NRL cancelled for the rest of the weekend

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This country is fucked. 6 new cases in all of QLD and they shut the NRL down.

Scheduled AFL, NRL, and Super Netball games for today have been postponed, following the Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young confirming all professional sports would be postponed until at least 4pm on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its not official yet that all games are cancelled for the weekend. But seems likely. Apparently the NRL are trying to find a way to play tomorrow with the Qld govt.

One thing i dont understand. Why couldnt the Souths vs St George match go ahead? Its outside the lockdown zone. They also say while souths made it to rockhampton, st goerge's plane was turned around. Why? The lockdown doesnt start until 4pm (so plenty of time to fly there before it). The match was due to start an hour before the lockdown even starts

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its not official yet that all games are cancelled for the weekend. But seems likely. Apparently the NRL are trying to find a way to play tomorrow with the Qld govt.

One thing i dont understand. Why couldnt the Souths vs St George match go ahead? Its outside the lockdown zone. They also say while souths made it to rockhampton, st goerge's plane was turned around. Why? The lockdown doesnt start until 4pm (so plenty of time to fly there before it). The match was due to start an hour before the lockdown even starts
QLD health minister said all games are cancelled.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Scheduled AFL, NRL, and Super Netball games for today have been postponed, following the Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young confirming all professional sports would be postponed until at least 4pm on Tuesday.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

What of someone on the plane from Brisbane has C19 and brings it with them?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Indooroopilly school has over 1200 students and staff, its 3 stops by train to the brisbane city center, this latest outbreak could spread enormously and very fast if its as contagious as health officials are claiming, thousands of students from a host of different schools around Indooroopilly would have all been traveling on the rail and bus network along with the thousands of people going to and from work at the same time, including a lot who would have gone to the early game last night at suncorp,

this will either explode in next couple of days or be another false alarm

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Indooroopilly school has over 1200 students and staff, its 3 stops by train to the brisbane city center, this latest outbreak could spread enormously and very fast if its as contagious as health officials are claiming, thousands of students from a host of different schools around Indooroopilly would have all been traveling on the rail and bus network along with the thousands of people going to and from work at the same time, including a lot who would have gone to the early game last night at suncorp,

this will either explode in next couple of days or be another false alarm
A sibling of the 17 yo has passed it on to a teacher at another school that has closed for 2 weeks.

There's major events all the way up the coast now cancelled not just the bloody NRL.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A sibling of the 17 yo has passed it on to a teacher at another school that has closed for 2 weeks.

There's major events all the way up the coast now cancelled not just the bloody NRL.
i got no issue with all events being cancelled, cannot work out how racing can continue in qld, ekka staff been sent home not allowed on ekka grounds for 24 hours

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i got no issue with all events being cancelled, cannot work out how racing can continue in qld, ekka staff been sent home not allowed on ekka grounds for 24 hours
Go figure with some of the decisions its true...but I trust there are valid, facts based reasons why. Our towns biggest event now been cancelled and people I know have lost thousands $$ in food wastage etc.

If these people, and so many others, are sacrificing for the greater good, whether they choose to or not, then the rest of us entitled whingers can suck it up.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think horse racing stopped anywhere during covid in Australia. Follow the money I suppose....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Go figure with some of the decisions its true...but I trust there are valid, facts based reasons why. Our towns biggest event now been cancelled and people I know have lost thousands $$ in food wastage etc.

If these people, and so many others, are sacrificing for the greater good, whether they choose to or not, then the rest of us entitled whingers can suck it up.
Ekka hasn't been cancelled yet, has it? (Notwithstanding it starts in a week).

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ekka hasn't been cancelled yet, has it? (Notwithstanding it starts in a week).
not yet, however everyone on the ekka grounds were ordered to stop what they were doing and leave the site immediately, more info be given out tomorrow