News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But also there were no QLD teams and that it was a 10 team comp.
Eels
Bulldoggs
Wests
Balmain
St George
Penrith
Norths
Easts
South’s
No Penriff back then... I think they joined with Cronulla in 1967 but you left Manly out....

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it goes back to 1998 smart Alec that’s why I edited my post to say 25 years ago don’t think I’m dumb I’m one of the most knowledgeable guys here with this stuff IN FACT I will go one better and tell u how it all started.
In 1996 the eels signed 4 of our players and raised us the way we raid the panthers and this got soem of the fans off side but it came to full on war in that game in 1998 where eels was winning. Then went to extra time because of Paul carige chip kicking on the last from 10m to his own line (wtf) and then Polls Mounter nearly got a field goal but we still won.
After that the rivalry was born and then after that eels and dogs games have been next level and both lift.
We pumped them this last season despite them being minor premiers almost and the year befrie we beat them something like 6-4 because of Meaney there is always something special in these games last two decades since that game.
FMD, I am literally hosing myself !!!!

Reactions: CMP

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crushers Gold Coast somewhere my memories hazy
First Gold Coast team were the Gold Coast Tweed Giants.

1674428260718.png
The Gold Coast-Tweed Giants were admitted to the New South Wales Rugby League premiership for the 1988 season, along with the Brisbane Broncos and Newcastle Knights. Due to a clause in Brisbane's licence, only one team (the Broncos) could play in South-East Queensland. As a result, the Giants played out of the now demolished Seagulls Stadium in Tweed Heads, New South Wales, just over the border, which was home to the Tweed Heads Seagulls RLFC.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trolls are winning.. There are ten different tangents right now other than discussing Moses. Just ignore them. Nasheed says deliberately dumb and ignorant shit through his 20 accounts to get these reactions and hijack the discussion..
I don’t think Nasheed is some criminal mastermind with 20 accounts here like u think.

I reckon the great man is sitting in his apartment, blaring rap in the background, sitting at his PC shirtless with his bandanna on and baggy white pants, surrounded by his crew of fully sick area boys just chilling and discussing gang stuff, logging onto the kennel every so often to look over us but also shaking his head in disbelief and amusement how often he gets mentioned here.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go and do some research then...
We won 4 premierships in 9 years from 1980-88 and including the year before 1979 we also made another 2 grand finals so that's 6 of 1O GF's on my abacus..us and Parra where the dominant forces of the 80s.
To be fair it’s not an easy thing to research

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%
new posters should serve a probation and only post in a beginners thread until proven worthy of full TK membership
Or be nominated by a long serving member
The irony is if we went by your endorsement idea the first gold star member will be…..
Nasheed.

the reason being is for whatever reason he gets strong reactions in this place. Some hate him, some honestly love him. U should have seen them talk about him at my school. So the ones that love him will sell their soul to endorse him.

The problem for the types that come here to say ‘yeah big year bulldogs yeah’ and ‘Matt Button mad player’ and ‘we need a halfback’ might not get any hate but they get no love too.
And honestly some users here act very feral and get away with it. I can’t believe @Bulldogsteve for example is not banned. Bad language. Misinformation. Abuse. Legit racism to Indians it hurts me to read.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It makes sense that Moses will sign in the next week or so.

Kikau signed and then Mahoney signed a week later. It’s our pattern. Panthers then Parra. All the neighbours seeing that there’s a better party going on down the road…..

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From 88 to 1998 is a large time period where they didnt clash again in a final.
Me personally the rival thing started 1998.

You also can't compare 80's to the present mate. Come on man.
1956 to 1966 St George won every grandfinal due to unlimited tackles. The game was different.
I get that you’re young, but don’t say stupid things. It makes you sound like an idiot. Learn from your elders who have experienced different eras. The Dogs and Eels owned the 80s and that’s when the rivalry began. The Parra Eagles rivalry started in the 70s ffs and is still discussed today.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But also there were no QLD teams and that it was a 10 team comp.
Eels
Bulldoggs
Wests
Balmain
St George
Penrith
Norths
Easts
South’s
Just stop you moron. Canberra and the Steelers joined the comp in 82 and where the fuck are the Sharks and Manly?