Not happy with the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
At the end of the day - Its a football club, not a charity.

Malla

Reaction score
Why can't your cuzzy just ask Foxsports or Channel 9??

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FFS sake why does it matter that the person requesting the tapes is a serviceman, they sign up for a job and get paid for it just like any other person that is employed.
yeah they sign up for it, but what they do is different to serving pies at a game, or turning a stop-go sign. how about you sign up, get deployed over there for 6 months away from your family, put your life on the line and then not have anything to lift your spirits on your time off. then try and write the same sentence!

shame on the bulldogs! SEND HIM A COPY!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm an IT Guy and I serve the people of NSW. Give Me Free!!!!
*Points and yells*

He's in IT!!! Everyone, get him!

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
f*ck sh*t gets blown way out of proportion, yeah it sucks they wouldnt send something, but ppl having a go at a serviceman who isnt even on the kennel or nothing to do with it is just pathetic, yeah me personally i would of sent it off for someone serving for our country or US whichever, but there could be many reasons why they werent able to do it, but everyone b*tching and ranting doesnt solve anything, maybe contact someone else and take it further, but really your wasting your time, they'll just say no again

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I see both sides of the story here.

On one hand, I can understand where the club is coming from. On the other hand, Bulldogs Management can be such ****ing arseholes. I've experienced this first hand so I know where you are coming from.

Bulldogs management are not Bulldogs fans at the end of the day. They're at work like me and you, working their 9-5 hours, covering their arses and couldn't give two ****s about the fans so long as they get their pay cheque at the end of the day, and wont have any issues getting a reference for jobs in the future. The least they could have done was given him something as a thank you.

The Roosters on the other hand are probably copping so much **** from the executives because their club is in ruins. They have no future and they want to ensure they realise how important their fans are at this point in time. Which is probably why those who responded to your mates request did what they did. Two different circumstances.

If I were you, take it up to somebody else at the club and let them know exactly what the Roosters did. So why should we be any different? If they continue to be ****s, take it up to Greenburg at some sort of Fan function.

That's my advice.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Did the letter actually tell your bro to f*ck off or were they polite and apologetic? I dare say the latter. What did the letter your brother sent say and ask for? Did he make it sound like the videos were for public viewing with his company?

Whilst it's unfortunate that they couldn't help out I'm sure there is a good reason. Rather than just bashing the club online have you tried calling and asking for an explanation?

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Did the letter actually tell your bro to f*ck off or were they polite and apologetic? I dare say the latter. What did the letter your brother sent say and ask for? Did he make it sound like the videos were for public viewing with his company?

Whilst it's unfortunate that they couldn't help out I'm sure there is a good reason. Rather than just bashing the club online have you tried calling and asking for an explanation?
Firstly no they didnt tell him to f*ck off.

The email he sent simply said that he was a member as is his wife and children. He asked if he could have the last three games sent over as he missed them due to being deployed and heard how good we played at the end of season. He then said that he was looking forward to next year and hoped JD and the team have a good tough off season.

They replied with unfortunately no we cannot send them to you due to copyright reasons.

I do not want to bash the club up online and all I have done is bring this to other members attention here on The Kennel. I love the club and so does my cousin but as some here have stated, some people in the club are just employees and not fans and its just sad that a little support could not be thrown my cousins way from the club he loves.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly no they didnt tell him to f*ck off.

The email he sent simply said that he was a member as is his wife and children. He asked if he could have the last three games sent over as he missed them due to being deployed and heard how good we played at the end of season. He then said that he was looking forward to next year and hoped JD and the team have a good tough off season.

They replied with unfortunately no we cannot send them to you due to copyright reasons.

I do not want to bash the club up online and all I have done is bring this to other members attention here on The Kennel. I love the club and so does my cousin but as some here have stated, some people in the club are just employees and not fans and its just sad that a little support could not be thrown my cousins way from the club he loves.
I think if you speak to the right people at the club you'll get a better response. The problem is who are the right people? Dib? Greenberg?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Threads a bit rough on the club. They are right about copyright. The games belong to NRL, Fox and Nine. They arent allowed to distribute them without special permission, especially overseas. You arent allowed to make a copy of the games and send them to someone either. The Roosters sending them stuff doesnt mean its right. If they make a product, like a 2011 compilation or anything they would get persmission to create the product and have to pay royalties. They would bother getting this copyright to release a product. To do it as a nice gesture to one person, is asking a lot. We dont have a product with the last 3 games on it at this time, otherwise they would have something they can send. Maybe roosters had a product with the games on it? dunno.

You cant call the club crap because they dont do anything you ask. Pull your head in. The soldiers can go to youtube like the rest of us if we miss a game.

Also my BS radar is registering activity in this thread.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
The soldiers can go to youtube like the rest of us if we miss a game.
This. I have a fair few mates that have been deployed to the middle east over the last few years, every one of them came back and said 'yea, watched a fair bit of youtube...'. If they want dvd's - they'll have internet access, it's not like they're actually in the desert lol.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I watch any full games I missed on big pond and you don't have to be a telstra customer.

can watch the whole season online.

edit: sorry, don't think you can watch on bigpond o/s

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
maybe they dont have computer access for 2 hours

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Threads a bit rough on the club. They are right about copyright. The games belong to NRL, Fox and Nine. They arent allowed to distribute them without special permission, especially overseas. You arent allowed to make a copy of the games and send them to someone either. The Roosters sending them stuff doesnt mean its right. If they make a product, like a 2011 compilation or anything they would get persmission to create the product and have to pay royalties. They would bother getting this copyright to release a product. To do it as a nice gesture to one person, is asking a lot. We dont have a product with the last 3 games on it at this time, otherwise they would have something they can send. Maybe roosters had a product with the games on it? dunno
You cant call the club crap because they dont do anything you ask. Pull your head in. The soldiers can go to youtube like the rest of us if we miss a game.

Also my BS radar is registering activity in this thread.
Bull**** radar? Why the hell would this be Bull****?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.