News NRL 2023: Cameron Ciraldo, Canterbury Bulldogs, coaching staff, Josh Addo-Carr, Josh Reynolds, Matt Burton

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I prefer when they write hate pieces about us, all this fairy floss shit is giving me hives..
Same here..albeit i didnt fn read this shit "tldr" as the millennials say lol
I cbf with the blah and fluff just GET IN tomorrow boys!!

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for the warm and fuzzies to end. Winning footy games is what this whole thing is about. Time to go out there and do it!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo’s solid defence and Potters eyes up throw the ball around random attack can win us this game ..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There are column inches for journalist to fill, there are minutes on the TV for presenters to fill, every NRL team is required by their Licence to do their share of media work and every NRL player is required by their contract to do their share of media work. There is no chance of zero media, there are 2 options, it's either pumping us up or puling us down, there is no "shut up and let actions do the talking".

Would you farkers rather read negative bullshit about us, because that's what they will write, publish and talk about if we don't give them plenty of positives to fullfill their requirements.

Always a Bulldog

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“I’d look at Penrith and think ‘why can’t people score?’ — I know why now.
Good article and we’ve heard plenty about the feel good stuff but this quote above gets me hopeful. Gee it’d be nice not to concede 20 or 30 points a game.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I prefer when they write hate pieces about us, all this fairy floss shit is giving me hives..
While I get a bit shitty about their negative articles, I also have trouble reading this crap rehashed. It feels like the players are competing for the brown tongue prize. Whoever licks the coaches ass the best gets a free happy meal.

I don't want to be negative but there's still every chance that Ciraldo might give the players a warm fuzzy feeling, but still not be the mastermind we hope he'll be.

Save the praise until we've played ten or more games with a positive winning record under him.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hello Kennelers. first post. Long time reader

I feel like this could go one of two ways; the hype is true and we surprise on the upside, because if our roster stays healthy, is well coached and performs, I think it's truly capable of giving it a run towards a later season finish than we've become used to.

Or, it's like the false dawns of the past with Pay, Barrett, otherwise. So much promise and then we can't seem to produce on the field, both physically and mentally. I actually didn't mind them as men/people but they clearly weren't what our club needed in their coach.

So far I'm excited and encouraged by what's happening at the club I've loved and followed all my life. I hope we start well.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ciraldo’s solid defence and Potters eyes up throw the ball around random attack can win us this game ..
unfortunately it is going to take another 12 months, especially with a lack of front rowers. remember paton at the cows didnt start clicking until his 2nd year.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing I get from this is its just the beginning, sounds like there is a lot to learn with phrases like "the boys are just starting to get it", that tells me whatever we see in round 1 will only be a glimpse of what's to come - come mid season and later.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe. It was more like we met a real opponent against the Sharks. Raiders were hopeless in all their games.
Not doubting we played an inferior team but we also played a completely different game. There was no forwards running offmahoney close to the line and we just kept shifting the ball. It was totally different.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You would hope that’s the case as it looked like some players were told to just get through the game. All these articles have put a lot of extra pressure on Ciro and the team. I’m expecting to see a brick wall in defence this year
I hope we see the Dogz of war mentallity... We defended the Sharks very well in the first 1/4 of the trial and smashed the raiders to bits pinning in the corner all game. Here's hoping were a professional outfit again...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Less chit chat more action.. JR and the fox will both kill it this year with their passion and enthusiasm and ENERGY!!! It’s what we need an hopefully it catches on. Because these two alone will be the pride of the doggies and I think will thrive off each other well.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately it is going to take another 12 months, especially with a lack of front rowers. remember paton at the cows didnt start clicking until his 2nd year.
Definitely light on metre eaters, thats why I think our best option is to be defence focused and frustrate them, when we have the ball don’t stress about points, put it through the hands and kick early to fatigue them, score the points once we’ve tired them out ....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is the ace up the sleeve for Ciraldo.

He can hold him until that Belmore game vs Tiger