Notorious

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw an advanced screening of Notorious this evening and thought that it was a good movie. Makes you realise just how good music was back in the day (or how crappy and manufactured it is today).

I'm sure there'd be heaps that will see it in the coming weeks - curious to know what you thought of it.

Reaction score
never really been a fan of notorious b.i.g...more a fan of tupac's :D

movie will be released tomorrow...might go use my $8 coupon to see it...

GRK_MAFIOSO

IN THE MOB!!!
Reaction score
If Tupac is disrespected or portrayed in a wrong way in this film I will be extremely pissed off!!!

M

MikeyP..

I wonder how puffy and faith evans are portrayed in this film lol. would be funny..

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ozman ur a biatch. ur supposed 2 take her. oh i forgot u dont have a license :p

btw his tupac heavily in it? who is acting out as B.I.G?

Reaction score

lol

jamal woolard plays biggie...i've never heard of him before he starred in this movie

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ded over a decade ago :p

but tupac alive and well. living in my basement. And his lyrics say he is alive :p

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Apparantly, that Jamal actor is a small time rapper with no prior acting experience. I think after seeing the movie you'd be suprised with how good he is in it.

Tupac is not in the movie much, a few appearances and a bit towards the end with the whole robbery incident.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
I saw my 'advanced screening' in my lounge room about 2 months ago lol. If our crappy film institute is going to persist releasing most flicks 8 weeks late out of the states then I'm going to persist downloading cinema quality rips at 2-3 mb/s and watch it in full HD 7.1 and only see the odd epic film in good quality theatres.

The movie is OK. Pac was good mates with biggie for a time but didn't feature much at all even though he played a role in 'Ready to Die' being a hit record. Lil Kim wasn't happy with her portrayal in the film and I'd have thought LOX and Jay-Z would've had a role. I liked it for the nostalgia more than anything. It was arguably the best ever era of hip-hop music (1993-97).

There are flaws in it. BIG never did any dealing outside his work (according to his boss n an old workmate) and wasn't the hardcore honcho he portrayed. He himself said the man portrayed in his lyrics is a different person.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it today. Loved it. And like a typical white girl i couldn't hold back a tear or two :o

If Tupac is disrespected or portrayed in a wrong way in this film I will be extremely pissed off!!!
Nah tbh, they showed more of how notorious was devestated their friendship fell apart. No pac disrespecting really, even though they showed it from the eastcoast perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.