NRL fury as Castle moves on unscathed from Bulldogs car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get what you deserve when you don't hire the best , usually they hire puppets or mates to these positions and they get screwed , this time was trying to get the PC vote with hiring her.

What kills me the most is that the three stooges who killed the club were there long term term , so instead of planning long term and setting the club up ALa storm, they went quick fixes and royally messed it all up

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know mate glad she is gone. I hope Mr Hill sticks up for us and does not hang us out to dry.
Lols, by rolling over on Pay's appeal against his fine, and have him publicly say he regrets the comments?

No difference really.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
But Raelene is the first female CEO of an NRL club....she was going to be awesome simply because she was going to bring feminine qualities to the NRL.

LOL!!!!

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty good article tbh
But when the fuck are they going to give up, how many times can you tell the same story a different way ffs
The story must sell, so they recycling it

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lols, by rolling over on Pay's appeal against his fine, and have him publicly say he regrets the comments?

No difference really.
Get fucked really? FMD dogs don't bend over to the corrupt fucks. I would have thought he would have blown up after Ceechin's performance on Sunday.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get fucked really? FMD dogs don't bend over to the corrupt fucks. I would have thought he would have blown up after Ceechin's performance on Sunday.
Small extract from NRL.com. Some of the fine was suspended due to first offence etc, but that was about it:

NRL reduces Pay fine over referee comments
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Thu 17 May 2018, 10:54 AM
Share on social media

Canterbury have been successful in their appeal for a lighter sanction on coach Dean Pay for his controversial comments about the refereeing after the Bulldogs' round-nine loss to Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

After he was initially slapped with a breach notice for $25,000, the NRL has announced the Dogs would be fined $15,000 with a further $10,000 suspended "if there is a repeat of the criticism against match officials".

According to an NRL statement, league officials suspended part of the penalty "based on the fact that Pay is in his first season as a head coach in the NRL and has no prior breaches. He has also acknowledged publicly that he needs to moderate his language when commenting about match officials."

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Chain reaction !
1. Greenterd signed Hitler (Hasler) to dictate all football matters
2. Greenterd quits leaving Hitler in full control
3. Castle The YES WOMAN (Ms political correctness) takes over, allowing Hitler's full dictatorship
4. In comes the Supper Hero Dib doing what he shouldn't, the job of the failed CEO...No No No
The rest is HISTORY...
The blame game should cease, It's time to work for a better future
Baring in mind we have been through WORSE TIMES...
The dramas SHOULD NOT BE AN EXCUSE FOR UNDER PREFORMING
All it takes is to show SOLIDARITY, HEART and PRIDE !!!
The question remains HAVE THEY GOT IT ?
I HOPE SO...

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You get what you deserve when you don't hire the best , usually they hire puppets or mates to these positions and they get screwed , this time was trying to get the PC vote with hiring her.

What kills me the most is that the three stooges who killed the club were there long term term , so instead of planning long term and setting the club up ALa storm, they went quick fixes and royally messed it all up
There are some legal types on here. Are there any legal implications for the likes of Greenberg, Dib (& the rest of that board) & Castle? Isn't there some ways these people get held to account for the failures in corporate governance?

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
tin foil hat time, Do you reckon she knew was going to happen and jumped ship?

Also anyone gone through old achieves before she started i seem to remember something about her mismanaging money

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But Raelene is the first female CEO of an NRL club....she was going to be awesome simply because she was going to bring feminine qualities to the NRL.

LOL!!!!
This is what happens when you hire people simply for diversity reasons rather than the best person for the job. This is what our World is coming to. If the best person for the job is a woman - fantastic, I want the best, but if it is a man, I want them. If the best is a transgender white person who identifies as a black rabbit, BUT is THE best CEO, then I will take him... or her... or whatever.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please don't post any more pictures of our former CEO. I can't afford to keep buying new computers.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
tin foil hat time, Do you reckon she knew was going to happen and jumped ship?

Also anyone gone through old achieves before she started i seem to remember something about her mismanaging money
Just a fat rat who jumped a sinking ship.... causing a tsunami

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There are some legal types on here. Are there any legal implications for the likes of Greenberg, Dib (& the rest of that board) & Castle? Isn't there some ways these people get held to account for the failures in corporate governance?
Hey mate, there sure is. My last post on here on another topic (I can’t remember which one lol) was about the duties of directors to the company and shareholders (which are duties they hold at law and not under contract - otherwise known as fiduciary duties) and ramifications of their duties including personal civil and criminal sanctions (although the latter is a higher threshold).

In a nutshell, they must:

a) act with care, diligence and skill;
b) not cause harm to the company;
c) not misuse position or power;
d) not act in self interest

I would be looking closely at Dib’s last year with us, in particular the loss the club suffered via paying out Hasler. There is the stench that his actions were self-fulfilling which cost the club at over a mill at least.

Back-ending contracts is poor practice and we’ve learnt the hard way but they will argue at the time they were hoping to win premierships and could not have predicted a number of these players have ended up being duds as it turns out (esp if other clubs were willing to make offers for them for a similar price or higher).

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey mate, there sure is. My last post on here on another topic (I can’t remember which one lol) was about the duties of directors to the company and shareholders (which are duties they hold at law and not under contract - otherwise known as fiduciary duties) and ramifications of their duties including personal civil and criminal sanctions (although the latter is a higher threshold).

In a nutshell, they must:

a) act with care, diligence and skill;
b) not cause harm to the company;
c) not misuse position or power;
d) not act in self interest

I would be looking closely at Dib’s last year with us, in particular the loss the club suffered via paying out Hasler. There is the stench that his actions were self-fulfilling which cost the club at over a mill at least.

Back-ending contracts is poor practice and we’ve learnt the hard way but they will argue at the time they were hoping to win premierships and could not have predicted a number of these players have ended up being duds as it turns out (esp if other clubs were willing to make offers for them for a similar price or higher).
I would have thought that once the club found out the situation at Manly when Hasler was there with back-ended contracts, that that would have ended when he was re-signed. Common sense really. I also would have thought that anyone with a 3rd grade mathematics level brain would have been able to foresee the problems coming up especially when looking at the signings of Foran & Woods. Sure the NRL dillydallied over the salary cap, BUT in their position, I would have got something in writing from the NRL as to what to work towards. Just to protect yourself for one & if it goes wrong then you have recourse on the NRL. Todd's handling of the salary cap at NRL was a disgrace. How are club's supposed to operate with such a grey-area salary cap? IF the NRL told them the salary cap was going to be what it is now & Dib & Co. took the risk it was going to be higher then surely they are negligent?

I REALLY think someone or some people need to be held to account legally for this monumental disaster that they have caused as it is going to cost the club a LOT of money in sponsorships & memberships for years to come. Let alone the Hasler contract situation & subsequent payout. To quote another Manly person "there's got to be an investigation!"

Status
Not open for further replies.