News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "saving", we have space in the Cap for both. We also have space in the Top 38 (max) so that's not an issue either.
Bird in the hand most definitely applies.

The success rate of the conversion to NRL of "talented halves" is miniscule, lucky to be 1 in 20 that actually make it. Plus they have to learn from someone, sure we have Jason Taylor, but there is nothing like the mentoring from a senior player that plays your position and you are alongside every single day.

Always a Bulldog
so a 5 year contract is a bit long then, wouldn't sign him for more then 2-3

also why bother with jason taylor, when we could sign shifty sherwin who's coaching in illawarra

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Luai
8. Klemmer
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. T. May
15. Mann
16. Hughes
17. Knight

If we were to nab Luai, Klemmer & T.May, we would have a team capable of being in the top 6

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Luai
8. Klemmer
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. T. May
15. Mann
16. Hughes
17. Knight

If we were to nab Luai, Klemmer & T.May, we would have a team capable of being in the top 6
LUAI is a must experience in high pressure games surrounded by the best players in the game and of course a great player pretty nice line up you have there

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
so a 5 year contract is a bit long then, wouldn't sign him for more then 2-3

also why bother with jason taylor, when we could sign shifty sherwin who's coaching in illawarra

I love the guy but Shifty is no where near the communicator that Jason Taylor is.

Always a Bulldog

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Amazed people today still entertaining the thought of Luai in the side. Hes likely to stay at Panthers, but i also dont see why we would want him, even for less money than he wants. We just dont need 6s. Why spend so much on one then? Makes no sense to me, keeping the money for forwards seems more likely and prudent.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Amazed people today still entertaining the thought of Luai in the side. Hes likely to stay at Panthers, but i also dont see why we would want him, even for less money than he wants. We just dont need 6s. Why spend so much on one then? Makes no sense to me, keeping the money for forwards seems more likely and prudent.
“People”, that includes Gould and Ciraldo and there’s a high probability that they see and know much more than we fans do. Ciraldo, in particular, saw Luai almost every day for 5+ years, I’d suggest he knows exactly what he is capable of.

Personally, not that my option is worth much, is that I have seen enough evidence that Luai is a halfback playing 5/8 because the coach’s son plays halfback. Which is always going to be the case at Penrith. He’s not leaving for money, he’s leaving to be free to play how and where he thinks he is best.

Always a Bulldog

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Obviously Gus see's Luai being able to transition into a 7. He wouldn't be the 1st 6 to do that either. I think he see's a few decent cheaper forwards than AFB like a Terrell May, Matt Croker and Tom Hazleton as options potentially.
Thats my take anyway.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Obviously Gus see's Luai being able to transition into a 7. He wouldn't be the 1st 6 to do that either. I think he see's a few decent cheaper forwards than AFB like a Terrell May, Matt Croker and Tom Hazleton as options potentially.
Thats my take anyway.
Still think money can be better spent elsewhere. Also Luais strength is his running game, which is more like a 6

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Still think money can be better spent elsewhere. Also Luais strength is his running game, which is more like a 6
And what, Hughes's strength isn't his running game?
And Hines, I suppose his strength isn't his running game?
What about Walker, I suppose his strength isn't his running game?

Always a Bulldog

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Burton really needs to step up next year hopefully one of our young 7 s come good

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't think Luai / Burton would work or Sexton / Burton, Sexton / Luai, Hutcho / Burton, Hutcho / Luai or Sexton / Hutcho. The clubs needs an on field chief and none of these players are that.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news today where luai going i got told he has made a decision but no announcement yet

Status
Not open for further replies.