Not happy with the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
My cousin is deployed in Afghanistan. He sent a letter to the Bulldogs asking if they could send him the final three games as he missed them whilst being deployed.

They replied saying no they would not send them due to copyright reasons!

His mate wrote the exact same letter to the Roosters for the same reasons.

3 weeks later he received a box with training shirts, singlets, posters and the 3 games he had requested!

My cousin is a member as is his wife and 3 children.

I thought are club was about the family and the fans???

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what a **** go! another reason why all this family club bull**** is over hyped,
shame doggies... SHAMEEEEEE

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Copyright reasons denotes a legal issue. Do you think the club is going to break the law? Come on now, it's unfortunate that your brother didn't get his three games, but if it is a legal issue then you have to respect that.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Copyright reasons denotes a legal issue. Do you think the club is going to break the law? Come on now, it's unfortunate that your brother didn't get his three games, but if it is a legal issue then you have to respect that.
Are you ****ing kidding me mate?? Yeah im sure the Bulldogs would get sued for sending a copy of three footy games to a Soldier in Afghanistan?? comon serisously!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you ****ing kidding me mate?? Yeah im sure the Bulldogs would get sued for sending a copy of three footy games to a Soldier in Afghanistan?? comon serisously!
I don't think he is saying that...

I think he is pointing our the fact the copyright is a serious issues... wheather it applies in this situation or not is a sperate thing all together.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you really think it is that simple? And do you really think the Dogs would actually break the law because it is something seemingly rather small? They are a large business and they will record things like that being sent out. They're not going to risk putting things in jeopardy.

Yeah, it's a little unfair your other mate got singlets and crap like that as well as his copies of the games, I understand that, but if the Bulldogs have cited a copyright issue then they are obviously not going to breach that are they?

In fact it's quite unreasonable to expect the club to breach copyright grounds to please you or whoever else. I think you're kidding yourself more than anything here. Good day.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Yeah well I guess the Roosters are more willing to take a risk for there fans than the Bulldogs are.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Download them grins torrent site. Send them to him yourself

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
And being proactive and maybe sending a letter requesting a waiver would have been a bit to hard for our club I guess.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not trying to have a go at you in any way. I've said I can understand your frustrations, it's just that if it is a copyright issue, which is in turn a legal issue, then the clubs hands are basically tied. It doesn't necessarily indicate they don't care.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
I'm not trying to have a go at you in any way. I've said I can understand your frustrations, it's just that if it is a copyright issue, which is in turn a legal issue, then the clubs hands are basically tied. It doesn't necessarily indicate they don't care.
Fair enough and I understand what your saying but Fark this has pissed me off!!

Its only the fact that the Roosters managed to send a bit of a thankyou message and that my cousin didnt even get a thanks for being a member or a thanks for doing you job over there.

I guess I just expected more from our club but ill build a bridge!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Firstly - Sorry your cousin missed out. It sucks but it doesn't mean it's personal. They have nothing against your cousin.

Throughout the course of the year the Bulldogs get thousands of request for all sorts of freebies and appearances.
Can you send a jersey to my Dad for his 50th ?
Can you send some tickets to my sick relo ?
Can you send a player to a funeral for my recently deceased lifelong Bulldogs / family member ?

Your cousins request, was just one of many more (often less deserving or demanding) requests.
As a result, they have developed the cold ability to say "no" very well.

2. Perhaps it's just a case of "they didn't know they could do it" - Imagine the Roosters guy in charge of requests, and the Bulldogs guy in charge of requests meet one day and have a chat. The Dogs guy says "This dude working in Afghanistan asked me for DVD's once and I had to say "no", to which the Roosters guy goes "Actually, we CAN do that. My club does it all the time." ... a simple case of 'not being aware'.

3. I highly suggest you email them back, and try too massage the issue your way a little : Say something like "Thanks for responding. I understand you get many requests and some are easy, some are not. Is it possible you can steer me in the right direction ? My mate who's a Roosters fan manage to get some DVD's and I thought it was just a case of asking the club. Do you know the contact details of anyone who can help ?"

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Firstly - Sorry your cousin missed out. It sucks but it doesn't mean it's personal. They have nothing against your cousin.

Throughout the course of the year the Bulldogs get thousands of request for all sorts of freebies and appearances.
Can you send a jersey to my Dad for his 50th ?
Can you send some tickets to my sick relo ?
Can you send a player to a funeral for my recently deceased lifelong Bulldogs / family member ?

Your cousins request, was just one of many more (often less deserving or demanding) requests.
As a result, they have developed the cold ability to say "no" very well.

2. Perhaps it's just a case of "they didn't know they could do it" - Imagine the Roosters guy in charge of requests, and the Bulldogs guy in charge of requests meet one day and have a chat. The Dogs guy says "This dude working in Afghanistan asked me for DVD's once and I had to say "no", to which the Roosters guy goes "Actually, we CAN do that. My club does it all the time." ... a simple case of 'not being aware'.

3. I highly suggest you email them back, and try too massage the issue your way a little : Say something like "Thanks for responding. I understand you get many requests and some are easy, some are not. Is it possible you can steer me in the right direction ? My mate who's a Roosters fan manage to get some DVD's and I thought it was just a case of asking the club. Do you know the contact details of anyone who can help ?"
Cheers bud,

Your reply makes alot of sense :grinning:

I like the idea of them suggesting a workable option and hopefully we can sort something for him.

I have told him about our second half display against the Knights so he is keen to see it!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
common sense should apply

1) he is fighting for the country so he should receive special dispensation

2) The NRL doesnt broadcast into afghanistan, and wont do so for a long time imo so it is no harming anyone

3) nobody in the NRL will object, and if they do and it becomes an issue then the media scrutiny will favour the bulldogs and nothing will come of it

the roosters understand common sense

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
lol rod just when the issue was resolved!

I know you agree with the logic of the previous posts but its like you see a challenge in battling for the unpopular side granted your debating skills.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
lol rod just when the issue was resolved!

I know you agree with the logic of the previous posts but its like you see a challenge in battling for the unpopular side granted your debating skills.
Sssshhhh ..... dont let it get out. It's more fun if we keep it on the DL.

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.