News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be fair if we signed him at 5 year deal for 6+mil you would be losing your shit saying what a terrible move.
Hmm not really. It's definitely overs and I'm sick of Panthers but I'm even more sick of losing. What's the point in us supposedly having all this money when we keep passing up top targets because they cost too much? We've deadset run out of targets for 2025. Who is there left to sign?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hmm not really. It's definitely overs and I'm sick of Panthers but I'm even more sick of losing. What's the point in us supposedly having all this money when we keep passing up top targets because they cost too much? We've deadset run out of targets for 2025. Who is there left to sign?
Come of it mate be honest. You would be annoyed. I would be and I was on the fence with it.

He is a quality player who no doubt is a 800k+ player like panthers offered. They had the option to retain him but rightfully locked down other more important spots and harder to replace roles than what he provides.

No other club besides us and the tigers who are two of the worst clubs for a while now threw big $ at him.

He has an injury to shoulder (which id be backing he will recover fine for and give his all to panthers this year) . Though still a slight concern into his late 20’s for a half.

He is a complete flog in a dream system. How does he handle the pressure of a shit team like us or tigers?

5 years is a long time. It’s absolutely huge $ at 1.25+.

It has an extreme amount of desperation and risk to it. I’m much happier see the tigers committed to that then us.

I don’t think Cleary could carry our pack. The tigers have a much better pack at this stage in my opinion. Yet we still beat them and they got the spoon. We also had a terribly injury run (granted they lost douhehi but I’d argue kikau wins us more games).

I am very happy with our backs in Jac Critta kiraz and back that at least 1/2 guys out of Tracey, xerri, taafe, Wilson etc lock down a spot and surprise us.

Burton behind a quality pack I think will be ok.

We urgently need two big men and I thought May and afb was the obvious answer. Obviously not by the sounds of afb. I’m disappointed there but again perhaps a 4 year deal to a bloke at 30 on mega $ isn’t the smartest choice?

Every year someone like Preston pops up at clubs. Him and kikau give us quality backrower. Our backline is class in Jac kiraz and Critta. If xerri and Tracey can demand a centre and fullback role then we are set in that.

Get Mahoney a few big men and I would think we are rebuilding nicely with the kids in the halves coming through.

Personally I hope this forces Gus to reconsider afb or at worst go and secure may, ulel, Wilson from broncos. Throw something with these guys into Preston kikau Mahoney Curran and we have a quality pack to mix with quality backs. Granted the 7 would be the biggest ? Though for 1.25 mil for 5 years I’ll pass on Luai and see what the kids produce and hope burton who is what 3-4 years younger? Can grow into the role as the roster dramatically improves around him while being paid closer to half of what Luai is on!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Laugh now because you certainly won't be during the season at this rate.
I will if you continue with your current doomsday the sky is falling crap..

We are on the nose with top players because of the long drawn out demise of our club. We dont need anymore fucking backs we need forwards in particular props. If we fix that and start going forward our backs will look way better and we will start winning again, and then we will attract who we want.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I will if you continue with your current doomsday the sky is falling crap..

We are on the nose with top players because of the long drawn out demise of our club. We dont need anymore fucking backs we need forwards in particular props. If we fix that and start going forward our backs will look way better and we will start winning again, and then we will attract who we want.
Well we aren't signing props either.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we aren't signing props either.
I wouldnt be too sure of that. We might not be signing AFB types especially for 24 but a couple of Vaughn types might be on the cards, I wouldnt rule out Klemmer for a start.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wouldnt be too sure of that. We might not be signing AFB types especially for 24 but a couple of Vaughn types might be on the cards, I wouldnt rule out Klemmer for a start.
We've passed up every option so we could sign absolute shitters like famasalami, Pele, etc. The only prop we spent decent money on was Sutton and he's fucking hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.