News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, why engage Rayrays lil gang of weirdos? I have never seen a more pathetic recruitment drive.

Absolute bunch (multiple accounts of one person) of flogs trying enlist the supposed downtrodden on a fan chat forum. Oh, how the once mighty have fallen…
Because I’m a sick man Baz.
I get a kick out of calling out shit-talkers.
Are you suggesting I need a new hobby? :-).

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
“People”, that includes Gould and Ciraldo and there’s a high probability that they see and know much more than we fans do. Ciraldo, in particular, saw Luai almost every day for 5+ years, I’d suggest he knows exactly what he is capable of.

Personally, not that my option is worth much, is that I have seen enough evidence that Luai is a halfback playing 5/8 because the coach’s son plays halfback. Which is always going to be the case at Penrith. He’s not leaving for money, he’s leaving to be free to play how and where he thinks he is best.

Always a Bulldog
Luai won’t leave his bro…

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed confirmed as having yet another handle?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No wonder they pulled out of afb.. they always wanted luai... that what desperation does..
forwards isnt what tigers needed, there spine and outside backs is what they needed to fix first.

only downside is we have no one to use our cap money on for 2025 that'll genuinely improve our team

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You would have thought the tigers would have learnt a thing or 2 paying overs for halves when the rest of their roster and office is bent out of shape .

Seems like a board room power play but that’s way overs to the point it’s reckless spending .
No doubt luai is talented player but that’s marquee money for a player that’s going to be required to lead the team which he’s never done on a regular basis or over a length of time .

Just ask dragons fans how over paying for a half worked out for them

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a L if we had to pay him 1.2 over 5 years
Agree, Gus isn’t going to dig the club into the same hole by paying massive overs to a soon-to-be 27yo whose yet to be proven without Cleary and a once in a generation team around him…not to mention the unknown of returning to the NRL from a busted shoulder….

Look, i would have been happy if we picked him up because he’s still quality, but that length of contract at overs is a bridge too far particularly when we have a young gun in Woods coming through and Burton is still only 23yo which shapes as a future halves pairing

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what it costs for the lower teams to try to compete. If roosters signed him it would have been for only 600k

Glad we didn't get him at that price... it's insane for someone who lets be honest, won't have the drive or body after this season to be worth that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.