Opinion Not first grade standard

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not only this game or last game or our first game of the year it’s been happening for years
We get absolutely shit calls .
My memory isn’t the best but
09 the milk man
Black Friday
Every game against south’s from 2014 and on,
Bro I remember the ref giving a penalty cause kasiano threw the ball after a knock on,
Jackson 10 in the bin for offside,
How many tries did they deny us cause how the ref interprets the rules.
Refs are fucked we always cop it and it’s a fact.
Yep, they seem to pluck a rule or interpretation of a rule out of their backside & apply it to us then the rule is never seen again. That Kasiano one, we were penalised for that twice that season & nobody has been penalised for it before or since.

Also have a look at Aaron Woods. When he was with us, he used to get pinged for not playing the ball properly all the time & it rarely happens to him now & he hasn't changed his behaviour.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t agree I believe our play has a lot to do with it and we aren’t targeted anymore than any other team. We do have a few penalty magnets in Elliott, Katoa and Hetherington too that doesn’t help out cause.
I totally agree we have some dumb players that love giving away penalties.. I have always said that.. but I just feel that other teams automatically become angels when they come up against us.. thats my main issue.. the lack of penalties we don't receive..

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is such a playing the victim mentality on here instead of facing the fact we are just a bad footy side.

Our forwards really struggle to control the ruck which forces us to push our luck with time in the tackle and 10 meters. Sometimes we don't pinged and sometimes we will get hammered with restarts.

A ref howler happens to every team every now and again good teams can recover from them but we aren't a good team so it hurts us more.

Loop sided penalty counts are part of the game for some reason people think they should be even. No one even mentions it when we win the penalty count.

Its not some great conspiracy against the Dogs we are just a bad footy side.
I don’t know what you are on about I literally said in the op that us being not good enough is mostly true… but these refs should get the same treatment because they are not good enough and not up to first grade standard

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what you are on about I literally said in the op that us being not good enough is mostly true… but these refs should get the same treatment because they are not good enough and not up to first grade standard
I wasn’t addressing your post directly was I?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all fairness we laid all over the ruck on Sunday and thought we actually got away with a fair bit.. the only shit thing we really copped was that square up on Thompson whilst Brown got away with it and was probably their MOM.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly. No refereeing decision explains Wakeham’s brain fart yesterday to tackle Moses without the ball when he was in front of everyone else and had an open try line in front of him. That pretty much changed the course of the game, our heads dropped almost immediately. Some ownership of the truth on TK would be a breath of fresh air instead of a victim mentality and looking for anyone/everyone else to blame.
Ownership of the truth? Are you kidding? He's been saying all year...that we have to be better...that's not us...we are training hard but not putting it into practice...that our mistakes at crucial times are costing us.....every week he acknowledges our part in our losses. It's very evident in yesterday's game tho that we didn't get the rub of the green. The match was referred on one side. One only has to look at the replay and the 10 metres and how quick we peeled off compared to the Eels.
The 2nd half was a diabolically one sided refereeing display that cost us any chance of victory. Own THAT!!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ownership of the truth? Are you kidding? He's been saying all year...that we have to be better...that's not us...we are training hard but not putting it into practice...that our mistakes at crucial times are costing us.....every week he acknowledges our part in our losses. It's very evident in yesterday's game tho that we didn't get the rub of the green. The match was referred on one side. One only has to look at the replay and the 10 metres and how quick we peeled off compared to the Eels.
The 2nd half was a diabolically one sided refereeing display that cost us any chance of victory. Own THAT!!!
What a crock. But you also rate Alan Jones and probably believe the world needs more Donald Trumps. How do you explain Wakeham’s brain fart in deciding to tackle Moses without the ball and give away a penalty try straight after half time? That’s neither ‘a mistake’ nor getting the ‘rub of the green’ - that’s just dumb play and it was all down hill from there. We completed 6 sets in the second half - we couldn’t hold the ball and as soon as the blow torch was applied we crumbled. Oh but it’s all the referee and betting agencies fault isn’t it! Good teams don’t allow ‘bad luck’ to define them. In our case the wheels totally fell off. No way am I going to try to blame our limp wristed second half on the referee or some anti-Bulldog conspiracy. We are just not good enough.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is such a playing the victim mentality on here instead of facing the fact we are just a bad footy side.

Our forwards really struggle to control the ruck which forces us to push our luck with time in the tackle and 10 meters. Sometimes we don't pinged and sometimes we will get hammered with restarts.

A ref howler happens to every team every now and again good teams can recover from them but we aren't a good team so it hurts us more.

Loop sided penalty counts are part of the game for some reason people think they should be even. No one even mentions it when we win the penalty count.

Its not some great conspiracy against the Dogs we are just a bad footy side.
If you don't want to stick up for the club, there is 15 others to choose from!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not only this game or last game or our first game of the year it’s been happening for years
We get absolutely shit calls .
My memory isn’t the best but
09 the milk man
Black Friday
Every game against south’s from 2014 and on,
Bro I remember the ref giving a penalty cause kasiano threw the ball after a knock on,
Jackson 10 in the bin for offside,
How many tries did they deny us cause how the ref interprets the rules.
Refs are fucked we always cop it and it’s a fact.
You have nailed it. I have been following the Dogs since 1960 when they were the Berries and since the Super League fiasco in 1996 we have been mercilesdly hammered by the ARL. The Dogs have had to fight for every win and I'm proud to follow a club that has not had a helping hand to win.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have nailed it. I have been following the Dogs since 1960 when they were the Berries and since the Super League fiasco in 1996 we have been mercilesdly hammered by the ARL. The Dogs have had to fight for every win and I'm proud to follow a club that has not had a helping hand to win.
Good to have another Senior Gent with a decent memory, I might be wrong but it appears that virtually all the TV commentators, even the NEWS LTD commentators were once aligned to the ARL and against SL.
ARL diehards the Rotters have taken control of CH9, and I'm certain that their hatred of the former SL aligned clubs particularly ours is in many cases as strong as ever.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All year we have heard that this team is not first grade standard and we are just not good enough which is mostly true, although we have shown improvements these past few weeks…. What pisses me off though is when we get dudded on field almost every week by the referees and we get told to suck it up and that we are not good enough and we are not first grade standard….

Well I think it’s time that everyone gives the referees the same treatment that our players get…. The Refs are not good enough and are not first grade standard and they literally make it impossible for us to be in games being the way that we are this season, and it shits me that even our own fans don’t wanna call it out. The club is doing it tough and we were on top of parra at half time and we were given no chance to stay in the game. Our problems are well documented but imagine trying to get out of this hole and doing the hard work and having to deal with the bullshit that they served us yesterday. It’s simply unacceptable and I’m proud of Trent Barrett for call them out in the press conference.
IMHO its the constant rule changes that makes it hard for the referees, and if they are corrupt you can probably blame the rule changes for that as well.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When do you remember the last lopsided penalty count in our favour?

I can't remember one in recent years..
Who cares about lopsided, How many penalty counts have won in the last 3 years?

In over 50 games I don't think we have won more than 5.

Last edited: