News NRL bosses to pocket $1m in bonuses despite grand final debacle

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
500 million that's shit. Most of us on here could have beaten that!

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
500 million dollars vs losing 500 thousand supporters a year isnt sustainable for too much longer.
Especially when 99 percent of the rugby league community want roosters kicked out of comp for obvous reasons and are turning off at a rapid rate. Dont get me started on the refereeing and Greenbergs rules.
Seriously considering introducing my son to afl the way the game is going, it pains me to say that.
With all this new bullshit they need to drop it back to 12 a side
So true........the NRL are an absolute basket case. If you'd said to me 20 years ago that the AFL would be seriously challenging Leugue as the top winter game in Sydney I would have laughed in your face....but its happening slowly but surely.

I recently moved to the St.George/Kogarah area (a supposed RL heartland), and everywhere I go I see banners up advertising for parents to sign up their kids to play AFL. Haven't seen even one for kids Rugby League. The AFL are slowly eroding RL's traditional supporter base and one day they will wake up and wonder what the fuck just happened.

And the worst thing about it is that CEO's like Greenturd seem to be totally oblivious to it. It's like if you put a frog in a saucepan of cold water and put it on the stove....it will never notice its being slowly boiled to death until it's too late.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The stats tell us that the support level from fans is falling off. The fans I've spoken to look at the standard of refereeing and the fact that they're not able to make sense of so many decisions as part of the problem. I've heard so many others complain that the decision makers mete out punishment for rule breaking in an unbalanced manner. Many people are pissed off about other things like allowing a gambling agency to become a significant influence in the game.

At the end of the day the game seems poorly managed these days and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. League is the only sport I follow and I'm at the point where I find it difficult to still follow it.

If the administration deserves bonuses for sending the game into a state where the fans can't stand it it's truly screwed up.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a joke , Crowds down, population up and no increase in spectators following the game but the crooks give themselves a pat on the back and a bonus for being incompetent. Getting a bonus for failing they have it made