flanagan will be the mainstay in their halves but that's been a revolving door with no playmaker given the chance to grow into his role in recent years.

People expected Wakeham, Lewis and Cogger to come in and be successful straight away but most halfbacks need time.

I think Wakeham might get the start over Lewis, who can play a bit of nine or off the bench, but Wakeham and Flanagan look like the obvious pairing for me.

Their back three is good – Hopoate is all class and DWZ if he gets those one or two errors out of his game can be one of the top three or four wingers in the world.

Defensively, will Cotric and Averillo at centre be able to make the reads time after time with shape? They have a bit more firepower but I don't see them moving up the ladder much.

Until they settle the halves and let them play and get some cohesiveness with the nine they're not going to be competitive.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jamie Soward has long been negative regarding the bulldogs albeit, with some good reason the last few years.

I don’t expect to make the 8 this year either, though I think they will surprise many who locked them in for a spoon.

If we can jag Burton and JAC early, we are a chance at finals.

2022 will be our statement year that “we’re back”.

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We weren’t that far off last year. If some of those close games went the other way things may have been a little different. I expect a lot of improvement with the new coaching staff. I think the dogs are specials for the eight. I will be visiting the tab with a fist full. Cant wait for it to start

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We weren’t that far off last year. If some of those close games went the other way things may have been a little different. I expect a lot of improvement with the new coaching staff. I think the dogs are specials for the eight. I will be visiting the tab with a fist full. Cant wait for it to start
so many teams could go back and look at games that got away that they would have won, I’m sure all teams would say okay if we win them we would be higher up the ladder. A loss is a loss in my eyes

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the milkman took up a coaching role somewhere, was hoping I didn't have to read or hear any more of his shit.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
You’d think that review from the Farah and Co. was done in November last year.
Still talking about the board and in house fighting?? What a ridiculous summation of our team and club once again.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie Soward has long been negative regarding the bulldogs albeit, with some good reason the last few years.

I don’t expect to make the 8 this year either, though I think they will surprise many who locked them in for a spoon.

If we can jag Burton and JAC early, we are a chance at finals.

2022 will be our statement year that “we’re back”.
Tbh I’ve actually felt he looks favourably upon us in his weekly power rankings were always higher than our spot on the ladder I hated him as a player but doesn’t seem to hate us like most

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score