News NRL 2021 casualty ward: Bulldogs lose Christian Crichton to serious knee injury

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: never good to lose a player and never good for a player to be injured. Hopefully he recovers well. Go dogs

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Possibilities-

- Request to Storm for early release of the Fox for 2021 on compassionate grounds (compassion for our situation)
OR
- Request to Panthers for early release of Burton for 2021 & in return we take Mansour for the remainder & full freight of his contract for next year only & we give Mansour an extra 50 to 100k for his inconvenience.

As well as one of the above, this is the one I like the most

- In a show of good faith, during negotiations we offer Christian a new minimum wage contract for 2 years which is incentive based "IF" his brother Stephen agrees to terms with us & signs a long term deal. Now we got some heart strings we can pull on at the negotiation table. (Love U Ivan)
After All, we are "The Family Club".

Most of all I wish Christian all the best for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Possibilities-

- Request to Storm for early release of the Fox for 2021 on compassionate grounds (compassion for our situation)
OR
- Request to Panthers for early release of Burton for 2021 & in return we take Mansour for the remainder & full freight of his contract for next year only & we give Mansour an extra 50 to 100k for his inconvenience.

As well as one of the above, this is the one I like the most

- In a show of good faith, during negotiations we offer Christian a new minimum wage contract for 2 years which is incentive based "IF" his brother Stephen agrees to terms with us & signs a long term deal. Now we got some heart strings we can pull on at the negotiation table. (Love U Ivan)
After All, we are "The Family Club".

Most of all I wish Christian all the best for a speedy recovery.
U can’t blackmail his brother like that haha they’d hate us for trying that. Especially when we’re not gonna be playing Christian in first grade if we re-sign him

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U can’t blackmail his brother like that haha they’d hate us for trying that. Especially when we’re not gonna be playing Christian in first grade if we re-sign him
But if we guarantee an income for his brothers family through this tough time then that's a good thing as we're all about family. Who else will sign him off contract after a knee reco?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever doesn’t think we need Mansour for 2021 is smoking something. We are so short on depth with experienced backs it’s not funny. I’d be happy to take Mansour on 2 years. He is miles ahead of any young kids we have coming through. That’s just my personal opinion but I highly doubt we will be getting jac or Burton for 2021

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But if we guarantee an income for his brothers family through this tough time then that's a good thing as we're all about family. Who else will sign him off contract after a knee reco?
Even without the knee reco he'd struggle to get another top 30 gig.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whoever doesn’t think we need Mansour for 2021 is smoking something. We are so short on depth with experienced backs it’s not funny. I’d be happy to take Mansour on 2 years. He is miles ahead of any young kids we have coming through. That’s just my personal opinion but I highly doubt we will be getting jac or Burton for 2021
We don't need Mansour for 22 or 23 which is the main problem. Mansour wants a 3 year deal. If we wait long enough and there are no takers maybe we can get him for 1 year but I doubt it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoping we might see a bit of him this year, he was quick, wish him a speedy recovery.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mansour on 3 years doesn't make sense to us and 1 year doesn't make sense to him.
Honestly 2 years is a good median point if he was interested and had no takers.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Giving the Storm a free kick with Reimis now looks likely to hurt our depth in the backs

If the Melbourne/Canterbury-Bankstown mutual respect and professionalism is true as Hilly says then I expect JAC to be fast tracked /loaned call it what you want for 2021

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Milner-skudder would be a nice addition.. it's time for steve hansen to get in someone's ear.. surely there are talented rugby players like him who are missing out on all blacks selection and could be persuaded to join

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Salary cap relief or can we drop him off out top 30

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Milner-skudder would be a nice addition.. it's time for steve hansen to get in someone's ear.. surely there are talented rugby players like him who are missing out on all blacks selection and could be persuaded to join
Skudder has been mud for like the last 4 years

You are right though plenty more fish in the NZ rugby sea

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skudder has been mud for like the last 4 years

You are right though plenty more fish in the NZ rugby sea
Oh okay.. explains why he keeps missing AB selection.. I don't watch much/any super rugby.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t change our back 5 just our depth really.
Avo, DWZ, Cotric, Hoppa and probably Meaney until Okonbur is fit.
If Schoupp is as good as everyone says, push Cotric or Hoppa to wing until Ok is back. Dunno

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doesn’t change our back 5 just our depth really.
Avo, DWZ, Cotric, Hoppa and probably Meaney until Okonbur is fit.
If Schoupp is as good as everyone says, push Cotric or Hoppa to wing until Ok is back. Dunno
Could just play Schoupp wing also. Gets him use to contact taking some hard early carries, he's got the build for it