News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WTF dude? I clearly said I wasn’t bagging Preston… averaging just over a penalty every two games is far from bad. I was using the example of a player who is well liked here to prove a point about how exceptional Waddell’s discipline was this year, and how people will continue to see negatives in his game no matter how well he plays. Instead of just accepting the point, you turn it into an attack on Preston, which I very clearly said it was not.

Preston is an excellent young player who had a great year for us, but he is not a metre eater. Waddell is and we are in short supply of them, so I think we should have kept him.

You call me a negative person, yet you can’t find a positive thing to say about Waddell despite there being way more positives in his game than negatives this year. Ciraldo didn’t just get blown out in a few games, he had us averaging 34 points conceded per game. That is just not acceptable to me. You expect me to find positives about a coach whose performance was full of negatives, yet can’t find positives about a player whose season was full of positives.

As for Ciraldo coming a year early, that’s just more spin from Gus trying to take heat off him. Any coach worth his salt would want to start the job as soon as possible. It’s no grand act of gallantry, it’s what coaches do (when they aren’t under contracts their existing clubs will not allow them to break).

You can think I’m negative, if you like. But I’m not going to sugarcoat my opinions for the sake of others. It seems to me Ciraldo and Gus are “fixing” shit that isn’t broken for the sake of looking busy, while showing no signs of fixing shit that actually needs fixing.

I don’t buy the cleaning out the deadwood shit either. You don’t get rid of deadwood only to sign players like Faamausili. Potter got way better results out of the squad last year by backing them and giving them self belief. I have no issue with Ciraldo trying to toughen us up, but it was his responsibility to back and work with the players he did have at his disposal this year, and results suggest he didn’t do a very good job of it. If you treat players like deadwood, that’s the way they will perform, more often than not.

As for wanting to agree to disagree, I wanted to address your arguments first, but as per your wish, I won’t argue with you further… even if you reply to this. I think it’s unfortunate you want to echo the mob by dismissing me as negative. We bled points this year, were towelled up in the forwards and look like going into 2024 with a pack that is even weaker. I really don’t think it’s unreasonable to be displeased with that.

I was patient with Pay, even with Barrett. But I can’t excuse a lack of resolve in defence and further weakening an existing weakness.
Well you were by comparing the two in your previous post, Preston is well liked because in a rubbish side he stood up and won our player of the year and deservedly so. I'm not saying Waddell is total rubbish, I think he has his good points but the bad outweighs the good, I think he's far from a plodder but I believe we have better options incoming with our recruits than what was available this year, I can't agree with the assessment that Waddell was full of positives, you're making him sound like a dally m edge forward whereas he's average at best. Regarding ciraldo, I do belive the "coming a year early bullshit" and don't compare him to t Baz or pay, or even potter as the latter was only an interim coach who had no desire taking up the FG coaching role full time, t Baz was out of his depth imo and pay he really wasn't much better but got shafted which is a shame how that went down but you can blame the Andersons for that debacle.

I call you negative because it's the same song and dance with each post, not having anything positive to say I relation to anything the club is trying to do, it's all just cIRaLdOpE this or ghoul that, it grows beyond tiresome.

I'm not echoing anything, just stating my view as I see it with each post made on here, that's just how it is

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WTF dude? I clearly said I wasn’t bagging Preston… averaging just over a penalty every two games is far from bad. I was using the example of a player who is well liked here to prove a point about how exceptional Waddell’s discipline was this year, and how people will continue to see negatives in his game no matter how well he plays. Instead of just accepting the point, you turn it into an attack on Preston, which I very clearly said it was not.

Preston is an excellent young player who had a great year for us, but he is not a metre eater. Waddell is and we are in short supply of them, so I think we should have kept him.

You call me a negative person, yet you can’t find a positive thing to say about Waddell despite there being way more positives in his game than negatives this year. Ciraldo didn’t just get blown out in a few games, he had us averaging 34 points conceded per game. That is just not acceptable to me. You expect me to find positives about a coach whose performance was full of negatives, yet can’t find positives about a player whose season was full of positives.

As for Ciraldo coming a year early, that’s just more spin from Gus trying to take heat off him. Any coach worth his salt would want to start the job as soon as possible. It’s no grand act of gallantry, it’s what coaches do (when they aren’t under contracts their existing clubs will not allow them to break).

You can think I’m negative, if you like. But I’m not going to sugarcoat my opinions for the sake of others. It seems to me Ciraldo and Gus are “fixing” shit that isn’t broken for the sake of looking busy, while showing no signs of fixing shit that actually needs fixing.

I don’t buy the cleaning out the deadwood shit either. You don’t get rid of deadwood only to sign players like Faamausili. Potter got way better results out of the squad last year by backing them and giving them self belief. I have no issue with Ciraldo trying to toughen us up, but it was his responsibility to back and work with the players he did have at his disposal this year, and results suggest he didn’t do a very good job of it. If you treat players like deadwood, that’s the way they will perform, more often than not.

