News NRL clubs can now select players from outside the Top 30. Here’s who is on your team’s radar

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to think we as a club haven't lost respect for players that command respect through loyalty and being great humans off and on the field !
We have Nadin Allen Alamoti and Schoupp for next year it's looking good !!!
I get your argument. Will is a good bloke and has been loyal...but in terms of the future, I'd rather see young blokes being given a shot. It makes the games far more exciting than seeing players like Napa and Hoppa, who have both been terrible, get a spot.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I mentioned it few weeks back that we should give Heleta a shot,I saw a photo of him on Facebook he looked like a beast will try find it again

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get your argument. Will is a good bloke and has been loyal...but in terms of the future, I'd rather see young blokes being given a shot. It makes the games far more exciting than seeing players like Napa and Hoppa, who have both been terrible, get a spot.
You have to remember what was available wasn't any better

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Watson Heleta is a gun centre then why the fuck is Hoppa still in the side? Why are we being loyal to plodders who won't be here next year?

I'd also add BBO to that list. I think he's injured at the moment but I'd love to see him get a shot this year
probably due to contract amount under the cap, but I agree so maybe he won't be soon now that these guys can be used. If we are to correctly understand what Baz said weeks ago about being unable to fix problems then and there but to wait until after round 10, we just might see Watson in first grade. He has been picked exclusively on the wing for Mounties, but was a centre at Wests. Schoup has plied his trade at centre so maybe got first dibs.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heleta is 25 now and has been in both the Tigers and Parra systems and couldn't crack their backlines. Biggest problem is defence, but is a bit of a nugget like Brian To'o and Christian Crichton.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Heleta is 25 now and has been in both the Tigers and Parra systems and couldn't crack their backlines. Biggest problem is defence, but is a bit of a nugget like Brian To'o and Christian Crichton.
5'8" according to ZT

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor 6'5" look out for our raging bull hope returning in a month to 6 weeks!! 8-)

Heleta is likely onle ever going to be a stop gap because of injury and poorly performed types ahead of him, doubt he is an option at all going forward.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's a weapon. Would have him over Allen hoppa and Katoa

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He reminds me a bit of Willie Talau.I think Baz should give him a go with nothing to loose .Time to give Hoppa a spell,even Allen for that matter .