NRL Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mal Meninga is set to help PNG to establish a team in the QLD cup to help their bid for a team in the NRL in the future. What are your thoughts on this and other expansion bids such as brisbane, central coast, perth, new Zealand ?

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Relocation of clubs could be on the cards with the sharks already being discussed by NRL hierarchy at various meetings as the first club to be possibly relocated due to the ASADA investigation which has taken place.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relocation of clubs could be on the cards with the sharks already being discussed by NRL hierarchy at various meetings as the first club to be possibly relocated due to the ASADA investigation which has taken place.
I know it doesn't mean much these days but i can remember them guaranteeing their fans that they would not be going anywhere. I suppose a massive fine by ASADA may change their stance.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know it doesn't mean much these days but i can remember them guaranteeing their fans that they would not be going anywhere. I suppose a massive fine by ASADA may change their stance.
That is true. With the fine the sharks will cop once everything is revealed they will most likely need to relocate as the NRL already helps them financially.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perth would be the best option or central coast. Warriors haven't won a title yet and don't get huge crowds as it is, another brisbane side probably wouldn't do well either when you already have the broncos established and the crushes they used to have were broke and useless.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perth would be the best option or central coast. Warriors haven't won a title yet and don't get huge crowds as it is, another brisbane side probably wouldn't do well either when you already have the broncos established and the crushes they used to have were broke and useless.
I know this has never been discussed but what do you think of having an NRL team in Tasmania?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Warriors crowds in NZ seem pretty decent really

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mal Meninga is set to help PNG to establish a team in the QLD cup to help their bid for a team in the NRL in the future. What are your thoughts on this and other expansion bids such as brisbane, central coast, perth, new Zealand ?
Great!!! In other words they will all be eligible to play for Queensland in the future. At this rate the Blues will never win another series.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great!!! In other words they will all be eligible to play for Queensland in the future. At this rate the Blues will never win another series.
ive said it once im gonna say it again, The Qld team are getting old and they are not replacing veterans with players of the same quality. NSW time to win a series looks brighter than ever. We need to start a dynasty that will eclipse their 8 wins record.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even if they don't expand and create another brisbane team the blues have no chance of winning state of origin

Status
Not open for further replies.