As for wanting to agree to disagree, I wanted to address your arguments first, but as per your wish, I won’t argue with you further… even if you reply to this. I think it’s unfortunate you want to echo the mob by dismissing me as negative. We bled points this year, were towelled up in the forwards and look like going into 2024 with a pack that is even weaker. I really don’t think it’s unreasonable to be displeased with that.

I was patient with Pay, even with Barrett. But I can’t excuse a lack of resolve in defence and further weakening an existing weakness.
Again all you have said is dribble ,you assume
With no actual proof , and don’t give me my opinion bullshit .
You keep spinning the same bullshit recycling over and over.
Do you have inside info?
Do you work at the club?
Are you mates with the coach?
Stop spreading bullshit,
as for your new avatar did you get cut that someone already said it in one post so you had to copy it, go be original don’t still peoples idea.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You guys have lost your sense of humor, The Clown is trying to make us lough and you don't get it :laughing:
It’s comedy gold and we have poster engaging in serious 3 plus paragraph debates with them hahaha which makes it even more hilarious. They must be boomers taking the bait

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys have lost your sense of humor, The Clown is trying to make us lough and you don't get it :laughing:
It’s comedy gold and we have poster engaging in serious 3 plus paragraph debates with them hahaha which makes it even more hilarious. They must be boomers taking the bait
If you find what they are trying to do "Funny" you both have my deepest sympathies and condolences.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I know you're a troller but with all due respect I do not even think saying we should of kept Waddell is a joke. That statement is something that would be suggested in the depths of hell.
Waddell is as useful as a limp dick in an orgy.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, I don’t get upset with people’s differing opinion. Everyone can have their say. Not sure how anyone who is a Dog’s fan can be happy with our results last year and next season isn’t filling me with much confidence either. I mean- I guess we’ve been spoiled but I expect Dog’s to be finals every year minimum- though, I have been a staunch supporter since 88.
People might wanna watch they say to 04Dreaming as this Luai thing is not over yet. I mean I hope he is dead wrong but the fat lady hasn’t sung yet and if we do sign him it will not only reflect poorly on the club as a recruitment decision but there will be some posters with some serious egg on their face. On the other hand if he’s wrong he should definitely be man enough to own it without any excuse.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm technically a millennial but am ashamed of my generation and probably should have been born in the 70's so can kind of relate to that

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Again, I don’t get upset with people’s differing opinion. Everyone can have their say. Not sure how anyone who is a Dog’s fan can be happy with our results last year and next season isn’t filling me with much confidence either. I mean- I guess we’ve been spoiled but I expect Dog’s to be finals every year minimum- though, I have been a staunch supporter since 88.
People might wanna watch they say to 04Dreaming as this Luai thing is not over yet. I mean I hope he is dead wrong but the fat lady hasn’t sung yet and if we do sign him it will not only reflect poorly on the club as a recruitment decision but there will be some posters with some serious egg on their face. On the other hand if he’s wrong he should definitely be man enough to own it without any excuse.
04 Dreaming said in October luai has signed with dogs on massive overs .
He didn’t say that there’s a chance or dogs are chasing or we made an offer, he specifically said we have signed him on massive overs.
He 100% lied to make himself feel special, he also said there will be a new board which was also a lie.
To reflect on your last line, he isn’t a man and only talks bad about the club.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
04 Dreaming said in October luai has signed with dogs on massive overs .
He didn’t say that there’s a chance or dogs are chasing or we made an offer, he specifically said we have signed him on massive overs.
He 100% lied to make himself feel special, he also said there will be a new board which was also a lie.
To reflect on your last line, he isn’t a man and only talks bad about the club.
well said...Dreaming is a liar. a show pony and is a negative person who is arrogantwho only cares about drawing attention to his so called inside info....I cant wait to hear his pathetic excuses when Luai signs with tigers...he is so proud and has such an inflated ego to the point he cant admit when he is wrong

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
well said...Dreaming is a liar. a show pony and is a negative person who is arrogantwho only cares about drawing attention to his so called inside info....I cant wait to hear his pathetic excuses when Luai signs with tigers...he is so proud and has such an inflated ego to the point he cant admit when he is wrong
He thinks he has inside info lol what a drop kick.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clown crew are keeping their quotas up that’s for sure .. fishing’s been good for them the last few days ..

Image1703215198.843367.jpg

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just can’t believe it’s Christmas and we’ve yet to find genuine replacements for TPJ and Thompson. Surely we are close to announcing someone

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I just can’t believe it’s Christmas and we’ve yet to find genuine replacements for TPJ and Thompson. Surely we are close to announcing someone
Not looking good, maybe we will get someone mid season like Knight, or maybe now AFB is signed with the sharks we could maybe grab one of their players if early releases happen....but apart from that its been pretty quiet.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I know you're a troller but with all due respect I do not even think saying we should of kept Waddell is a joke. That statement is something that would be suggested in the depths of hell.
Waddell is as useful as a limp dick in an orgy.
I am not an “troller”.

Either you didn’t actually watch any of our games this year, or you are just being a smartarse. Waddell was one of our only consistent strong performers this year and letting him go with no decent replacement was idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.