NRL corrupt

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’s going to be stupid enough to say no to a $300k a year salary to stay fit by jogging around a football field without getting injured???? So no refs are not stupid! Now, getting paid $300k to be corrupt by jogging around a football field without getting injured??? That’s a whole different ball game! Remember the nrl is now an entertainment business, so unless you choose to close your eyes and walk around blind because you don’t want to believe what’s happening around you, that’s your choice, but for everyone else who has their eyes open they can see exactly what’s going on!

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets be honest, the betting agencies own this betting product called nrLOL and they put their lackey as the boss.
If betting agencies influence the game as you say .
Wouldn’t they favour decision go towards the outsider ?

Say what you will about referees but if your not good a team to overcome the atrocious decisions the bad decision are then really amplified .

There’s a simple fact , we are only sport or one of the very few to use video technology when running in play . When you do this , your rules then need to become black or white as every decision is scrutinised and by doing so they create way too many contentious calls and open each decision up for scrutiny mainly because they try to apply a black and white rule

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Realised a new thing that they've brought in that can easily affect teams and their ability to compete. All they have to do is class a head knock as Cat1 and they automatically sit out next week, possibly 2 due to the 11 days. Another tool to determine the results at their disposal now.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about corruption, but damn sure that the refereeing is highly incompetent and not at a standard befitting a professional sport. Problem is there is little accountability apart from within their own ranks - the Monday press conference with Annesly is a joke where an apology is seemingly acceptable. There should be weekly post-game meetings between the right people in the refereeing and club worlds - I know the meetings can turn into a shitfight, but I would rather that than shitty refereeing decisions deciding game results.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Not sure what has gone on with the officiating? Yes clangers are always made but from last year it got next level bad, where even the media started calling it out, this year it is even worse. Inconsistencies, confusion everywhere. Just an example the alamotti try, where the titan player stayed down deliberately yet still had time to rejoin the defence and it was stilled called no try, that would go the other way maybe 60-70% of the time. The pass off the ground was completely against the rules as his momentum stopped, even though the arm had not touched the ground, fox not playing at the ball even if it touched him. The referees don't seem to not know the rules. Seems to be a mix of incompetence, trying to manipulate games, square ups etc. Ref should go basically unnoticed, only game where that was so and not too many clangers was surprisingly the WT game. Such a shame as most teams have sorted their rosters so this could have been the best season ever if the refs just stayed out of it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not sure what has gone on with the officiating? Yes clangers are always made but from last year it got next level bad, where even the media started calling it out, this year it is even worse. Inconsistencies, confusion everywhere. Just an example the alamotti try, where the titan player stayed down deliberately yet still had time to rejoin the defence and it was stilled called no try, that would go the other way maybe 60-70% of the time. The pass off the ground was completely against the rules as his momentum stopped, even though the arm had not touched the ground, fox not playing at the ball even if it touched him. The referees don't seem to not know the rules. Seems to be a mix of incompetence, trying to manipulate games, square ups etc. Ref should go basically unnoticed, only game where that was so and not too many clangers was surprisingly the WT game. Such a shame as most teams have sorted their rosters so this could have been the best season ever if the refs just stayed out of it.
I had forgot about the Alamoti try. Yeah I watched that like a hawk and for me, if the bloke has the time to get back up, join the defensive line then it's play on. That was a complete fukin joke that call.

Dyms17

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can't help but think that whole officiating team will go into the bye feeling like they let that one slip. Fortunately for them they have 2 weeks to get it right.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The obvious bias is this -
Mahoney penalised for what ? Hip drop? No way! Then next set cops an elbow to the head and is off for hia.

The pass off the ground for Jayden Campbell they cleared that then ruled knock on..
then we get penalised for passing off the ground ..

Than ado carr scores but without even showing they send it off as asocarr touching it for 20 m restart.

3 times , 3 calls we are lucky we had that challenge to win. I truly believe they have an addenda and think of what grand final would make the most money for tv ratings.

On a lighter note… manu, smith etc all out for roosters when we play them. Could be a good game for a win

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep agreed. Its not a rort, just incompetence.

I normally dont comment on the refs because I am obviously biased when watching bulldogs games. But those calls you mentioned were unforgiveable from the bunker.

