News NRL market watch: Cronulla Sharks agree player swap deal with Canterbury Bulldogs for Connor Tracey

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get what you mean but there's no issue with kids like Oneil playing Massey tbh.. Probably a good thing kids arent being thrown into deep ends as much and are given good time to hone in on their trades.

In regards to young halves we still have BBO, Hayward and Rajab running around too so good chance some kids will be playing left right out.

Its a positive as its keeping everyone honest too.
This is what dumb kent opposing fans don’t get through their tiny brains. I keep reading the meme “they’re buying all the utilities“ and the like and saw someone post all these players and was asking where they’re all going to play. The list included guys like Perham (unlikely to get a start) and Oloapu (still a kid and will be out a long time or possibly never play again). Plus several others that will play reggies.

It’s as if you actually need a hundred players to fill Flegg, Massey, Reggies and NRL huh? Who knew. Just because these players have played NRL, doesn’t mean that’s all they can play.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is tracey a reject? So is taffe? Criita? Curran? These guys all are better what what we had. We have upgraded without a doubt. Now flange tell me if you disagree.
Crichton is good… he’s just unnecessary expenditure in a position we don’t need. Curran was literally told by his club he would not be re-signed and had no other suitors…. Epitome of a reject. Taafe and Tracey were both allowed to leave because they couldn’t secure first grade spots at their old clubs… not exactly devoid of reject qualities. Tracey is not as good as Averillo, Curran is not as good as Waddell, Thompson and TPJ combined, Taafe is a depth signing. We have signed more utilities than any coach in his right mind would know what to do with. Don’t really see how we are stronger, lafam.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Crichton is good… he’s just unnecessary expenditure in a position we don’t need. Curran was literally told by his club he would not be re-signed and had no other suitors…. Epitome of a reject. Taafe and Tracey were both allowed to leave because they couldn’t secure first grade spots at their old clubs… not exactly devoid of reject qualities. Tracey is not as good as Averillo, Curran is not as good as Waddell, Thompson and TPJ combined, Taafe is a depth signing. We have signed more utilities than any coach in his right mind would know what to do with. Don’t really see how we are stronger, lafam.
Kyle Flanagan is a reject and still stoked he will never ever wear the dogs jersey again

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't like to see Fox leave unless it is part of a swap deal for a decent front rower - which side would benefit from signing Fox the most? Most sides have at least 2 gun wingers already! Are there any exceptions and could they afford / have sufficient depth to release a front rower? Possibly The Eels or South Sydney? Maybe Newcastle or Canberra!
A few options, Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Wiremu Greig, Mat Croker or Ata Mariota
Eels have only 7 backs signed

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton is good… he’s just unnecessary expenditure in a position we don’t need. Curran was literally told by his club he would not be re-signed and had no other suitors…. Epitome of a reject. Taafe and Tracey were both allowed to leave because they couldn’t secure first grade spots at their old clubs… not exactly devoid of reject qualities laities. Tracey is not as good as Averillo, Curran is not as good as Waddell, Thompson and TPJ combined, Taafe is a depth signing. We have signed more utilities than any coach in his right mind would know what to do with. Don’t really see how we are stronger, lafam.
When no one is on the market you invest with the players you have and grow a club naturally. We are always in the cycle of chopping and changing every year. Some players no matter how they go during pre season training and on the field will be executed for the next hopeful signings. Just seems one panic after another.

@Flanagun only Crichton was 1-13 at their former clubs the rest either not signed or clubs told them to leave. Souths have a full squad of 30 they didn’t want Taafe. Ilias and Hawkins will be picked at halfback before Taafe. Mitchell and Wighton will be fullback before Taafe. Warriors didn’t want Curran he was signed before Webster was coach. They’re after a leader style forward it seems so goodbye Curran.

Sharks are an aging side that can’t aim up against good sides they’re now regenerating the roster. Someone who’s 28 next year, an outside back and played just 66 games is disposable to allow the likes of Iro and Dykes to come through. They’re also promoting a lot of the flegg players. Sharks have had an over balance of veterans they’re changing that.

I rather see us promote and build with the odd smart signing rather than be a constant transit lounge.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You must be fun at parties

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everyone working out the guestimate "500k" ...

The player who replaces them in the top 30's wage has to be included.. what's left after the position has been filled is what has been "freed up"..

So say Moylan was on 500k and Tracey was on 300.. and they upgrade a player on near minimum wage 150, and get our guy for 150.. then you've freed up 500k..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Kyle Flanagan is a reject and still stoked he will never ever wear the dogs jersey again
Are you sure? Because you can’t keep his name out of your mouth. You seem to be having some separation issues lol

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ahahahahahahahaha

This troll still bringing up FAIL flanag never was a gun?

Too funny :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Ignore her bro, you will be better off!:tearsofjoy:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Wow all you said there was blah blah until you rated Waddell over Curran. Flange a better hooker than reed etc.
FMD you aren’t a comedian you are a fucking joke.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow all you said there was blah blah until you rated Waddell over Curran. Flange a better hooker than reed etc.
I didn’t rate Waddell over Curran. I said losing three forwards and gaining one doesn’t make us stronger. If you’re going to ridicule people; try to make sure you understand the points they are making.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t rate Waddell over Curran. I said losing three forwards and gaining one doesn’t make us stronger. If you’re going to ridicule people; try to make sure you understand the points they are making.
I'm not a great fan of Curran. I hope I'm proven wrong. Just seems another panic signing from Gould and Khoury getting someone who their club doesn't want.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha

His drugs are bad :tearsofjoy: