Now that we are out of finals contention....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Only place he is going next week is to the bank to cash his check and laugh his arse off.
Where else in the world can you get a extended contract and payrise when your work performance is getting worse and their is no pressure.
Hasler must be meeting his "KPI's".........

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm off to the Himalayas to hibernate until des is gone now that we are out of contention.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think i have ever watched a bulldogs game in 30 years expecting to lose. Sadly, this is now where its at. Jagging a win is a major surprise!! What have we become? Why are we so so terrible? A whole lot of things need to change
If we are to turn it around. Sacking hasler is just the beginning unfortunately. When your reserve grade team is playing better football then first grade its time to worry.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Spoonman says, the salary caps for NRL and second tier are pretty complicated and unfortunately mean you can't necessarily just chuck a bunch of lower grade guys into top grade and vice versa.
You have a good idea but I do not want any of the ISP players or NYC players playing under Des, can see the likely hood of Des destroying the careers. our season is well and truly over.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did Hasler sign Kennar if he insists on playing Holland and Stanley in front of him? Same with Brenko Lee. Nothing he does makes any sense. I feel sorry for all the guys in reserves busting their asses that can't get a crack in a team that's near last.

If it is cap related, then this just proves how dumb that rule is. If you can't blood youngsters at the end of a lost season then when can you blood them? Surely common sense would prevail...
I rather leave thing as they are at present we cant make the 8 but we could give the ISP comp a shake which will give the talented players in the team some confidence for a promotion next year.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's taken you until now to realise the season is gone? It went four weeks ago. The win against the Knights was a fluke; unplanned, and a gift from an unlucky kick.

Last night was the true Bulldogs. Off to a promising start, then total surrender. The Knights game was trending the same way except for Mby's lucky charge down.
Talk about culture shifts, ex-players would be cringing the way we are responding in critical moments of games.. once upon a time we would have risen to the challenge and it would have been the forwards standing up tall and leading the way. There's no leadership out there... most of the senior guys have lost their huff and puff... Reynolds has gone quiet since the signing, Tolman tries but is way too diplomatic out in the middle, Jackson lets his actions do the talking, Klemmer much the same, but they are both still very young and probably feel out of line laying down the law this early in their careers so there's no one of any old school stature pumping up and giving it to the team when the going gets tough.
Even Graham has gone into his shell this year in key moments, the fire is gone my friends and a clean out of the dead wood with a new leadership and coaching structure is needed.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its incredible to think last year we were 4'th in round 19..We have fallen so spectacularly from that point to now

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanna see them still play with a bit of heart and continue to work on our game so theres a bit of pride in the jersey.
Things like getting the defense structure right for the 80 and forcing the pass without looking.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye to Fullback.. worth a crack

Im convinced it would be a very successful move
Except in defence and under the highball then it will be a disaster.

I'm interested how you think you know how it will go better than the coach staff who work with the guy every day?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Our season is gone. Anyone who says otherwise has just watched their first NRL game.

Will Hasler change things or try things?

Surely its time to try some of the younger guys especially in the halves and backline.

Lewis or Cleeland must get a crack. Lichaa on the bench is like have a spare tyre on a boat. The Morris boys have gotten old very quickly. Chase Stanley is an injury waiting to happen. And Hoppa, well I wish church was on Thursday-Sunday.

But Hasler is a stubborn old fool and will persist with the same crap because he trusts his calculator and that calculator is telling him we are still a chance of making the finals.
2nd tier is capped out.
Remaining season will see little experiment in this regard.
Also without a preseason working together in defence pattens we will just see more blow puts like Thursday.
I would prefer the team to try and get to 10 wins and finish in front of Souffs.
Not drop our Bundle.

Somehow I don’t think they club will resign Stanley.
Move Hoppa to centre next season and try someone else at fullback.
Even though I think Hoppa has been in out top 3 all season.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Except in defence and under the highball then it will be a disaster.

I'm interested how you think you know how it will go better than the coach staff who work with the guy every day?
Can't see how defence would be an issue for him at fullback, any more than it would in his current role, or at hooker for that matter. He has the speed to cover, and technique he can learn.

As for catching, fuck, Barba actively ran AWAY from the ball when he started and went on to win the Dally M....so again, this is a skill that he can be developed.

He's got the tools to make a go of it. Recently his cleaning up of grubbers in goal, and subsequent runs out have shown promise....why the fuck not at least experiment and find out over the next month or so?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't see how defence would be an issue for him at fullback, any more than it would in his current role, or at hooker for that matter. He has the speed to cover, and technique he can learn.

As for catching, fuck, Barba actively ran AWAY from the ball when he started and went on to win the Dally M....so again, this is a skill that he can be developed.

He's got the tools to make a go of it. Recently his cleaning up of grubbers in goal, and subsequent runs out have shown promise....why the fuck not at least experiment and find out over the next month or so?
Maybe.
But I belive you need a preseasons work to prepare for the fullback position.
If they do that next season and play Hoppa at centre ok.
But you can't throw players into a new position and expect miracles.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now we're out of the finals contention.....I wish we would experiment with a new coach. Could have been a real possibility if certain halfwits didn't re-sign Hasler.

As Dib said judge him at the end of the season, and if you have the power to vote make sure you do.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This whole season has been a continuation of the horse shit we dished up at the end of last season. Despite supposedly changing our attack, our default style of play is the same old shit, which threatens no one.

At some point you would think fucknose would throw caution to the wind, and experiment with the players he's got to understand what they're capable of, with zero pressure on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.