News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not as mad about this because we did end up signing a good young half that can play on a right side but Moses still would of been nice. Its about a mil saved in the cap as well. Moley, Webster and Weidler are probably the more credible sources in the media now as they all work at channel 9 with Gus so this is probably true. We move, Lenui and some forward next please
Is that Jacko with a mouthful of anus in your profile picture ?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small problem Moses is FAR from proven and you are paying 1.4 million for the gamble no thanks. Half that and then maybe. Under no circumstances is he a million dollar half plus 400k! That is horrible overpaying. There is a line to paying what you would call overs.
I get Moses hasn’t yet won a premiership but wen Nathan Cleary and Jahrome Hughes aren’t available you go for next best. Eels made the finals in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, I think it’s fair enough to say he’s proven. When was the last time we made the finals on the back of our “potential” halfback?

You gotta be in it to win it.

If you think you will get a decent halfback for less than a million dollars under todays salary cap I think you’ll be in for a rude shock. And for the record, the Tigers are offering $1.4M not Gus…

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Once Karl is ready let’s say 2 years, burto will be a more seasoned and experienced half who will take most of the pressure off the young lad. Burto had his first season at 5/8 in first grade and did it pretty well. Keen to see him improve every year.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fuck Mitchell Moses, fuck the ****. Overrated flop. Parra scum can suck my dick and he can suck Guthos for another 4 years the fucking snob. KO clears

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get Moses hasn’t yet won a premiership but wen Nathan Cleary and Jahrome Hughes aren’t available you go for next best. Eels made the finals in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, I think it’s fair enough to say he’s proven. When was the last time we made the finals on the back of our “potential” halfback?

If you think you will get a decent halfback for less than a million dollars under todays salary cap I think you’ll be in for a rude shock. And for the record, the Tigers are offering $1.4M not Gus…
Agreed....i think we need someone like Moses for the next 4 years until we have someone ready....id be shocked if FGus doesnt have another experienced half on his radar

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus probably caught on that Moses and his manager were using the Tigers, Eels and Bulldogs against one another as leverage to milk the absolute most financially. We don’t need a player with that as his motivation to be leading the club over the next four years, we want someone who’s priority is to win flags and be a better player.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gus probably caught on that Moses and his manager were using the Tigers, Eels and Bulldogs against one another as leverage to milk the absolute most financially. We don’t need a player with that as his motivation to be leading the club over the next four years, we want someone who’s priority is to win flags and be a better player.
My read on it too. Then when this kid became an option he jumped there with the reality probably can buy him, George Williams and leinu for less than Fucking moses now.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan was potentially very good in the lower grades. Wakeham was potentially very good. Averillo was a potentially very good half. How did all that potential work out for us? We need a proven halfback, no more waiting on potential. It’s been way too long.

Not sure if you remember our 2008 season we were wooden spooners. Enter Brett Kimmorley and a few other signings and we get to the Prelim Final in 2009. Most of our performances that year were off the back of Brett Kimmorley. Don’t underestimate the value of a proven and experienced halfback
We also got Mick Ennis that year. Could argue the hooker made a bigger difference. Not to mention Josh Morris, Eastwood, Stagg and a heap more lower names.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed....i think we need someone like Moses for the next 4 years until we have someone ready....id be shocked if FGus doesnt have another experienced half on his radar
Unfortunately there aren’t any. That’s why Moses is looking at cashing in big time. There is nobody competing against him.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You offer the RIGHT one that amount not the first one on the market. Don’t care if it’s 1.2 or 1.4 that’s way overs. Thank goodness hope he stays at Parra.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You offer the RIGHT one that amount not the first one on the market. Don’t care if it’s 1.2 or 1.4 that’s way overs. Thank goodness hope he stays at Parra.
I think his heart is in parramatta. He’s just squeezing as much as he can from them. He knows it’s his last major contract.