NRL loan system needs to be revamped

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL loan system is a joke. It’s basically turned into the top teams feasting on bottom teams towards the finals. The NRL should have seen this coming and the fact that they didn’t shows how short-sighted they are. There needs to be very specific rules to prevent this from happening. The Harry Grant loan was a success and served a purpose. So I’m not totally against loans but they need to be very specific. The fact that Melbourne even had the nerve to ask for Addo-Carr is a joke.

Here’s a few of my ideas for guidelines regarding loan players.
- Players must be under 23
- Players must have under 30 NRL games played
- Players must not have played any representative football
- They must be contracted to the parent club til at least the following season
- Player must not be the first choice in his position at his parent club
- You are limited to one player loaned from a single club
- You can have a maximum of two total loan players.
- After round 12 you must have an identifiable long term injury in your squad to loan a player.

Thoughts.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely ! Your an ideas man Magic Arrow . . . It's like society though , you rarely see the "haves" giving to the "have nots" perhaps a revamped version of the loan system would have teams with an abundance of talent helping struggling teams, before they can start pilfering from struggling teams . . . Paying it forward I believe it's called . . . There's an article for ya Buzz,Or a thread idea for the copy and pasting types on here

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty good set of guidelines there to be honest.

Last edited:

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL loan system is a joke. It’s basically turned into the top teams feasting on bottom teams towards the finals. The NRL should have seen this coming and the fact that they didn’t shows how short-sighted they are. There needs to be very specific rules to prevent this from happening. The Harry Grant loan was a success and served a purpose. So I’m not totally against loans but they need to be very specific. The fact that Melbourne even had the nerve to ask for Addo-Carr is a joke.

Here’s a few of my ideas for guidelines regarding loan players.
- Players must be under 23
- Players must have under 30 NRL games played
- Players must not have played any representative football
- They must be contracted to the parent club til at least the following season
- Player must not be the first choice in his position at his parent club
- You are limited to one player loaned from a single club
- You can have a maximum of two total loan players.
- After round 12 you must have an identifiable long term injury in your squad to loan a player.

Thoughts.
How dare you make sense MODS ban him ...