News NRL market watch: The Bulldogs are close to securing an exciting Sharks teenager as their future fullback,

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone on here KNOWS Frawley’s main play is the show and go. Did our coach bring this up in preparing for the Raiders game?

All players have idiosyncasies that coaches should easily pick up. Ponga for example when confronted at fullback by an opposing player who has broken the line and has support, it is almost certain he will go for the intercept. The show and go is the go with him.
Mate I reckon Dufty knew that was his big play but he chose to avoid contact. After all of the stories last year about his lack of commitment in defence I thought he would have had more of a dig this year.

By not doing so has ended his NRL career

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I reckon Dufty knew that was his big play but he chose to avoid contact. After all of the stories last year about his lack of commitment in defence I thought he would have had more of a dig this year.

By not doing so has ended his NRL career
Sadly some players are just scared of contact...it's even sadder that we have 3 of those players in Knockonbur, Avo and Dufty. You could even add Flanno to this list although he puts his body on the line in defence but not in attack

I don't know how these players make it to the NRL

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly some players are just scared of contact...it's even sadder that we have 3 of those players in Knockonbur, Avo and Dufty. You could even add Flanno to this list although he puts his body on the line in defence but not in attack

I don't know how these players make it to the NRL
A fair few of the young halves these days don’t dig into the line. It’s over coaching in juniors and the halves passing early for set plays.

There are not many gun halves coming through

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes he is in the rep side playing this weekend, mate coaches the team
Please ask your coach mate, wtf would they pick 2 fullbacks from sharks to play U18s, Sharks Harold Matthews and SG ball fullbacks in the same side.
Looks like most of the boys deserve to be there but there is a few that shouldn't be, bit of who you know and what you know in the City U18s.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kid signed with Canberra.

Obviously chose to live in Gods country over Belmore.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he is following the Bulldogs on Instagram!

Interestingly he doesn't follow the Sharks!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dykes goes alright in the 2 games i seen.. very early call but a better fullback prospect than Averillo imo..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go get Savage... Dykes would have been a good halves option.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont look to much into young kids coming through, just gets harder and harder as you go up the development ladder

Doggies recruited this kid from NZ, plays in local team and some of his teammates dont like him