News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be fair he has been saying for months that we'll end up with Luai.
Honestly I still don't know at this point, haven't had a a straight out "yes". Just seems like we have a free run at him and it's simply a matter of Gus pulling the trigger.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. I've had the Luai juice for months baby
@04 Dreaming has been abused for saying Luai was signed all along. He’s now got 5 years worth more than 5 million. Gus has come in with the big ones.

@TheSexDogs was it you who said a possible swap trade with Burton might be on the cards?

Magic is on 900 or a tad more. Penrith would gladly give him 850 over 4-5 years and he would go back in an instant.

@Flanagun @Nasheed can you see a swap on the cards?

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer AFB over Luai any day for that kind of money however looks like we might be making a play for Luai to get the May brothers on board, this only makes sense if we have decided to drop out of the race for AFB. If this is true the winner might be us as the May brothers are great players and have more years in them as they are all younger than AFB and more prone to stay and finish of their contracts... hopefully an announcement comes soon as we need good news and something to look forward to in 2024 and beyond! Go the MIGHTY Bulldogs!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I prefer AFB over Luai any day for that kind of money however looks like we might be making a play for Luai to get the May brothers on board, this only makes sense if we have decided to drop out of the race for AFB. If this is true the winner might be us as the May brothers are great players and have more years in them as they are all younger than AFB and more prone to stay and finish of their contracts... hopefully an announcement comes soon as we need good news and something to look forward to in 2024 and beyond! Go the MIGHTY Bulldogs!
Yes agreed Luai to me is NOT worth it however if thsi meant getting the May bros all 3 or even the 2 it would be better than AFB himself, guess maybe this is what Gus is thinking?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won’t watch the team you support because you don’t like a player. Fkn strange. Who gives a fck if he’s a grub. I just want to win games. Players come and fkn go, I support the club
[emoji115]this ..

Might be a grub .. but if he joins he’ll be our grub & if he’s helping us win games I’ll be supporting him 100% …

But at the end of the day I support the club and always have ..

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has traded off Luke Lewis in the past

I can’t see two left side, left foot, following style players being there together in the halves one will have to give way and Burton too much coin for a centre.

Cleary can offer him 5/8.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming has been abused for saying Luai was signed all along. He’s now got 5 years worth more than 5 million. Gus has come in with the big ones.

@TheSexDogs was it you who said a possible swap trade with Burton might be on the cards?

Magic is on 900 or a tad more. Penrith would gladly give him 850 over 4-5 years and he would go back in an instant.

@Flanagun @Nasheed can you see a swap on the cards?
No

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think you can get much better than a "grub" on your team that's elite in their position. I would prefer AFB but he's a lot more difficult with the trade needed.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bad fit anywhere outside of penrith. Actually bad fit next to anyone without a gun 7. Was hoping tigers will ruin themselves with that signing then we swoop in and pick up their fullback or one of there young props..... But looks like we will be the silly ones.

He isnt a bad player, not not worth much more then penrith is offering. Also wont elevate us into a premiership contender.
Exactly, he’s a fine player. Yet I don’t know how he dominates opposition teams, which would be needed on that coin. He’d be expected to win games on he’s own at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.