News NRL market watch: Jacob Kiraz weighs up deal with Bulldogs after being rejected twice by the club

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are good and bad player managers, the bad ones want you to get maximum dollars straight away and the good ones look to securing you a long term path at a club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are good and bad player managers, the bad ones want you to get maximum dollars straight away and the good ones look to securing you a long term path at a club.
Agree wholeheartedly.

A career path after footy and long term legacy in the club's business district, sponsors etc should be factored more heavily into these contracts for players as a consideration.

(Klemmer a good example of a long term career and local legacy after footy gone wrong).

Just shopping for the extra dollars is not always the best way.

I imagine his Mum who wouldn't let him give up on the Dogs, or footy, would be a big help to him in his decision and he and his family decides whats best for him, and we will have to rely on Gus to do whats best for the club. Hopefully he gets that right and a great career is born in the blue and white :grinning:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club should have secured him for longer if they saw potential. He did leave a Top 30 spot at Newcastle for us so he must want to be here.

Having said all that he still has a lot to prove, how many players have been the next superstar but it never works out. I remember at some stage people lost it over Holland.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you justify calling his manager greedy, isn't a manager supposed to look after his client ?
Kiraz is a local junior who's twice been rejected by us, I think a fair contract is the least we can give him.
For years we have followed a bad trend, we seem to care more for other juniors while we neglect our own !!!
I can see your point and I was very impressed by the kid's debut.

I just think his manager is jumping the gun and should wait for another game or two before looking to raise his stocks.
He will no doubt get another chance for us in afew weeks time and there's still half a season and full off season before the lid needs to consider his options.

We all saw how Isaia Tass of Souths was brought straight back to earth last night.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem there was the same player managers had Holland , Chrichton, Renouf Atoni, Lewis and other crap, which i feel sorry for the younger guys that are good because they could be tarred with the same brush because of these plodders.
Also if you think our juniors are all local Think again by SG Ball time nobody has a team from all local juniors.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If mahoney came back after proving himself and becoming a premium hooker at the Eels, then Kiraz surely should consider that it was this club that somehow got him back as an unproven centre.
TBH only a few knew him prior. I definitely wasn't one.
The kennel is a good source like myself to make aware of up and comers and share with the rest of us.
Anyway taking the resentment of the past away, Kiraz has an opportunity to fulfil his dream with his junior club and be a solid regular first grader for us.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I want to know was is why wasn't he given a shot sooner!? Kid has pace, was breaking tackles like nothing and in the middle of all that he was still looking for a pass, I'm absolutely dumb founded, Unless the kid is a liability in defence, I didn't see him tested at all.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I want to know was is why wasn't he given a shot sooner!? Kid has pace, was breaking tackles like nothing and in the middle of all that he was still looking for a pass, I'm absolutely dumb founded, Unless the kid is a liability in defence, I didn't see him tested at all.
People have a misconceived idea that if you miss 3 or 4 tackles in reserves, it equates to 30 or 40 in NRL.

It's all crap. The only real difference is intensity and endurance needed for NRL. But otherwise, you are probably playing with better professionals who should actually assist your game....

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jumping the gun here. He looks solid in today’s NSW cup game. I like his runs and offload ability. When available, he should play over Okunbor and may push Naden for a wing spot.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Jumping the gun here. He looks solid in today’s NSW cup game. I like his runs and offload ability. When available, he should play over Okunbor and may push Naden for a wing spot.
I think once round 11 rolls around he’s a certainty to play first grade.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't have done much more in a poorly performing team. It was a brilliant debut and hopefully we've witnessed a career that will reach the heights of some of our greatest centres.

Big shoes to fill but lets hope he progresses to the likes of Vagana, Morris, Curry, Tonga.

Why not :grinning:
Well said.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You underestimate what he did for his first game of first grade
He went well mate, we all agree on that, but he’s no Katoni Staggs right now. Hopefully he’ll be even better than Katoni in years to follow.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went well mate, we all agree on that, but he’s no Katoni Staggs right now. Hopefully he’ll be even better than Katoni in years to follow.
I agree with what you guys are saying, but he will only get better with experience. He at least had a red hot go, if only the team could’ve copied the effort.

Reactions: TAS

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What impressed me most about kiraz was his line running, he’s fearless haven’t seen that for a long time in a bulldogs OB, it’s a quality that can’t be taught or coached. Really hope he stays would hate to see him tearing us to bits in a Melbourne or roosters jersey.

Reactions: TAS

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exciting centre Jacob Kiraz had given up on his dream to play for the Bulldogs after the club he loved knocked him back twice, but now he has a big decision to make on his future.

Jacob Kiraz had given up of his dream playing for the bulldogs

We better wrap up the current NSW and Australian rep.....

FMD let the kid play and leave him alone you fucking vulture *****.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Starts at centre ahead of averilo for me

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone wondering why all these juniors don’t get a chance?
This is the only reason
Our club thinks it can buy a premiership from buying other teams players it’s as simple as that .
How’s that going for us ?
Back to back spoons likely
Management should of quit with the over paid signings,they have dug us in a bigger hole now.
Come to the doggies if u wanna get over paid

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus is starting to filter the development through. In the future hopefully we only have to purchase outside our system for minimum players. Been watching Reggie’s, flegg , sgball and even Mountys for some time and the growth is starting. If it continues. In three years we will be the old dogs That bought players through. In my opinion the ones possible ready are Kiraz and Clay. Put clay at hooker and he is solid. Then next year some the ones on show today will step up