NRL.com best forwards packs of 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
2. Rabbitohs
Starting pack: George Burgess, Issac Luke, Dave Tyrrell, Chris McQueen, John Sutton, Glenn Stewart
This one caused plenty of debate in the NRL.com offices. The pack that devoured all before them in 2014 on their way to an emotional premiership comes up just short of top spot in this list. Maybe it is because Clive Churchill Medal winner Sam Burgess has left, but that shouldn't detract from the fact this pack will still be a proverbial juggernaut. The addition of Glenn Stewart will add a new dimension to the bash and barge of previous seasons. With George Burgess's bullocking runs resembling that of a runaway train, there is a nice balance of hard-hitting front men, with ball-playing forwards. That's before you look at a bench containing the unheralded Jason Clarke, last year's breakout rookie Kyle Turner, George Burgess's twin Tom and ex-Panther with a point to prove Tim Grant.

1. Bulldogs
Starting pack: James Graham, Michael Lichaa, Aiden Tolman, Tony Williams, Josh Jackson, Greg Eastwood
Just edging out the Rabbitohs for top spot are the aptly named 'Dogs of war'. While inspirational leader Michael Ennis has left, there is still plenty of bark in this pack. Led by the best prop in the game James Graham, the Canterbury-Bankstown boys also boast an international back-row of Tony Williams, Josh Jackson and Greg Eastwood. Throw in new Kangaroo David Klemmer and New Zealand internationals Frank Pritchard and Sam Kasiano and you can see why they are at the top of our list. It is an incredibly formidable group of players that won't give opposition teams a moment's respite in 2015.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souffs are shiet without sammy boyle and benny teo. The rorters are our biggest threat and id have them at 2 and bris gronkos at 3 with the likes of thaiday, parker, gillet, mcguire, blair,

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Bulldogs starting pack:

James Graham
Michael Lichaa
Aiden Tolman
Tony Williams
Josh Jackson
Greg Eastwood
Just my opinion but Tony Williams is only working casual hours; he is still not pulling his weight. I'd much rather see David Klemmer in William's place. Klemmer is the full package: Size, pace, ball player, a punishing defender and fearless. Sam Kasiano? I really don't think Big Sam will ever recover from his injuries which would mean a sad ending to what would have been a great career.

But with James Graham leading and Adam Elliott and David Minute coming up from the juniors we will still have a very formidable and mobile pack.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Souffs are shiet without sammy boyle and benny teo. The rorters are our biggest threat and id have them at 2 and bris gronkos at 3 with the likes of thaiday, parker, gillet, mcguire, blair,
Broncos are good on paper but names on paper don't seem to age the same as players on the field. That's an old pack. It would be like having a whole pack of prichards. Solid but vulnerable in the later stages due to fatigue

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The knights pack ain't bad either pretty hard backrow if packer didn't stuff up they'd be very strong..sharks very strong pack up there with us warriors I'd have above south also I wouldn't have souths in top 5

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
14. kasiano
15. pritchard
16. klemmer
17. browne?

the bench is heavy as fuark

Status
Not open for further replies.