News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would have thought the tigers would have learnt a thing or 2 paying overs for halves when the rest of their roster and office is bent out of shape .

Seems like a board room power play but that’s way overs to the point it’s reckless spending .
No doubt luai is talented player but that’s marquee money for a player that’s going to be required to lead the team which he’s never done on a regular basis or over a length of time .

Just ask dragons fans how over paying for a half worked out for them
Penrith reportedly offered him $850k per year which is much closer to his true value and probably spot on. He’s good, but I don’t see him as a top 5 no.6. $1.2m+ is ridiculous money. Tigers just cleaned out their board, yet are still making dumb decisions.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now that we’ve missed on Luai and AFB you have to wonder how we’ve spent 95% of the cap for 2024 having shed Thommo, TPJ and signed a bunch of cheap utilities

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phew! I’m so glad we didn’t sign the tosser
I was dreading it tbh. I don’t care too much about his carry-on, but just don’t think he’s the best choice out of him, Mam and Dearden. That’s if we even needed a 6 which I don’t believe we do. Get a good team around Burton and I’m sure he’ll deliver. It would have also been the final nail as far as the us copying Panthers meme.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that we’ve missed on Luai and AFB you have to wonder how we’ve spent 95% of the cap for 2024 having shed Thommo, TPJ and signed a bunch of cheap utilities
Not sure there is anyone left to buy

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure both Luai and AFB would've been potential acquisitions for 2025 so it would have little bearing on our 2024 cap.
I take your point regarding forwards for 2024 though, it's a little worrying.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Penrith reportedly offered him $850k per year which is much closer to his true value and probably spot on. He’s good, but I don’t see him as a top 5 no.6. $1.2m+ is ridiculous money. Tigers just cleaned out their board, yet are still making dumb decisions.
Good retirement fund for Luai, he’s won three comps and now time to set himself up for life. Tigers are the dumbest club in history.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They have overpaid here but.. a combo of bud sullivan and luai, if they reach their potential, is infinitely more exciting than burton and sexton. Really hope our halves coming thru the grades live up to the hype

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You said he was coming..WRONGO

So did your gang members of the Rayancheros @04 Dreaming and pollywants a cracker etc... :tearsofjoy:
Nope. I said from the very beginning I never had absolute confirmation and I wasn't going back for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.