News NRL BACK ON!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
just for your entertainment
Yeah well that too, but if you take that out of the equation they will still have to take a significant pay cut or get nothing if they're not playing NRL for an extended period of time... they aren't in a position to take risks.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NRL 9’s was one weekend and outside a pandemic.
The current situation is 8 weeks and within one.
Sorry but you can’t compare the two.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Hotels and Food for some 800 people and the NRL is paying all of it just to keep the competition going. The only way they can keep the costs down is keep it in one place / proximity - hence Brisneyland Gold and Sunny Coasts. With state borders closing on each other and managing the bio security requirements having the competition in multiple states simply isn’t feasible at this point in time.
I see you points. But wa has a easy to navigate road system. With a airport near Perth that has limited traffic.
If one state and one state only. We would have been better in WA then Qld. It has massive support over there. And grounds available. Qld was a wrong choice in my opinion.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
St George team didn't even leave their hotel to catch their flight.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fcuk its sooo boring without the footy in the background!!

Should have just set up a bubble and taken it to the country the slippery wankers.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ffs i was looking forward to tonights big game and tomorrow us loosing 80 nil and even that we can't watch! What else can go wrongggg

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No free ticket out of wooden spoon, own it the club thoroughly deserves it for F**king up.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring them up to Cairns..
Dogs v Titans game was a strong chance of being played in Cairns anyway just a few months ago..
Not sure what changed..maybe just the fact that we are based in GC anyway..
All teams could do worse than being based in our resorts ..lol
COVID doesn’t seem to like our humidity

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why did we let players out in the community... I thought V'landys was smarter than that.
LOL. They only just get out their little bubble less than a week ago....

The NRL's strict COVID bubble is set to burst on Wednesday with players to be granted their freedom again for the first time in a month.

The majority of players will complete their two-week quarantine stint on Wednesday, after travelling from NSW and the ACT earlier this month.

The NRL had promised they would assess the situation in south-east Queensland then, before making the next call.

That risk has been deemed as minimal, meaning players will now return to the same light level-one protocols that were in place when Sydney was COVID-free this year.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty sure it Wasn't the Afghans who "stole" the land from the Aborigines (SORRY) Indeginous people here already,so your reply is just completely Worthless!!
Mate quote was before I researched so relax bud lol

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
GT, Torker, Skyway. I had a Freestyler
Id forgotten the GT and Torker, havent heard or thought of these names in years.
CW and I think there was a brand called Vector aswell.
Though I couldn't afford any of these pushies back in the day, I had slappers.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A
Id forgotten the GT and Torker, havent heard or thought of these names in years.
CW and I think there was a brand called Vector aswell.
Though I couldn't afford any of these pushies back in the day, I had slappers.
REDLINE & MONGOOSE were my mode of transport back in the mid to late 80’s..
Good times..even with the gravel rash grazes..lol