Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Glory days my friend - Yeah baby ! :becky:

Two legs Vs Blackpool

Then some other Neville's.

And back in the Premier League where we belong.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
and then youll go back down to the championship the season after

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
sorry ck

ottm Forest 3 - 4 Blackpool (agg 4 - 6)
Nottingham Forest v Blackpool

Nottm Forest 3-4 Blackpool (agg 4-6)

By Paul Fletcher
BBC Sport at the City Ground

DJ Campbell scored a dramatic second-half hat-trick as Blackpool sealed their place in the Championship play-off final with a devastating display of counter-attacking football at Nottingham Forest.

Blackpool twice came from behind to defeat a Forest side that had been unbeaten in 20 home games and had not conceded at the City Ground in more than 12 hours.

The last team to win at Forest had been Blackpool, who have now beaten Billy Davies' team in all four meetings this season and are just 90 minutes from returning to the top flight of English football for the first time since 1971.

Davies indicated after his team lost Saturday's first-leg tie 2-1 that he expected a strong performance at home - and when Robert Earnshaw struck early for Forest that appeared to be on the cards.

But Campbell's deft strike after the break levelled and despite Earshaw smashing another for Forest, Pool struck three in seven devastating minutes to seal victory.

Substitute Stephen Dobbie had a hand in all three, scoring with a deflected strike after 72 minutes before creating an opening Campbell converted and then seeing his strike parried for the Tangerines' red-hot striker to complete his hat-trick.

Dele Adebola struck a close-range consolation but Blackpool took a 6-4 aggregate victory as Ian Holloway's team continued a scintillating run of form that had seen them win seven of their previous nine games.

There was little sign of the second-half drama when Forest's bright start to the game was rewarded when Earnshaw put them in front.

Alex Baptiste should have dealt with Radoslaw Majewski's through ball but it was allowed to reach the Wales international, who struck it across Matt Gilks and into the bottom corner.

A looping through ball shortly afterwards found Earnshaw onside once again but this time Baptise manage to block the striker's effort, while Chris Cohen narrowly missed with a low strike and Dexter Blackstock ended a jinking, penetrating run with a weak strike.

Forest looked to have a grip on the contest and Holloway could be seen imploring his players to play higher up the pitch.

But although Blackpool struggled to build any sustained first-half pressure, they looked to deliver troubling crosses into the Forest box whenever possible and certainly appeared to have drawn some of Forest's sting by the break.

PAUL FLETCHER'S BLOG
This could be the defining season in Holloway's career... if he had become known more for his pithy, metaphor-heavy one-liners, then this season he has deliberately toned down the gags and let his side's results do the talking

They also came agonisingly close to an equaliser when the inspirational Charlie Adam drew an amazing fingertip save from Lee Camp with a savage long-range strike that looked destined to find the top corner.

The Forest bench had been frustrated on the stroke of half-time when a touch-and-go offside decision denied Blackstock a clean run at goal.

And they were incensed when Earnshaw had the ball in the net shortly after the restart only to be foiled once again by the offside flag, although replays suggested the decision was correct.

A scrappy period of play followed but that came to an abrupt end when Campbell struck, superbly lifting the ball beyond Camp after collecting Adam's through ball.

There was an understandable new-found urgency to Forest's play and their desperation was clear to see when Earnshaw imploringly appealed for a penalty after a 20-yard strike from the striker was blocked by Baptiste.

Frustration turned to celebration after 66 minutes when Earnshaw buried his six-yard strike into the roof of the net after Blackstock nudged a cross from the right-hand side into his path.

An increasingly dramatic match turned in Blackpool's favour once again when Dobbie's long-range strike took a wicked deflection and left Camp powerless, levelling the scores at 2-2 and putting the Tangerines 3-2 ahead on aggregate.

Forest almost immediately replied but Gilks denied Blackstock's six-yard poke and saved Earnshaw's follow-up with his legs.

The tie took a decisive turn when Dobbie continued his impressive cameo by exchanging passes with Campbell, who struck the ball beyond Camp with a curling strike.

And after Camp could only parry a strike from Dobbie, Campbell tapped home the rebound to complete his hat-trick and seal Blackpool's place in the play-off final at Wembley.

Campbell almost scored a fourth but his strike crashed off the crossbar, while Adebola's close-range finish was nothing more than a consolation for a Forest team that will have to try again next season.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
:roflol: another season in the bunker CK

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I'm depressed ... everybody leave me alone or I take out you and your village !

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
:bump:

2012/2013 = 8pts from 4 matches and equal 2nd place.

It's on again. Here we come. ... :thumb:

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:bump:

2012/2013 = 8pts from 4 matches and equal 2nd place.

It's on again. Here we come. ... :thumb:
... and two of those dropped points were at Huddersfield. Pretty happy with Town's start to this new year. I'd settle for 21st come season end...

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if you support huddersfield, how come you don't support the giants then? out of curiosity

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you support huddersfield, how come you don't support the giants then? out of curiosity
Jeez - long story.

I'm from Huddersfield originally (my parents still live there) and have been a Huddersfield Town supporter (and on and off season ticket holder) since I was about 6 years old. I started playing Rugby League when I was about 9, my dad mentioned this to an old mate of his who lived on the same street as us. This guy was from Wigan originally, and although he'd lived in Huddersfield (about an hour and a half drive away from Wigan) for 40 years, he pretty much never missed any game, home or away. Without exaggerating at all, he'd missed something like 50 Wigan games home or away in 50 years. Then, for years, my dad and I would go along with him to follow Wigan. I was a season ticket holder throughout the 90s at the old Central Park.

This guy died a few years ago, but I still got to Wigan games when I could when I last lived in the UK.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Finished 8th last year, and missed play-offs by 4pts.

No matter.
It's that time of year again .... :bump:

2 games in.
2 wins.

Get on the bandwagon folks !!! :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.