To let play go on the Tannah Boyd pass was just gobsmacking. The arm carrying the ball actually did hit the ground if you look at it. He was carrying the ball in both hands and his right arm clearly touched ground. As Ennis said, it was a rugby union play.

The captains challenge from Kiraz for us to get a drop out should have never happened. The bunker is supposed to check all drop outs anyway ffs. You shouldnt need to challenge that.

I thought the ref was poor as well and that was evidenced by 3 correct captains challenges. Even the first penalty of the game was complete bullshit and the titans scored off it. No other home team in the comp gets a call like that against them. If you watch the set before that one of our players gets tackled all they call held. The low tackler then has another go and puts them on the ground. That was a clear penalty.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The refereeing is next level inconsistent and unexplainable at times in the NRL - The Bulldogs somehow seem to cop the full brunt of it time & time again, very rarely do we get a 50/50 go our way…. The 3 captains challenges over the weekend, at crucial moments, literally saved us from a loss.

I saw a Broncos “no try” last round deemed a knock on where he fields a loose ball cleanly and simply shifts the ball from one arm into the other without the ball touching the ground - the bunker say he’s dragged the ball forward constituting a knock-on…the ball has to touch the Fkn ground for a knock-on … didn’t happen. Same game, Reece Walsh contests a kick and takes out the fullback, Broncos score - bunker rules “no interference” - absolutely wrong decision because Walsh only had eyes for the fullback until the very last second where he tried to make a play for the ball…. point though is, the on-field referee overturned the bunker, this never Fkn happens, makes the bunker re-visit the same replays he just determined and changes his mind - if the ref goes to the bunker, the bunker is supposed to adjudicate right? Mind boggling the amount of times these guys are making up sh!t as they go along. In a south’s game, Campbell Graham is fielding an attacking kick to score a try, clearly hands in the back to get to the ball, “incidental contact” ruled - two palms into someone’s back propelling them forward to gain an advantage is incidental is it?? Well fu<k me….I’m not even going to start on hip drops and lead runners - it’s become a farce.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I normally dont comment on the refs because I am obviously biased when watching bulldogs games. But those calls you mentioned were unforgiveable from the bunker.

To let play go on the Tannah Boyd pass was just gobsmacking. The arm carrying the ball actually did hit the ground if you look at it. He was carrying the ball in both hands and his right arm clearly touched ground. As Ennis said, it was a rugby union play.

The captains challenge from Kiraz for us to get a drop out should have never happened. The bunker is supposed to check all drop outs anyway ffs. You shouldnt need to challenge that.

I thought the ref was poor as well and that was evidenced by 3 correct captains challenges. Even the first penalty of the game was complete bullshit and the titans scored off it. No other home team in the comp gets a call like that against them. If you watch the set before that one of our players gets tackled all they call held. The low tackler then has another go and puts them on the ground. That was a clear penalty.
I think where us as Bulldogs fans get super frustrated is when the same scenario occurs on us (using the Tino elbow to Reed or even Victor Radley’s head butt on a Dragons player - if that was a blue and white jersey player, both are sin binnings no question, those muppets got away with it in game.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Seriously I just think it’s red bias and bunker bias for me - and yes they may be betting against us so there’s money for them involved - but I can’t see higher up controlling this - with their bias they will turn a blind eye because they don’t want to admit bias exists at all - dumb idiots

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tap refs phones.
Tao the bunker.
Tap Vlandys phone.
Tap Abdo phone.
You'll go close to getting an answer
Which phone;
The one the NRL issues him?
The one the AJC issues him?
His personal phone?
Or the burner that he makes all his "private" calls on?

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Lots of those 2nd goes in tackles yesterday HB. They were allowed a heap of latitude and push and shove after held called.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of those 2nd goes in tackles yesterday HB. They were allowed a heap of latitude and push and shove after held called.
Yep agreed.

I think the fact that we play at a neutral venue and have been down the ladder for a while doesnt help either. Like I said earlier there is no other home team that cops a penalty like that early in the game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep agreed.

I think the fact that we play at a neutral venue and have been down the ladder for a while doesnt help either. Like I said earlier there is no other home team that cops a penalty like that early in the game.
Or get legitimate ones ignored as frequently as us...we're just expected to suck it up lots of times.