NRL club chairmen walk out as Todd Greenberg and John Grant backflip on funding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't it reason enough to get rid of him when he clearly didn't know the names of teams or players over the last few years? I understand his job is the business side of things, but if you don't know team names you don't know your product and are bound to suck at the job.

If every single team has voted no confidence, I really don't see how he can come out and say "nah, I'm staying, and I also would like teams to stop talking about alternatives, its not helpful (to me)"
Maybe its a case of *fingers in the ears* "la la la la la im not listening".

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When all 16 clubs want you gone, just go. Take your likely massive exit package and start your next endeavour (or just go sip cocktails on the beach).

Hanging around will not secure your job - it only prolongs the inevitable and reduces your future earning capacity.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Look, I usually disagree with everything Ray Dib says/does (and I've met the guy personally), but this is one thing I agree with him on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only club representative holding firm is Rebecca Frizelle of...surprise, surprise Titans, currently propped up by the NRL, who benefited in a big way in signing Hayne. She has decided not to join the other fifteen clubs in their vote of no confidence.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only club representative holding firm is Rebecca Frizelle of...surprise, surprise Titans, currently propped up by the NRL, who benefited in a big way in signing Hayne. She has decided not to join the other fifteen clubs in their vote of no confidence.
Nice spot, @dogluva, Frizelle is in a very unstacked club of n=1

~c.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw Grant on TV a couple of days aho having the audacity to say he will still be in the job in 5 years time.

Reminds me of a dictator who would rather slay his own countrymen than just step aside when its obvious he inst wanted by the people.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw Grant on TV a couple of days aho having the audacity to say he will still be in the job in 5 years time.

Reminds me of a dictator who would rather slay his own countrymen than just step aside when its obvious he inst wanted by the people.
From the get go he stated that he was anticipating a long stay in the NRL until he got things in order.....

For someone who is entrusted with the running of the game, I find it quite humorous that he could not even get the names of certain clubs correct..... Do Manly Seagulls and Cronulla Hawks ring a bell? We got rid of the bloke who created the new superstar player Benji Barba.... cya later John Grunt.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty clear hell now give the clubs whatever they want now to suck up and to keep his job ,the guy is a schocker

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't be suprised if he's gone by the end of the week.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Commission unanimously supports John Grant

The Independent Commission has pledged their unanimous and resolute support for Chairman John Grant. Credit: Grant Trouville. Copyright: NRL Photos.

--

The seven Independent Commissioners of the Australian Rugby League have pledged their unanimous and resolute support for Chairman John Grant.

The Commissioners said the clubs were within their rights to call a General Meeting to test support for the Chairman.

The ARL Commission will hold a General Meeting on 20 December 2016 to put the resolution to all members.

"But it is highly disappointing that they have taken this course of action given John's unwavering commitment to the game over the last five years," the Commissioners said.

"John's appointment as inaugural Chair recognised his qualities as a successful business man, who as a former Kangaroo, was ideally suited to take the game forward. He has since undertaken his role without bias and with the best interests of the game as his priority at all times.

"The Commission has an obligation to do what is right for the whole of game, not only for the elite game but also for grassroots, the women's game, participation and our digital future – and that is what we have sought to achieve.

"We unanimously and resolutely support John and believe it is in the best interests of the game for him to remain as Chair."

The Commissioners said the only way of reaching agreement on club funding was for all parties to reconvene and work out a solution.

"We would urge the clubs to accept our invitation to engage in open dialogue at the earliest opportunity," they said.

--

http://www.nrl.com/commission-unanimously-supports-john-grant/tabid/10874/newsid/102792/default.aspx

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Grant is pretty much gone. They will decide his fate in December via vote, and pretty much all 16 NRL clubs will vote against him. The others, even IF they all support him, still will not outnumber the clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.