News NRL Draw: The good, bad and ugly for your club in 2024

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Someone post this article on the DT pls instrestrd to see what bullshit there saying now

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was just looking over draw. I stopped at round 12, when we play saints. I don’t know how it’s possible, yet every team we play has an extra day recovery before meeting us. Or they come off the bye, receiving extra time again. I’ve never seen it where we are constantly disadvantaged by a day in recovery week after week.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was just looking over draw. I stopped at round 12, when we play saints. I don’t know how it’s possible, yet every team we play has an extra day recovery before meeting us. Or they come off the bye, receiving extra time again. I’ve never seen it where we are constantly disadvantaged by a day in recovery week after week.
Our doggies are cursed, players come here a get worse, everything that can go against us - 50/50 calls it will, we are battling the media as well. We are stuck in a huge rut, have been for too many years to count.

AKA - thanks desball.

yet the Barba years with Des were some of the most exciting years to watch , I had a ball, we could score trys at will and from ANYWHERE on the field… very IRONIC really lol.

come to think of it, once Barba left everything turned to shit really quick. The club SUNK, and continued too. Fuck I miss Barba lol.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I noticed that as soon as the draw was released

Two away games to start the season is a hiding to nothing as well

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our doggies are cursed, players come here a get worse, everything that can go against us - 50/50 calls it will, we are battling the media as well. We are stuck in a huge rut, have been for too many years to count.

AKA - thanks desball.

yet the Barba years with Des were some of the most exciting years to watch , I had a ball, we could score trys at will and from ANYWHERE on the field… very IRONIC really lol.

come to think of it, once Barba left everything turned to shit really quick. The club SUNK, and continued too. Fuck I miss Barba lol.
We made the GF in 2014 with no Barba in fact we had Perrett there [emoji23]

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We made the GF in 2014 with no Barba in fact we had Perrett there [emoji23]
Yup Parrot was algood, yes the 2014 GF fail lol .. I remember all to well. How ? Because I was there, flew over for it. Still miss the Barba days, can’t beat em!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yup Parrot was algood, yes the 2014 GF fail lol .. I remember all to well. How ? Because I was there, flew over for it. Still miss the Barba days, can’t beat em!!
Yeah bro I flew over as well, it was hot as fk that day!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah bro I flew over as well, it was hot as fk that day!
Was also a shit game hahahaha !!! But hey I got to take my daughter to all the theme parks a few days before, so made it all worth it.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

AKA - thanks desball.

Footy is pretty simple, win the war up front, and get the ball to the speed men ..

We haven’t won the war up front since we lost Graham & Klemmer, and we’ll continue to lose until we get some scary aggressive mongrels up front ..

Problem is, I think the blokes in charge have been working on us being a faster lighter mobile pack aka Panthers .. how’s that been working out ? ..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Footy is pretty simple, win the war up front, and get the ball to the speed men ..

We haven’t won the war up front since we lost Graham & Klemmer, and we’ll continue to lose until we get some scary aggressive mongrels up front ..

Problem is, I think the blokes in charge have been working on us being a faster lighter mobile pack aka Panthers .. how’s that been working out ? ..
lol, hasn’t been at all, which is why Xerri should be in!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some observations I made on our draw, that I only just realised:
  • Until round 18 (excluding bye situations) - every team we face will have at least 1 day extra day turn around.
  • By round 13, we would of faced 4 teams coming off the bye (including 3 weeks in a row in rounds 11, 12 and 13).
I know that last point is often contested - ie, many teams hate playing off the bye (so far, teams are 0-2 this year off the bye, Titans being 1 of them). But if all teams would prefer a longer turn around, then the logic stands that having 10-14 days off instead of 6-7 should have more merits.

That's pretty fucked tbh.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Some observations I made on our draw, that I only just realised:
  • Until round 18 (excluding bye situations) - every team we face will have at least 1 day extra day turn around.
  • By round 13, we would of faced 4 teams coming off the bye (including 3 weeks in a row in rounds 11, 12 and 13).
I know that last point is often contested - ie, many teams hate playing off the bye (so far, teams are 0-2 this year off the bye, Titans being 1 of them). But if all teams would prefer a longer turn around, then the logic stands that having 10-14 days off instead of 6-7 should have more merits.

That's pretty fucked tbh.
Ciro said at last presser against Titans, that we have a short turn around next game against Souffs....he considers 6 day preparation short turnaround, so we have that statement proof positive that even a 6 day turnaround is considered short prep time.

Absolutely incredible co-incidence that those should be the outcomes of a random draw lol. Dudded yet again every which way.