News NRL POWER RANKINGS-Bulldogs climb after crazy revival: NRL Power Rankings

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters are in danger of missing the finals after three straight losses that have seen them drop out of the top eight.

Meanwhile, the Bulldogs are charging with back-to-back wins

10. BULLDOGS

Last round’s ranking: 12th (up two spots)

The Bulldogs backed up their stunning win over the Eels with another convincing 36-12 victory over the Tigers to secure back-to-back wins for the first time this season. The Bulldogs scored over 30 points in back-to-back wins for the first time since 2016. For a side that couldn’t score at training for most of the year it has been a stunning form reversal, especially in attack. Jake Averillo has been a revelation at fullback scoring another double, while Matt Burton was rewarded with a maiden Blues jersey following another solid display alongside halfback Kyle Flanagan. Aaron Schoupp and Jacob Kiraz are forming a lethal centre partnership and if the Bulldogs can keep improving a shock finals berth is not out of the question. At the very least they can get further away from a second straight wooden spoon.

For all the bulldog dreamers like me rounds 16 and 18 are crucial for us,
We play Cronulla and south’s if we beat those two then we will have solid momentum into the easier rounds.

Fat lady hasn’t sung yet let’s fill her lungs full of hope .

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the game last week crazy atmosphere ,kennellers let’s fill up the ground Vs sharks and create another good atmosphere and charge our boys up that ladder .
All aboard

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the game last week crazy atmosphere ,kennellers let’s fill up the ground Vs sharks and create another good atmosphere and charge our boys up that ladder .
All aboard
Yep the sharks game will be very interesting to see if we really have turned a corner or whether it was just a flash in the pan. They are a genuine top 8 team and unlike Parra they wont take us lightly.

Its at Commbank on a dry track so if we play like we have the last 2 weeks we have every chance of winning. I watched the sharks v warriors last week and it was a putrid game. They definitely are not playing like they were at the start of the year but the bye might freshen them up

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven’t heard a crowd like that in years no bias was absolutely loud
I still don't understand where the BURRRTTTTOOOONNNN BURRRTTTTOOOONNNN BURRRTTTTOOOONNNN BURRRTTTTOOOONNNN chant originated from on his goals lol

Isn't that off-putting for our King?

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
it was only 14000 fyi

best fans in the league!! absolute shithouse for 5+ years on track for b2b wooden spoons

and we still turn up in numbers!
My bad, only makes it even better.

Was my first time at Commbank and wow that place is AMAZING.

Playing there again against the Sharks and I'll definitely be going. Lets pack it out guys!!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing I've noticed with the Dogs at the moment is it isn't a case of "poor opposition leading to opportunistic wins", but rather us comprehensively outplaying the opponent.

This is incredibly significant, and the sudden change in the team suggests to me something major has happened behind closed doors. I suspect our new coach is already at the club and issuing directions to Mick Potter.

Perhaps Mick Potter is in the role for Asst Coach, and I've also heard Steve Turner has been attack coach in past few weeks.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
it was only 14000 fyi

best fans in the league!! absolute shithouse for 5+ years on track for b2b wooden spoons

and we still turn up in numbers!
we're a sleeping giant, look what only a couple of wins does. When we're back competing for the 8, and even better top 4, it's going to be hectic. I also went to the Rooster game early in the season and the crowd was surprisingly decent there too, against the Tigers was another level.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
we're a sleeping giant, look what only a couple of wins does. When we're back competing for the 8, and even better top 4, it's going to be hectic. I also went to the Rooster game early in the season and the crowd was surprisingly decent there too, against the Tigers was another level.
Hence, thank fuck I stayed solid throughout all those shit years and have got good reserved seating as a member

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The biggest thing in our favour is the amount of home games we have coming up.
I can't get to games now as I live too far away. But hopefully fans can continue to turn up and keep the energy high.

Last edited:

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
same my 1st time at commbank on Sunday too
was also at eels last week at homebush and the roosters game earlier this season

i havent gone too as many as ive liked over the past few years, still go to a few this season and over the past few years and mostly have walked away disappointed so the last 2 weeks has been a refreshing suprise

hey if i can get my 6 yr old daughter into supporting the wooden spooners and legit being excited to watch the games...then i feel ive done my job as a parent
have turned her into a mini me.... not sure if thats a good thing or not!

bring on the sharks, we will be there!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If our forwards step up and dominate the middle, I don't see why we can't win the next couple of games. Also need more support players around TPJ and be ready to bust through when he offloads. Nothing more annoying when an offload happens and no one running through the gap

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep the sharks game will be very interesting to see if we really have turned a corner or whether it was just a flash in the pan. They are a genuine top 8 team and unlike Parra they wont take us lightly.

Its at Commbank on a dry track so if we play like we have the last 2 weeks we have every chance of winning. I watched the sharks v warriors last week and it was a putrid game. They definitely are not playing like they were at the start of the year but the bye might freshen them up
You go alright predicting the weather 2 weeks out. :tearsofjoy:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Even against the Titans the Sharks looked average