Official NRL hand down full list of sanctions after off season from hell.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla got off way too lightly what a fucking joke. It's worth cheating the salery cap if the NRL are dishing out light penalties like this. The ***** should have been starting on negative competition points this year.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok reading over that I didn't like several things,

Dylan Walker: Ok I actually do agree with this one.

Shane Flanagan: He should be banned and that should be it. I actually thought he should have been banned for life already over the peptides issue and mainly due to a failure of duty of care. Case by case leaves it open to personal opinion and we all know what Greenturd is like. So Flanagan will be back mark my word. "The proposed fine of $800,000 on the Sharks for continuing to engage with Flanagan during the period he was banned has been reduced to $500,000 after the club acknowledged and accepted its wrongdoing." So the club intentionally does it knowing it's wrong, get's caught and forcibly says sorry to reduce the penalty and the NRL go ok, take 300k off. Seriously WTF???

SHARKS SALARY CAP: So first of all, sharks yet again! Peptides, Flanagan, Salary Cap breaches. If anything they should have been made a bigger example of. Possibly even removed from the game. So they intentionally yet again deliberately cheat every single year to win a GF and do so but apparently they were ok for the year they actually did win it and then went back over again?? Let's call a spade a spade here, Storm lost premierships and so should the Sharks...their only one. Then they reduce it and allow them to spread the Salary Cap reduction over 2 seasons to further help them out. Plus reduce the breach notice yet again! Fukin hell Greenturd are you that stupid to think that WE are that stupid or does your arrogance infect you that much that you think that we won't see the truth? Or do you just not give a fuk??

So here's a strategy. Sign heaps of players over

West Tigers: They said sorry so all good? Who gives a fuk, next.

Dylan Napa: I still think the Dogs should take the NRL to court but hey.

Scott Bolton: So he gets a half sentence by being forced to humiliate himself in front of every other club and player???

De belin: No choice but to stand the man bun poof down.

* Special mention to the 11 year part of the rule though. Can easily see an issue here with future cases that are bad yet don't make the magic 11year mark and be exploited.

So it must be said, where the fuk is the sanctions for Burgess and Inglis in all of this BS? Both caused just as much or is more serious then say what Napa did (which wasn't illegal).

Can't say I'm overly impressed over the forced rules and sanctions introduced here tbh.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So now after every bad break up between a player and his missus we are going to see a fuk film or dik pics on social media in revenge? The NRL don't seem to care if it was released without consent...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
reduced to $500,000 after the club acknowledged and accepted its wrongdoing.
A breach notice proposing a fine of $750,000 has been issued to the club but $500,000 of this will be suspended because it was the club, led by CEO Barry Russell, which initially self-reported salary cap discrepancies to the NRL.
A $707,000 penalty has also been imposed on the club’s salary cap to be spread over the 2019 and 2020 seasons ($353,500 per season).
How come each and every one of their penalties has been reduced or amended to make it easy for them???? What ...because they did not get caught out by someone else and they said sorry??????

Massive great juggling act that the only year they have been cap compliant is their premiership year?????

If it looks like sh@t, smells like sh@t, then it is most certainly sh@t..........

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How come each and every one of their penalties has been reduced or amended too make it easy for them???? What ...because they did not get caught out by someone else and they said sorry??????

Massive great juggling act that the only year they have been cap compliant is their premiership year?????

If it looks like sh@t, smells like sh@t, then it is most certainly sh@t..........
I reckon they are all reduced because they would be close to folding and bankrupt. That's my hunch.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon they are all reduced because they would be close to folding and bankrupt. That's my hunch.

So what?? NRL did their fair share of propping up clubs, something they say they will not do..yep you are correct...... if it affects the NRL's bottom line then they will do whatever they need to to lessen the blow.

Can't have a competition with less sides but it is completely okay to cheat if you tell us.

Just because they came clean means nothing, they would have only done it anyway because the CEO was protecting his club's bottom line. " I wasn't here when it all happened and I don't agree with it so I am giving you the heads up" I reckon he must have had a gut feeling that the cheating would eventually be common knowledge. What better way to play the innocent card??

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't have too much of a problem with Napa's fine.....10% of your pay packet for being an idiot is ok with me. I really wish they'd go after the bloke that leaked it though, as he is the real culprit here. If Napa won't cooperate though there's not much that can be done.

Also as mentioned...the Sharkies punishment is an absolute joke. Deliberate systematic rorting of the cap (Except of course in the year they won the comp) and they get hit with a limp lettuce leaf. Unbelievable stuff and could only happen in the NRL.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So what?? NRL did their fair share of propping up clubs, something they say they will not do..yep you are correct...... if it affects the NRL's bottom line then they will do whatever they need to to lessen the blow.

