filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=54507

Looks like they got the bastards!

NRL issues life bans to misbehaving fans
By Ian McCullough
AAP
The NRL has demonstrated a no-nonsense approach to crowd violence by handing life bans to two men following trouble at two recent games.

The incidents followed the Bulldogs and South Sydney match at ANZ Stadium last Monday and Manly's clash with Newcastle at EnergyAustralia Stadium on April 5.

The Bulldogs' 14-12 win over Souths was marred by crowd violence from their supporters that left a security guard bloodied and bruised after being assaulted.

The NRL responded on Saturday by announcing a man had been issued with a life ban for his role in the attack on the guard.

The game's governing body also handed out two five-year bans following incidents from the same game, including one to a spectator who refused to leave ANZ Stadium after violating smoking regulations.

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg welcomed the banning orders and said the club would not tolerate troublemakers.

"It's pleasing to see the hard work of the authorities has resulted in the issue of banning notices," he told AAP.

"With the technology available today and the detail of CCTV footage, this has provided a strong reminder to all fans that if you behave in a manner that is not in line with community standards it's likely you won't be invited back."

NSW police confirmed this week they were looking into incidents from the night, including one which saw a pregnant woman knocked to the ground while attempting to pass another scuffle.

A Manly fan's life ban was issued after a brawl with Newcastle supporters in the car park outside EnergyAustralia Stadium following the premiers' loss to the Knights.

The incident left two Newcastle fans in hospital with serious facial injuries.

A 23-year-old from Maitland was charged by police with assault and affray.

A five-year ban was also issued to a streaker who entered the playing field at Parramatta Stadium during the Eels' loss to St George Illawarra last Friday night.

In all cases, the NRL bans are game wide and are in addition to any impending police or court proceedings.
Posted:Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:37:14

Last edited by a moderator:

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A five year ban for smoking!! You've got to be kidding me!!

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah ya right mate. I didn't read properly. Still a bit harsh i reckon

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
geez heaps of new scottish people

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
This is Good news for our club!

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
good news, but can be hard to upholda life is a long time while i agree lifetime is needed give it say 30 years the persona appearance changes the security used changes gallop goes so really how enfourcable is it

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
every one who enters any football stadium, is well aware of the rules regarding behavior, and smoking.

they chose to break the rules, chose to stay when asked to leave. so they got punished

it might look like a simple thing, but these simple things get blown out of proportion by gutter jurnolists, and we are made to look bad....... again

lets support the club, by supporting harsh penaltys given out to trouble makers

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question is, how are the bans upheld?

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
How do they actually filter these banned people from attending games? lol

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
agree 100% with besherek and [fkn-sik] i would think its nearly impossible to uphold the ban for what could be 50 years

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
LOL, this is what I've always thought.

Imagine at the booth they have a Not Wanted pic of the 17yr old, who is now 80. They reject him because he looks like the kid in the pic.

That'd be epic fail.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
mayb the have a folder update every few years of the person face that has been put through a computer ageing program lol

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
How do they even uphold the ban after 1 week.

How do they filter a banned person from a crowd of thousands? lol

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
in practice it's pretty hard to get the ban to work, yeah. effectively it would mean that they can't get a membership and can't pre-book tickets, but there's no way to stop them just rocking up at the game and buying tickets there unfortunately.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
its all well and good about the ban but these guys got off easy.

you think they cant attend games? i bet they will be at a game within the next 2-3 weeks. ok they cant get membership wow they can still get people to buy there tickets if they had to. does anyone here even know what they look like? so if we do see them we can tell someone.

fine them $5-10,000 and trust me they would think twice about fighting again.

if u ask me this life ban is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.