Can't have a competition with less sides but it is completely okay to cheat if you tell us.

Just because they came clean means nothing, they would have only done it anyway because the CEO was protecting his club's bottom line. " I wasn't here when it all happened and I don't agree with it so I am giving you the heads up" I reckon he must have had a gut feeling that the cheating would eventually be common knowledge. What better way to play the innocent card??
I agree. The game needs clubs out of Sydney and what better way then relegating cheating sides and granting licenses to other parts of the Country. I really think the NRL should let clubs die now if they can't show a successful business model. Sharks are an embarrassment based on all the shite they have done this past few years.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so the nrlol had a full plate this week. Fair enough. I can only assume then that the whole Rorters salary cap for the last decade thing will be dealt with this week.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Greg Inglis gets another character reference

....also does this mean Sam Burgess is free to continue to send dickpix????

No disrepute there
They can't afford to punish for dick pics or head office would be fined every time an image of Greenberg hits the papers.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Punishing clubs for cheating the cap with a fine is pointless really. A suspension of the fine makes it even more so. It's looking like it gives rich clubs more incentive to cheat. As long as head office pulls a few sheckles into their coffers it's all good. Fuck the idea of spreading the talent fairly. Just make sure you send some cash to head office and you're all good. Can't just have the players earning good money, gotta show the bosses some brown paper bags too.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck the nrl , we all know how dodgy it is . Best thing is maority of people know too, this is the first season I’ve gone into just knowing that they probably have a gf picked and waiting for the ratings , can see them in head off being like
Imagine the ratings of Bennett v seibold I’m a grand final
yep .. we got cronk vs melbourne (and Smith) last year so defintely agree Bennett vs Seibold is at shortest odds.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Punishing clubs for cheating the cap with a fine is pointless really
A fine is a slap on the wrist for the richer clubs but it will hurt the sponsorless Sharks. Nobody will sponsor them now. They have one foot in the grave.

But if you really want to punish a club you hurt its fans like they did with us in 2002.

They spanked the club hard and we were absolutely gutted, but we have learnt from it.

Last edited:

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A fine is a slap on the wrist for the richer clubs but it will hurt the sponsorless Sharks. Nobody will sponsor them now. They have one foot in the grave.

But if you really want to punish a club you hurt its fans like they did with us in 2002.

They spanked the club hard and we were absolutely gutted, but we have learnt from it.
Speaking to Lynne Anderson on Thursday night. She told me that the word going around is that no major companies want to even consider sponsoring NRL teams at the moment due to all the crap that’s been happening the last year. Hopefully these new policies can put faith back into sponsorship.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So the Peptides have been in breach of the salary cap every year since 2013, but were magically under the cap in 2016 so they keep their title?

There's been alot of bullshit shovelled by the NRL over the last few weeks, I reckon that's a fair truckload of it right there.
One of the great cover ups.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Down Down with Cronulla. Broke, sponsorless and caught out.

Sooner they die and the Saints swallow up that area the better.
It would help the game no end if the Shark's folded and we swallowed up their area, as well as the old St George area.
St George should concentrate developing the junior comps in the illawarra area, and in the entire south coast.
Our club has the finance to best develop the junior comps in the old St George area as well as the junior leagues in the Shire.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would help the game no end if the Shark's folded and we swallowed up their area, as well as the old St George area.
St George should concentrate developing the junior comps in the illawarra area, and in the entire south coast.
Our club has the finance to best develop the junior comps in the old St George area as well as the junior leagues in the Shire.
Unfortunately the Cronulla junior area is between the st. George area and Illawarra area.

If the Sharks folded it would go to the Dragons

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fines dont represent the number of seasons they breached the cap either... nrl always say 'we take this seriously and will come down hard on clubs who cheat" Its all fucking lies, everyone who has cheated of late gets off easy.
Whereas teams like us get done and have to release numerous high profile players... Why should we follow the rules honestly
I have come to the conclusion (rightly or wrongly) that the NRL of late are taking it easy with the cap cheats they catch because they know that a few of their favourite clubs (Rotters and the Bronks), are cheating the cap at will, and can never be caught.
Only a few years ago the Rotters threatened to challenge the salary cap in court because it was a restriction on trade, Legal opinion at the time was that such a challenge would have been successful.
IMHO without the cap the only teams who could win a comp, would be Rotters , Bronks, the Storm if they get sufficient backing from Murdoch, and the Warriors if they get the backing of the NZ Government.
RL in Australia in not like Soccer which in all the major countries has no competition, with no cap RL would suffer a certain quick death. Fans would desert the game in droves if their team is consistently beaten by 50 plus points.